The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

State of mind influencing events in reality or reverse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:20:31
@woodss Said

Everyone has varied opinions, also we can not predict anything in any shape or format.

There is at least 40 faiths in Australia and each faith believe they are the correct one, of course there is a correct one and that is christian faith.

My grandfather and grandmothers and great grandfathers and grandmothers believed that Jesus will come in their lifetimes, but it didnt, now I'm in the same boat.

We really don't know how far we are at, therefore we gotta keep going, no matter what.

Well, I have news for you, Jesus promised presence (Parousia) happened in 1914. It was never intended that he return to earth in physical form, imply that he would take up Kingdom power in the heavens, and that he did, on schedule.

Yes there is only one true faith, and equally only one true Christian faith.

In one sense you are right. We know we are under the rule of Christ if we choose to come out of this system of thins as far as possible and accept his rule, what we don't know yet is exactly when Armageddon will happen, but it can't be all that long now.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#32New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 13:02:19
Let this arrest all the JW timesetting Bulldust, this is straight from the gospel.

Matthew 24:36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

There it is in the gospel in black and white.

Verse 42:

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

Arresting further time setting, Jesus said this himself.

So anything about 1914, 1928, 1975 etc and 2012 and all the other time setting hogwash, and books about it for pure to mislead people.

And mostly all the rubbish about World War III, whenever thats going to be no one knows, when the first world wars came in the early 20th Century.

Most christians thought it was doomsday back then, of course that has not happend, and this is the reason of why to be rational, about these kind of things, it says in the gospel itself that we can never timesett.

The more we do timesett the more that the Athiests will simply laugh at the christians and its not on, JWs are the worst offenders, is www.end-time.com a JW run hogwash site, there is no mention that 2012 is doomsday year, like come on its rubbish.

Who ever wrote that book, about it is just simply misleading.

Here is a list of websites that tells about failed end time prophecies.

https://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

JWs are the worst offenders: It has made failed prophecies in the years: 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994 Of course its 2011 and we have passed these years, but JWs will contince all this hogwash to simply mislead people.

Here is some Historic Flyers in Years Gone by.

#33New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 13:24:43
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-people-that-believe-the-world-is-ending-saturd <-- The idiots of 2011.

Lets all remember that Issac Newton, predicted the end of the world in 2060, we have not gone past 2060 yet, time will tell if we pass 2060.

Banned

#34New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 14:11:22
@woodss Said

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-people-that-believe-the-world-is-ending-saturd <-- The idiots of 2011.

Lets all remember that Issac Newton, predicted the end of the world in 2060, we have not gone past 2060 yet, time will tell if we pass 2060.

Lol, another non biblical belief.

#35New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 14:16:46
@MadCornishBiker Said

Lol, another non biblical belief.

Issac Newton thought the world will end not before 2060, whatever he is right, only time will tell, it will end up being that way.

Even me saying that contradicts my earlier post I written in Matt 24.

Banned

#36New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 14:28:39
@woodss Said

Let this arrest all the JW timesetting Bulldust, this is straight from the gospel.

Matthew 24:36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

There it is in the gospel in black and white.

Verse 42:

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

Arresting further time setting, Jesus said this himself.

So anything about 1914, 1928, 1975 etc and 2012 and all the other time setting hogwash, and books about it for pure to mislead people.

And mostly all the rubbish about World War III, whenever thats going to be no one knows, when the first world wars came in the early 20th Century.

Most christians thought it was doomsday back then, of course that has not happend, and this is the reason of why to be rational, about these kind of things, it says in the gospel itself that we can never timesett.

The more we do timesett the more that the Athiests will simply laugh at the christians and its not on, JWs are the worst offenders, is www.end-time.com a JW run hogwash site, there is no mention that 2012 is doomsday year, like come on its rubbish.

Who ever wrote that book, about it is just simply misleading.

Here is a list of websites that tells about failed end time prophecies.

https://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

JWs are the worst offenders: It has made failed prophecies in the years: 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994 Of course its 2011 and we have passed these years, but JWs will contince all this hogwash to simply mislead people.

Here is some Historic Flyers in Years Gone by.

As I said, no-one knows yet when Armageddon is coming, though I should imagine the Christ does by now. As for Christ#'s "parousia" no, at the time that was written, no-one did know and possibly even the Christ. I have no idea when he was told, but it would have been a short while before 1914, but the prophecy was not fully understood until the mid 1800's, and Barbour, one of the founders of your faith, was one of those who worked it out.

The JWs have never prophesied anything, that was not and is not their role. They haven't always recognised the significance of the prophecies they were studying. Their view of 1914 has never changed, and there has been no reason for it to. I am not aware of any statements about 1915. Though some brothers did consider that 1918 would logically be the end of the world, Armageddon, they soon relaised they were wrong, and there was more to come before that date, though they didn't realise what. However the society itself never advertised that as the end of the world.

1922 was when they reaslied there was a long work in front of them gathering the remnant of the spirit anointed ones, and 1925 was when they put that into organised action

1935 was when they recognised that there were "other sheep" to gather in as well.

Again I have never heard anything about 1938 so I suspect that is again a twisted story.

Same for 1975, but if any did think that was the end of the world, that thought did not come from the Society as an fact. Whether they though that 1975 had any significance at all I do not know, but doubtless that would also be from individual brothers not the Society. I can certainly find nothing in the societies literature that predicted 1975 as anything, and I have rapid access to literature going back to the 1950's on disc.

I often find it amusing that so many gloat over the few errors the Society have made, and yet ignore their own glaring errors or completely deny them in the face of evidence. One of the things I admire about the JWs is they have never been afraid to admit when they have made mistakes in interpreting things. That is, of course the only way to maintain an honest search for truth, to admit when you have got it wrong.

JWs gain nothing from misleading people, in fact they have everything to loose.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#37New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 15:50:06
@MadCornishBiker Said

I can prove the bible is true, certainly in many places if not all, can you prove it isn't? Of course you can't, because history and archaeology back up it's historical and prophetic accuracy. Those who deny this are blinding themselves to the facts.

I never assume anyone is stupid, but stupid is as stupid does, as they say.

Why don't you take a look at where the bible texts originated.
The story of Noah and the flood is almost an exact copy word for word from the Epic of Gilgamesh an ancient Sumarian text.
The following link also contains many origins of bible characters and myths.

https://www.blogster.com/revkenny/bible-myths-and-their-parallels-in-other-religions

#38New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 16:51:01
@futilevoice Said

The story of Noah and the flood is almost an exact copy word for word from the Epic of Gilgamesh an ancient Sumarian text.

https://www.blogster.com/revkenny/bible-myths-and-their-parallels-in-other-religions

I dont think its a myth.

Banned

#39New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 17:04:09
@futilevoice Said

@woodss Said

I dont think its a myth.

But which is the myth and which the original? I believe the bible story is the original and the others are all either copies or different versions of the same story. Largely of course because I believe the bible story comes from eye witnesses, and also because one of those eyewitness, during his time on earth, cited it as any example of how things would be in this time period.

Of course you are welcome to believe which you like, but I have learned how reliable the bible is historically so I'll take God's word for it thanks all the same.

The problem for some is that there really is no reliable way of dating things, the nearest to a reliable one is the genealogical list in the bible because that at least does give us a set start point to work either back or forward from. Another thing that makes me believe that record to be so reliable is that for the Jews it was a vital time management tool for knowing when the Messiah would arrive, and led them to expect him when he was due. Hence the Messianic fervour that Monty Python did such a good job of taking the mickey out of.

Everything else is based on assumptions and guestimates, not on definitive knowledge.

Archaeology certainly recognises the accuracy of the bible, hence books such as "The Bible as history" by Werner Keller.

#40New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 17:26:13
There is so many mysteries unsolved.
Why are sceienctists saying that the world is millions of years old and the Australian Govt, saying that Aborginials came to Australia 40,000 years ago.

Pre-History of Australia

#41New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 17:27:57
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well, I have news for you, Jesus promised presence (Parousia) happened in 1914. It was never intended that he return to earth in physical form, imply that he would take up Kingdom power in the heavens, and that he did, on schedule.

Yes there is only one true faith, and equally only one true Christian faith.

In one sense you are right. We know we are under the rule of Christ if we choose to come out of this system of thins as far as possible and accept his rule, what we don't know yet is exactly when Armageddon will happen, but it can't be all that long now.

Yeah well my grandfathers thought the same way when they were alive. Nothing new, if we accept Christ we can pass Armageddon with flying colors.

#42New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 17:29:51
@futilevoice Said

Good Point give us a overview.

Banned

#43New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 18:31:39
@woodss Said

The bible texts originated with God, it is as simple as that.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#44New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 18:45:49
@woodss Said

Sumer was a civilization and historical region in southern Mesopotamia, modern Iraq during the Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age.

Sumer was first settled between 4500 and 4001 BC where the Epic of Gilgamesh was to have originated.
This is centuries before the birth of Moses who is credited for writing the first five books of the OT. which includes the story of Noah.

So Moses was born about 1525 B.C. in Egypt and the daughter of the reigning Pharaoh (Tutmoses I) who found him in the Nile.

Many of the stories of the bible are reproductions of earlier Sumarian, Eygtian and even Greek myths. So there is no way anything in the bible could be prophetic or historical since it is just a collection of earlier myths.

That is why you cannot take anything in it literally. If you find solace in the scriptures then so be it, but it cannot be taken literally as MCB swears it can.

Banned

#45New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 19:03:40
@futilevoice Said

Sumer was a civilization and historical region in southern Mesopotamia, modern Iraq during the Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age.

Sumer was first settled between 4500 and 4001 BC where the Epic of Gilgamesh was to have originated.
This is centuries before the birth of Moses who is credited for writing the first five books of the OT. which includes the story of Noah.

So Moses was born about 1525 B.C. in Egypt and the daughter of the reigning Pharaoh (Tutmoses I) who found him in the Nile.

Many of the stories of the bible are reproductions of earlier Sumarian, Eygtian and even Greek myths. So there is no way anything in the bible could be prophetic or historical since it is just a collection of earlier myths.

That is why you cannot take anything in it literally. If you find solace in the scriptures then so be it, but it cannot be taken literally as MCB swears it can.

There is no accurate way of knowing when Sumer existed as far as I am aware,

By the way, Moses was born in 1593 BCE. You see this is the problem, only the bible gives a reliable date.

Do you know why Moses was found in a basket in the reeds? Because Pharoah had for some time insisted that any male child born to an Israelite woman was put to death at birth, since the Israelites were becoming too numerous in the land. This was during the reign of the Hyksos kings of Egypt who some historians believe were a renegade branch of the Hebrew nation.

If the bible weren't so accurate, both historically and prophetically I might agree with that, but it is and demonstrably so, and the stories passed down to Moses came from God, via his son, and so they are by far the most reliable versions of events, whether or not Moses gathered them by direct inspiration or was guided to sources of accurate versions.

That means that whatever any man says the bible is the reliable source of information, especially in relation to the nation of Israel who were, at that time, God's chosen people.

Why would Jesus refer to a story that was pure myth? What would the point of that be? There is no advantage to gain from it.

It is true however that the one who gains from people spreading doubt on God's word, by whatever means, is Satan who wants as many to die with him as possible.

I would say that the bible is reliable, no matter what anyone says to the contrary. They are misinformed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs