The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

State of mind influencing events in reality or reverse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#61New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 16:20:58
@MadCornishBiker Said

In that particular instance it is impossible to do so, though I have proved the bible's reliability in other ways in the past.

No. I'm sorry, but you really have not. You have explained your reasons for believing it to be true, but while those reasons are more concrete than those who say "I just feel like it's the truth," they still fall many stone throws short of counting as actual proof.

@MadCornishBiker Said

There are a number of things that cannot be proved either way in the bible, but those that can actually be proved always ceom down on the side of the bible.

Only when you're inclined to interpret them in such a way.

@MadCornishBiker Said

It wasn't intended as proof, just a testimony that I have had it proven sufficiently for me to rely on it.

This is what your arguments consist of, and it is a well-detailed testimony, but still not proof of anything.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:32:51
@chisa96 Said

No. I'm sorry, but you really have not. You have explained your reasons for believing it to be true, but while those reasons are more concrete than those who say "I just feel like it's the truth," they still fall many stone throws short of counting as actual proof.

Well if you don't accept archaeological and prophetic evidence as such then no I guess I haven't. After all I have pointed readers on here to "The Bible as History" by Werner Keller to provide the archaeological evidence, and cited two highly specific prophecies of the sack of Babylon and of Tyre to show it's prophetic reliability.

Both of the above are proof whether you accept them as such or not.

@chisa96 Said

Only when you're inclined to interpret them in such a way.

No, such things aren't open to interpretation which is why I cite the two most specific prophecies in the bible which are so specific there is no argument over what they mean.

@chisa96 Said

This is what your arguments consist of, and it is a well-detailed testimony, but still not proof of anything.

Not all of them, only a minority. Again it is not up to me whether you accept the evidence I present as such. I was talking of a specific instance in the pot you were replying to.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#63New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:36:52
Sure sure. We've been around this circle already.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#64New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:55:24
@chisa96 Said

Sure sure. We've been around this circle already.

Yup.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs