Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Abortion, Euthanasia, and the Death Penalty in a religious context

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
AgentSmith On December 25, 2008

#167New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 09:00:47
If you stab somebody with a knife, you'll be arrested, tried and probably executed BUT if you teach him/her how to smoke, you can sell him/her different brands of cigarettes.
Nobody has the right to take another life for the simple fact that it cannot be replaced or compensated adequately(nowadays everything has a price ). However, we all have our heroes and our villians.
Abortion is just a part of the greater argument-"Whether human beings have the right to another's life?" If you can find the answer to the primary question, the controversy over abortion will be redundant.
It seems the answer lies within us...
Let us take this argument to the next level!
"Does any living thing have the right to kill another living organism?"
The whole argument is beginning to sound ridiculous...right?
It IS ridiculous and to deny pregnant mothers abortion and abolish the death sentence is, if not more, laughable!!
The issue here is not to prohibit abortion but to make pregnancy a responsibility, not a side-effect of a lucky encounter; to make people value and respect the life of a fellow human being and NOT condone those who treat it like a commodity.
You see, these policies are deterrants and guide us to be more responsible whether it be out of increased awareness or fear.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#168New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 18:31:16
@madelineelise Said
I think that if people were more responsible in matters of reproduction, there would be a lower crime rate, there would be less crowding in the cities, less pollution, less people hurting others, we wouldn't have to worry about over populates correction facilities, and if people wouldn't have more kids than they could raise, they could take more time to raise fewer, better, thus bettering the population in general.
Some people are disgusted by abortion, I, on the other hand, am disgusted by breeders, who have handfuls of children.

I took this point out of the rest of your post because I feel it is the strongest.

Roe VS Wade had done more for lowering our current crime rate than any amount of police, education or religion.

FACT!

This has nothing to do with darwinism. Darwinian Theory is that species originate by descent, with variation, from parent forms, through the natural selection of those individuals best adapted for the reproductive success of their kind.
sirkewl On July 25, 2009

None of your business, Canada
#169New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 18:49:26
@jmo Said
Where in the Bible does it say there is anything wrong with Suicide anyway.

I've read the Bible, and don't recall anything saying suicide is wrong.

Bible says thou shall not kill.

If we are not to kill members of our own species, then it is logical to assume killing yourself - which is killing one of your species, is against this as well.

Too bad, you read words and come up with some up with some inane response, just to be against something. LOL!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs