Why the death penalty is wrong

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
azureus On December 16, 2008

Deleted

Chuck Norris,
#31New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 22:37:25
I am against the death penalty, we are supposed to live in a "civilized society", how civilized is it to kill?
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#32New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 22:44:48
@rubylights Said
the hipocrisy of it is what gets me the most. i'm from new jersey. we don't have the death penalty here. what really gets to me, though is that new jersey and new york have some of the lowest percentages of ppl who attend church on a regular basis in the u.s. as opposed to texas where over 90% of the population claims to be christian...

I know what you mean. When I was in highschool we had a little debate in my class about the death penalty about 10 people participated. Anyways I was the only one that was not religious. And I was the only one fully against the death penalty. The one that claimed she was most religious was the one that was the most for the death penalty.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#33New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 22:48:40
@azureus Said
I am against the death penalty, we are supposed to live in a "civilized society", how civilized is it to kill?

True but we would be wasting money feeding and hosting prisoners that would have been executed otherwise.
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#34New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 22:56:38
@BeTTyBeLL Said
I don't know if it so much the right, as much as where you raised, and how you were raised, Texas is a very PRO DEATH PENALTY STATE..Now do I think every crime deserves death, NO. But I have real problem with my tax paying dollars going to keep child molestors, feed, clothed, and housed. Yes I know it is cold, but again it is more how I was raised.

I completely agree with you, i dont know about molesters getting the death penalty, but I completely agree that murderers should get the death penalty though
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#35New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:00:23
@asme251 Said
I guess the death penalty is not without it's flaws but I don't think one or two wrong sentences don't justify letting real murderers live.

on the contrary. i think that one or two innocent lives lost are worth miles more than the savage satisfaction some ppl get out of executing one man to justify the death or another. it just doesn't make sense to me that because someone commited murder, then that person should, in turn, be murdered. how does that solve anything?
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#37New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:02:20
@asme251 Said
True but we would be wasting money feeding and hosting prisoners that would have been executed otherwise.

But who is to judge that a persons life is not worth the money to feed and hold them in jail?
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#38New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:03:42
@cGobla Said
But who is to judge that a persons life is not worth the money to feed and hold them in jail?

Society.

Miami, Florida
#40New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:04:33
@asme251 Said

possibly innocent victims of a flawed system...
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#41New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:07:22
i believe in the death penalty, but i also beleive it is open to human error, as in the damned justice system, corrupt officers and lawyers and judges.
the death penalty...hmmmmmm...why is charles manson still alive? i could name alot of others PROVEN guilty BRD, who certainly do not deserve to walk among the living.
how can YOU BE ANTI DEATH PENALTY AND PRO-ABORTION? f***ING REDICULOUS.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#42New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:09:53
@rubylights Said
on the contrary. i think that one or two innocent lives lost are worth miles more than the savage satisfaction some ppl get out of executing one man to justify the death or another. it just doesn't make sense to me that because someone commited murder, then that person should, in turn, be murdered. how does that solve anything?

I guess you could be right (about whose life is more important) but I don't think people's tax dollars should be spend on sustaining prisoners.

@rubylights Said
possibly innocent victims of a flawed system...

Not all people who are executed are innocent. The majority are probably guilty of the charges brought upon them.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#43New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:19:50
@scoobiedoolala Said

how can YOU BE ANTI DEATH PENALTY AND PRO-ABORTION? f***ING REDICULOUS.

I can see how this does seem odd. Killing a completely innocent live and letting a guilty one live. To me abortion is just preventing a life from ever happening. I mean isn't that the same as a condom or the pill just a little later. Nobody is affected by an abortion except the mother (granted she does not tell anyone). Where as killing someone who had lead a life effects countless people.

Miami, Florida
#44New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:23:57
@ShadyFx8 Said
better then life in prison, the death penalty is a form of mercy. we don't know whether troy davis is inocent or not

that's exactly why the death penalty is wrong. because you can't be SURE whether troy davis or any of the others are innocent or not.

Miami, Florida
#45New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:26:39
@asme251 Said
I guess you could be right (about whose life is more important) but I don't think people's tax dollars should be spend on sustaining prisoners.

Not all people who are executed are innocent. The majority are probably guilty of the charges brought upon them.

Nobody said they were all innocent. i said "possibly innocent". and the fact that the majority are PROBABLY guilty; that's just not sufficient odds for me...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs