AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#31New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 02:11:07
@Hazuki0chan Said

See, this is where my complete dislike of the bible comes in. You're saying that Abraham and Isaac weren't people. Then why represent them as people. What's the point?

Deary me, what is going on here?

Abraham was a person.

Isaac was a person.

A dagger is not a person.

Neither Abraham or Isaac are the Lord.

Please re-read the previous post. I believe your hostility towards the Lord is reducing your ability to make objective comments.

I find that a warm cup of tea and a crumpet calms me down when I am being defeated by pure reason.

God bless you.

buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 02:18:11
The main difference between modern Chrisianity and Islam is that Christianity has become far more liberal and relaxed since it is mostly prevalent in economically developed nations whereas Islam is prevalent in the Middle-East, Africa, Indonesia and other deprived regions.
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#33New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 07:14:55
@Tako_400 Said

It's all the same. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism.

I'd like to think this is the case. I guess when I think about the Koran, it seems to be a handbook to life that many Muslims follow stringently as it includes laws as well as guidelines. It's like a one stop shop to living.

I don't see the Bible the same way, IMO it contains a lot of stories but not the huge amount of instruction the Koran has.

I've never read the Koran, nor the Bible, from cover to cover. So I could be talking complete s***e.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#34New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 07:52:40
@amelie3 Said

I'd like to think this is the case. I guess when I think about the Koran, it seems to be a handbook to life that many Muslims follow stringently as it includes laws as well as guidelines. It's like a one stop shop to living.

I don't see the Bible the same way, IMO it contains a lot of stories but not the huge amount of instruction the Koran has.

I've never read the Koran, nor the Bible, from cover to cover. So I could be talking complete s***e.

Me neither. I base my claim on the fact that in all the three books there are some mentions of the same people, events, and principles. So it's a possibility that all three religions stem from one religion that just got translated and changed to fit the audience.
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#35New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 08:12:55
@Tako_400 Said

Me neither. I base my claim on the fact that in all the three books there are some mentions of the same people, events, and principles. So it's a possibility that all three religions stem from one religion that just got translated and changed to fit the audience.

I agree. Very possible.

Mohammed was a soldier as I understand, and thus mortal, I haven't read about him or anyone like him anywhere else. But as I've already said, I probably need to do a lot more reading on the topic.

By the way, is it some sort of sin to talk about Mohammed without quickly adding 'praised should he be to Allah?' I wouldn't because I'm not Muslim, but I always wonder if I secretly offend Muslims if I don't.

A bit like how some Catholics get annoyed with people who go up to the church altar without genuflecting.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 18:33:14
@amelie3 Said

Mohammed was a soldier as I understand, and thus mortal, I haven't read about him or anyone like him anywhere else. But as I've already said, I probably need to do a lot more reading on the topic.

Mohammad was a merchant. He became a cult leader, and eventually he led his exiled people to reclaim Makkah for Islam. Quite a CV.

@amelie3 Said

By the way, is it some sort of sin to talk about Mohammed without quickly adding 'praised should he be to Allah?' I wouldn't because I'm not Muslim, but I always wonder if I secretly offend Muslims if I don't.

A bit like how some Catholics get annoyed with people who go up to the church altar without genuflecting.

It's not really offensive, since you are not a muslim. A muslim is required to say it, but they wouldn't expect anyone else to. There are many things which you probably do which muslims would find far more sinful; whether or not they are actually offended by it depends on the kind of society they are used to.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#37New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 19:15:11
@amelie3 Said

I agree. Very possible.

No, it's not a sin. It's not in any way wrong. It's just more respectful if you do. But there are extremists in every religion...
Subjectivity9 On September 28, 2009

madisonville, Tennessee
#38New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 19:54:59
One big difference is that Christians see Jesus as the Son of God sort of a deity by association. In Islam Jesus is just one of many prophets with Mohammad being the last prophet.

Another big difference is the Islam?s whole idea about avoiding idolatry, meaning any material representation of God, or His prophets. So they do not indulge in statues and paintings to inspire awe.

The biggest thing that they both to have have in common is that they both seem to attract people, like a big old magnet, who just love rules and regulations.

In fact, a great sign of their great faith is that they have given up thinking for the more comfortable unquestioning of rule following at least in this area.

I have even heard the mind in its cleverness, meaning thinking, referred as being Satan. This in my opinion isn't unconditional love. This is pure foolishness.

Subjectivity9
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#39New Post! Sep 08, 2009 @ 01:35:35
@aquine Said

The Holy Trinity is as old as Abraham. See Genesis 18. It is not something that is made up by the Church.

The Lord has always worked in threes.

Now that is what I call a smack down!

The original text mentions Yahweh and two others (unidentified).
From that you assume a "Trinity"? How presumptuous.

Howe, Texas
#40New Post! Sep 08, 2009 @ 01:46:01
Bedouin
-- Worship the god of Abraham in the fashion taught to them by that god. The religion has been handed down from Adam.

Jews
-- Worship the god of Abraham. They abandoned the original faith and follow the teachings of several wandering mad-men who claimed to "hear" god talking to them (although no one else seemed to).

Christians
-- Worship the god of Abraham. They abandoned the Jewish faith and follow the teaching of wandering beggar who claimed to be the "son" of god.

Muslims
-- Worship the god of Abraham. They split away from the Bedouin and follow the teachings of an illiterate thief who rambled about hearing the word of god.

Sorry...I can't find a great deal of difference in any of them.

Howe, Texas
#41New Post! Sep 08, 2009 @ 01:47:30
Muslims, Christians, and Jews have ALL left the true faith and should revert to being Bedouin.
Alanna On February 13, 2010

Cincinnati,
#42New Post! Sep 12, 2009 @ 13:14:35
There are so many differences between the Christian and Muslim faiths it's hard to summarize them in one sentence. In a nutshell, Christ was spiritual and Mohammed was political.

Mohammed was a political head of state who set down a rigid set of legal laws in the Quoran dealing with materialistic things such as dividing up inheritances, specific punishments for specific crimes, how many wives you could have and that sort of thing. He was also a warrior who headed up an army that was not opposed to killing people and stealing what they wanted.

Jesus was a spiritual person with no political ambition to become head of the Roman Senate or have his disciples take over the Senate. His teachings were about individual character development instead of mass movements. And, he was non-materialistic. He owned nothing and lusted after nothing.
Alanna On February 13, 2010

Cincinnati,
#43New Post! Sep 12, 2009 @ 13:17:36
@DiscordTiger Said

How about we get back to the topic, rather than discussing other posters? Thanks.

I'm glad to see someone suggest we stick to the topic. The topic is the difference between Islam and Christianity.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs