Religion & Philosophy

Abortion, Euthanasia, and the Death Penalty in a religious context

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>
allurasmom On April 26, 2009

Lexington, Kentucky
#1New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 18:58:33
So I just finished my freshman year of college. For my Final paper in Eng 102 we had to discuss a hot button issue. I chose the above. I argued both sides of the issues and tried to see it from every POV. I was also able to include some of my own thoughts as they relate to my faith. So... I want to know what others feel about these issues as they relate to their religious beliefs...( or lack there of). So let the games begin...

Oh, and I will post portions of my paper so that you can see and understand my view of these issues a little later, because I am at work and the paper is on my PC at home.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 18:59:34
If your opposed to Abortion for religious reasons you should be opposed to the death penalty too.

Lexington, Kentucky
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:01:20
Oh and did I mention I am a nursing/ premed student so this kinda falls into my scope of understanding?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:03:10
I have to agree with jmo.

Euthanasia then becomes and issue...does the reason (compassion for the person dying painfully) out weigh the "sin" of killing?

(I sort of feel that suicide should have been included...one could argue that it is a sort of self-euthanasia...in some instances)
tfc On April 16, 2019

Dallas,
#5New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:21:04
@allurasmom Said
So I just finished my freshman year of college. For my Final paper in Eng 102 we had to discuss a hot button issue. I chose the above. I argued both sides of the issues and tried to see it from every POV. I was also able to include some of my own thoughts as they relate to my faith. So... I want to know what others feel about these issues as they relate to their religious beliefs...( or lack there of). So let the games begin...

Oh, and I will post portions of my paper so that you can see and understand my view of these issues a little later, because I am at work and the paper is on my PC at home.

Good luck with you paper!

Abortion- human life begins the moment of conception. I do not think we should kill the most helpless part of society- the unborn. (The only exception might be if the mother is in immediate danger, but I am not certain.)

Death Penalty- I would prefer not to have it. But I do think it has some benefits. I am undecided on this.

Euthenasia- I think it is the same as suicide and should not be done. But I am still not 100% sure on this one either.
momof2 On November 09, 2008

Deleted

Craziest looney bin, Louisiana
#6New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:22:56
I totally disagree with abortion and think it is pure murder in every aspect...

the death penalty i think should be ok in certain circumstances.....thats why our jails are so damn full
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:24:28
Where in the Bible does it say there is anything wrong with Suicide anyway.

I've read the Bible, and don't recall anything saying suicide is wrong.

Lexington, Kentucky
#8New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:26:22
Euthanasia is actually medically broken into two kinds. Passive euthanasia, like what happens in hospitals when patients become a DNR and the nurses administer comfort measues, then there is PAS aka physician assisted suicide. Which is the Dr Kavorkian stuff.

Lexington, Kentucky
#9New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:26:52
@tfc Said
Good luck with you paper!

Abortion- human life begins the moment of conception. I do not think we should kill the most helpless part of society- the unborn. (The only exception might be if the mother is in immediate danger, but I am not certain.)

Death Penalty- I would prefer not to have it. But I do think it has some benefits. I am undecided on this.

Euthenasia- I think it is the same as suicide and should not be done. But I am still not 100% sure on this one either.

Oh I already got an A.
tfc On April 16, 2019

Dallas,
#10New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:32:01
@allurasmom Said
Oh I already got an A.

oops!

Great job on your A though!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:33:17
@momof2 Said
I totally disagree with abortion and think it is pure murder in every aspect...

the death penalty i think should be ok in certain circumstances.....thats why our jails are so damn full

i understand where you get the 1st part, but why does overcrowding in jail justify the death penalty.

and, from a christian perspective (i bring this up as I am guessing that you are a christian), doesn't the death penalty cut short a person's oporutunity to be saved through jesus christ?

if you are against abortion...doesn't the reasoning apply to all human life?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:47:58
the overcrowding of prisons justifies capital punishment?

what does whether or not they deserve to have cable, ac, etc. have to do with whether or not they deserve to die?

kind of a big jump there.

Lexington, Kentucky
#14New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:50:41
If jails are overcrowded we can do 1 of 2 things... rethink our current justice system, or build more jails.

I choose option 2 cause its cheaper and will take less time!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#15New Post! Jun 01, 2008 @ 19:52:08
i agree with you allurasmom.

momof2 seems to think that there is a 3rd option...kill them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs