The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

Ridding Myself of Religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...12 13 14 · >>
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019




Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 08:05:41
@mrmhead Said

There's a version of the following story being considered for the "3rd Testament":

Things are getting pretty bad in the early 1800s in the American mid-west.
So God tells Jesus to go back down to Earth and straighten things out... give hope to the desolate, put fear into the debaucherous ... you know, typical stuff.

There's a rancher at a lake, watering what's left of his heard after a devastating disease and famine wiped out 95% of his cattle.
Jesus appears to him and tells him to "Have hope, believe in me and all will be well"
The down and out, the skeptical rancher says Prove you're the savior, Jesus.

Jesus replies, What will make you believe in me?

The rancher stops and thinks a minute, then says -
If you're really Jesus you can walk on water, so go walk out on the lake.

Jesus agrees and starts to walk into the lake. He get's a few feet out and "Splash" he falls in.

He walks back out of the lake and says "Must be these goddamned holes in my feet"



(Yeah, yeah ... my "special place" is probably somewhere between the women who didn't vote for Hillary, and the men who harass women)



that's old joke, i heard when i was a kid. it is funny. should it is funny even today.

this first thing, when i heard of this joke is " swish cheese ". then i think of " holy cow, batman! " i think about hamburgers.

actually, there is two versions of this joke, but i can't remember it now.

the reason, why i forgot about this joke, when i heard this joke as a kid. i started to eat swish cheese the first time. after, i heard this joke before ten times of eating swish cheese, i didn't like swish cheese. i have try it over years, i still don't like it.

jesus christ, twilite, you are boring!
MisterX On about 2 hours ago




Saint Petersburg,
#32New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 16:52:37
@chaski Said

This is incorrect.

While Jesus may or may not be the reason why christianity was founded, Jesus clearly stated that Peter would be the rock upon which the church would be build meaning that Peter would found the church.

And while the teachings of the New Testament are primarily based on the words of Paul, it would more accurate to say that christianity as we know it was founded by a bunch of early christian leaders (aka bishops) at the direction of the Emperor Constantine.


You are delusional, Christ is the first part of the nomenclature of the faith--that is-- Christian-- a follower of Christ.
Here are five verses, five easy verses, which answer who founded Christianity.

You will never read them, or believe them; but you will answer for your mocking. Who are you to mock Christ? Or are you merely mocking me, a follower?

Either way...ha,ha,ha! The little chaski-man is angry.

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16&version=KJV
chaski On 58 minutes ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#33New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 17:21:06
@MisterX Said

You are delusional, Christ is the first part of the nomenclature of the faith--that is-- Christian-- a follower of Christ.


So , using your reasoning, there must also be a guy named Republican who founded the Republicans ?

@MisterX Said


Here are five verses, five easy verses, which answer who founded Christianity.

You will never read them, or believe them; but you will answer for your mocking.



Why wouldn't I read them? I've already read the Bible 4 times from 1st word to last word, and studied the Bible, its formation and its history all my adult life. Of course I will read your "five verses"...again. (You seem to be in the habit of being wrong... )

Have you read the Bible.... all of it... from 1st word to last... not just the verses your Sunday school tells you to read... but ALL OF THE BIBLE?


@MisterX Said


Who are you to mock Christ? Or are you merely mocking me, a follower?



In the post you quoted I wasn't mocking Christ. not mocking his followers and not really even mocking you.

Just correcting your errors.


@MisterX Said


Either way...ha,ha,ha! The little chaski-man is angry.


Mad like crazy or mad like angry?

You are actually incapable of making me either. I could be "mad" crazy, but I'm not "mad" angry... I actually love these sorts of religious discussions and gain a lot of joy from them.

So now on to your verses:

"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?" This verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets." Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?" Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.


"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." And this verse says that Peter will found the church
MisterX On about 2 hours ago




Saint Petersburg,
#34New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 17:54:03
@chaski Said

So , using your reasoning, there must also be a guy named Republican who founded the Republicans ?

Why wouldn't I read them? I've already read the Bible 4 times from 1st word to last word, and studied the Bible, its formation and its history all my adult life. Of course I will read your "five verses"...again. (You seem to be in the habit of being wrong... )

Have you read the Bible.... all of it... from 1st word to last... not just the verses your Sunday school tells you to read... but ALL OF THE BIBLE?

In the post you quoted I wasn't mocking Christ. not mocking his followers and not really even mocking you.

Just correcting your errors.

Mad like crazy or mad like angry?

You are actually incapable of making me either. I could be "mad" crazy, but I'm not "mad" angry... I actually love these sorts of religious discussions and gain a lot of joy from them.

So now on to your verses:

"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?" This verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets." Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?" Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." Again, this verse says nothing about who founded Christianity.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." And this verse says that Peter will found the church


I have read the bible through, at least twice; and I have listened to it on tapes and CD's, about 4x. I have taught Sunday School, and I can keep up with bishops, in any discussion of it. I have in the past.

And I will ask the question, who do you say Jesus is? I have Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door, about every 8 weeks, and they deny Christ is God.
But, to be the Son of God, is to be God---not the king of angels, or anything inferior to God.

BTW: the Pharisees were vere very studied, and so were the Sadducees, but not in the OT. They were merely studied in religion, and mankind opinion of them.
chaski On 58 minutes ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#35New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 18:14:58
@MisterX Said

I have read the bible through, at least twice; and I have listened to it on tapes and CD's, about 4x.


Excellent!


@MisterX Said


And I will ask the question, who do you say Jesus is?


Who do I say Jesus is? Its more a matter of who history demonstrates that Jesus was.

> Jesus was a human being who's real name was Yahushua.
> He was the leader of a Hebrew (Jewish) philosophic/religious movement.
> He live roughly 2000 years ago, and died (most likely) at the hands of Roman soldiers (possibly because he pissed off Hebrew religious leaders).
> He had some very good ideas, though sadly much of his teachings were high jacked by a charlatan who sometimes went by the name Saul and later by the name Paul.
> Between (roughly) 325-451 the high jacking of his (Yahushua's) teaching was complete.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021




The mind of God, Antarctica
#36New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 19:42:41
Verily I say unto you...



Christianity is the religion of those who believe Jesus is/was the messiah.

There was no Christianity before the resurrection of Jesus.

There was Messiahism before Jesus.

Christ means Messiah

Jesus Christ means Jesus the Messiah.


If: There was no Christianity before the resurrection.

And: The resurrection occurred in the spring of 33CE on or around Passover.

And: Passover is in the spring

Then: We have as starting date of when Christianity was founded.

NOTE: Knowing the when may help us establish the who.

________________________________________

Some time before 36CE Paul (the self appointed apostle who was still called Saul at the time) said “I think I will run up to Damascus and persecute me some Christians”. If we accept that as true we know that there was already Christianity before Paul’s conversion so we can eliminate Paul as the founder.

So we can date the founding of Christianity between 33CE and 36CE.

It may be that the founder was either a disciple (student) or an apostle (teacher).

Of course Jim took over as leader when his brother was crucified so he might be considered too.

Pete is a possibility.

Not Bart. He converted.

Darn… I am having a whole great big lot of difficulty remembering this stuff and I do not have the time or inclination to research it again.


NOTE: Most of the New Testament is by or about Paul. And Paul does not mention Jesus very much. My belief is that is because the mythos was still in the process of being formed. We might consider that there was no single founder.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021




The mind of God, Antarctica
#37New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 19:45:15
My belief is that Jesus is a myth.
chaski On 58 minutes ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#38New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 20:31:39
@Erimitus Said

My belief is that Jesus is a myth.



> Jesus as the son of god?

> Jesus as a prophet (maybe even messiah)?

> Jesus the man?

> All of the above as in "he" never existed?

> Something else?

PS
I think there is some evidence that there was a man prophet named Jesus. In fact, there is far more evidence that he existed than there is that Saul/Paul existed. (I only bring that up since the NT has so much written by a guy named Paul).
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019




Saint Louis, Missouri
#39New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 20:33:26
@Erimitus Said

My belief is that Jesus is a myth.



we agreed, too. stella, twilite , and i believe that jesus is a myth, too. we believe that jesus as well, goldilock. that the three bears found goldilock and jesus, were found in baby's bear's bed and papa bear's bed.

mama was alone, she need help with baby bear. so papa bear agree to keep jesus and goldilocks. jesus is now working in yellowstone working with yogi bear and boo. they sell hell a lot of pincic baskets to tourists per year.

goldilock is now, she is a zoo keeper at san diego zoo, with working with bears.
mrmhead On 27 minutes ago




NE, Ohio
#40New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 21:50:01
@chaski Said

> Jesus as the son of god?

> Jesus as a prophet (maybe even messiah)?

> Jesus the man?

> All of the above as in "he" never existed?

> Something else?

PS
I think there is some evidence that there was a man prophet named Jesus. In fact, there is far more evidence that he existed than there is that Saul/Paul existed. (I only bring that up since the NT has so much written by a guy named Paul).


Paul died in a car accident and was secretly replaced by look-a-like/impersonator Billy Shears so that the mythos of the Beatles would continue.
So sayeth Sgt. Pepper in Revolution #9.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021




The mind of God, Antarctica
#41New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 23:05:41
@chaski Said

> Jesus as the son of god?

> Jesus as a prophet (maybe even messiah)?

> Jesus the man?

> All of the above as in "he" never existed?

> Something else?

PS
I think there is some evidence that there was a man prophet named Jesus. In fact, there is far more evidence that he existed than there is that Saul/Paul existed. (I only bring that up since the NT has so much written by a guy named Paul).


All of the above
Erimitus On July 01, 2021




The mind of God, Antarctica
#42New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 23:07:03
@mrmhead Said

Paul died in a car accident and was secretly replaced by look-a-like/impersonator Billy Shears so that the mythos of the Beatles would continue.
So sayeth Sgt. Pepper in Revolution #9.



There is no evidence of that.
chaski On 58 minutes ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#43New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 23:12:45
@Erimitus Said

All of the above



Intersting.

If memory serves (and thankfully mine usually does... usually...): Beyond the historian Titus Flavius Josephus' writings there is little if any evidence of the existence of the man we refer to as Jesus.

There is the bible. In that regard, however nifty the story line, and forgiving the horrendous prose, I think "we" all know what I think. To wit: Gilgamesh is a much better and equally believable story.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021




Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#44New Post! Dec 03, 2017 @ 01:00:51
@Erimitus Said

Self inflicted

Your name isn't Thomas by any chance.


I don't simply believe something just because someone says something.

So yeath I very much doubt there was a twin brother who would set up an elaborate plot.

Besides, the Jews would have been aware of the twin. That would have blown the whole plot sky high.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019




Saint Louis, Missouri
#45New Post! Dec 03, 2017 @ 01:25:08
would it be interesting god created two jesus crists. both of them were twins with the same profile as we known jesus was.

other jesus christ was born on the other side of the earth, but continiued do god's work without being kill.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...12 13 14 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

      
Subscribe to topic prefs

Similar Topics
    Forum Topic Last Post Replies Views
New posts   Jokes & Humor
Fri Apr 27, 2007 @ 21:25
8 523
New posts   Jokes & Humor
Fri Jun 27, 2008 @ 20:25
25 5265
New posts   Jokes & Humor
Wed Mar 12, 2008 @ 16:59
6 416
New posts   Random
Sat Sep 22, 2007 @ 22:15
7 650
New posts   Jokes & Humor
Sat Mar 19, 2016 @ 23:38
3 364