Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 · >>
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#91New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 05:43:15
@04EXCURSION Said
im not saying it's impossible, i said "probably"

right, but a probability that nobody loves them doesn't justify their death.

i'm pro-torture, by the way.
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#92New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 06:26:27
@rubylights Said
again, one evil doesn't justify another. maybe you think that ridding the world of this man is hardly an evil deed, but rehabilitation is always a possibility. i just think that a man's life is too delicate a thing to be decided by someone else.

Somehow I figured that would be your answer. I totally have to disagree with you, though.

He decided what was going to happen to the lives of his family, they had no say in it. But he shouldn't have someone decide his fate for him, because his life is too delicate to be decided by someone else? Weren't his family's lives too delicate for him to make the decision to kill them? Apparently they must not count in your mind.

As for someone like that having a chance at being rehabilitated, get out of lala-land. Anyone with that type of a mentality, will not change. If they change, it's only so they can maybe one day be released and then wait a few years, and commit the crime again.
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#93New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 06:30:30
but the death penalty is acceptable for the truly deserving in our society.
it isnt me who kills anyone, but they kill themselves when they kill.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#94New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 06:43:16
I have never understood the logic of the death penalty. If you kill people who kill people, surely you have to kill the people who kill people for killing people, as they too, have killed people.

Aside from that, the law is hardly right, good, just or fair, when money plays a major part in the outcome of many trials. I am glad that we here in Australia did away with it.

Miami, Florida
#95New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 06:45:10
@perfectlystrange Said

He decided what was going to happen to the lives of his family, they had no say in it. But he shouldn't have someone decide his fate for him, because his life is too delicate to be decided by someone else? Weren't his family's lives too delicate for him to make the decision to kill them? Apparently they must not count in your mind.

hold your assumptions back. i know firsthand what it's like for your father to be murdered in cold blood. i understand the victims and the families of the victims far better than you could possibly imagine, unless you've lived through a situation of that nature.

i maintain the position that a person's lack or moral constraint and psychotic and harmful behavior does not warrant death. it's too difinitive a measure. it makes the justice system as guilty as the perpetrator. one murder doesn't justify another.

Quote:
As for someone like that having a chance at being rehabilitated, get out of lala-land. Anyone with that type of a mentality, will not change. If they change, it's only so they can maybe one day be released and then wait a few years, and commit the crime again.

Rehabilitation is a proven method. There is no arguing it. The stats say it all...

Miami, Florida
#96New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 06:46:16
@scoobiedoolala Said
but the death penalty is acceptable for the truly deserving in our society.
it isnt me who kills anyone, but they kill themselves when they kill.

that's the most reasonable argument i've heard on this thread. i just can't bring myself to accept death as a form of punishment...
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#97New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 07:04:31
@rubylights Said
that's the most reasonable argument i've heard on this thread. i just can't bring myself to accept death as a form of punishment...

ok. i can see your point.
kudos for having a classy way of saying such.
i really thought i needed more...but you got what i was sayin.

04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#98New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 23:15:34
@rubylights Said
again, one evil doesn't justify another. maybe you think that ridding the world of this man is hardly an evil deed, but rehabilitation is always a possibility. i just think that a man's life is too delicate a thing to be decided by someone else.

any one who murders forfeited their life, they know the consequences for murder, they are the ones that decided it ultimately, not the govt.

and i agree with you on the rehab, it can/ does work on some people, and yes i do agree that some people can change, but there are some people out there that wont change, and don't deserve a second chance. but i completely agree with you that a man who has murdered can change and realize the wrong he has done, but if someone goes on a rampage or serial killings, he doesn't deserve a second chance, or even life in prison, someone like that should automatically receive the death penalty.
moonlighthopes On May 30, 2015

, Canada
#99New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 23:24:05
I'm just going to flat out say what I think.

Murderers, rapists, and pedophiles should all have the death penalty in my opinion. I'm all for it.
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#100New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 23:25:27

Strangeville,
#101New Post! Sep 29, 2008 @ 05:00:14
@rubylights Said
hold your assumptions back. i know firsthand what it's like for your father to be murdered in cold blood. i understand the victims and the families of the victims far better than you could possibly imagine, unless you've lived through a situation of that nature.

i maintain the position that a person's lack or moral constraint and psychotic and harmful behavior does not warrant death. it's too difinitive a measure. it makes the justice system as guilty as the perpetrator. one murder doesn't justify another.

Rehabilitation is a proven method. There is no arguing it. The stats say it all...

First of all, sorry for your loss. I have also had a family member who was viciously murdered. Someone walked up to my cousin and shot him in the head 6 times, while he was sleeping. The person who did it, was never caught, sadly.

I still say that killers deserve to suffer the same fate that they made their victims suffer through.

Now days, a killer will be put to death in a more humane manor, than how his/her victims were put to death.

And no, rehabilitation has not been proven. There are more people than you may think, that are far too damaged to be reached or helped.

Miami, Florida
#102New Post! Sep 29, 2008 @ 05:07:33
thank you. the same goes to you...

and it's true, there are cases where rehabilitaion is futile. but if it didn't work at all it wouldn't exist.

and i say that if you want the perpetrator to suffer as his victim did, humane euthanasia is not the way. how does the perpetrator suffer at all with the death penalty??

i would prefer if the justice system was against death penalty and pro-torture. it makes sense to make them suffer, instead of making their families suffer. again, the perpetrator feels no pain or remorse through the dp.

Strangeville,
#103New Post! Sep 29, 2008 @ 05:18:52
@rubylights Said
thank you. the same goes to you...

and it's true, there are cases where rehabilitaion is futile. but if it didn't work at all it wouldn't exist.

and i say that if you want the perpetrator to suffer as his victim did, humane euthanasia is not the way. how does the perpetrator suffer at all with the death penalty??

i would prefer if the justice system was against death penalty and pro-torture. it makes sense to make them suffer, instead of making their families suffer. again, the perpetrator feels no pain or remorse through the dp.

There's a problem with having them tortured, too. Some people view torturing them, as being a more cruel thing to do to them, than having them killed.

No matter what way that anyone comes with as to how people like this should be dealt with, there's always going to be a group of people that are against it.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#104New Post! Sep 29, 2008 @ 07:23:26
@rubylights Said

first my condolences for the loss of your dad .

My 21 year old daughter was run off the road by a drunk driver passing another car in a clearly marked 'no passing' zone. so maybe I can "understand the victims and the families of the victims " at least as well as some one that has a loved who lost their life though no fault of their own actions, my daughters death was caused by a persons desision to drink and drive and her death is and will always be damn "difinitive" and no I do not believe the drunks death has done any thing to ease my pain and broken heart , but, he will never kill another mothers child with his 'bad' desions.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#105New Post! Sep 29, 2008 @ 07:29:02
I need to clearify the drunks death.
It was not a legal court ordered after years on death row death,,
he was parting with friends after he was released on bail and someone at the party gave him something called a 'cocktail' of meth and heroin so the rumor goes.
I did know him or any of his friends and only heard about the 'party' months after his death.
but he is dead and I will stand by my earlier post of
"no I do not believe the drunks death has done any thing to ease my pain and broken heart , but, he will never kill another mothers child with his 'bad' desions."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs