The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Did any prophecies in the bible prove true?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 15:13:19
Well how about this lot?

Some Prophecies Applying to Jesus Christ

Isaiah 7:14 Born from a maiden, a virgin girl Mt 1:22, 23
Isaiah 9:7; 11:1-5, 10 Offspring of David son of Jesse Lu 1:32, 33; Ro 15:8, 12

Isaiah 40:3-5 In connection with his coming, announcement was made: “Clear up the way of Jehovah, you people!” Mt 3:1-3; Mr 1:1-4; Lu 3:3-6; Joh 1:23

Isaiah 61:1, 2 Anointed by Jehovah to tell good news to meek ones Lu 4:17-21

Isaiah 9:1, 2 Brought light to Galilee Mt 4:13-16

Isaiah 42:1-4 Made God’s justice clear; did not crush those who were like a bruised reed Mt 12:10-21

Isaiah 53:4, 5 Carried sicknesses of others; because of his wounds others were healed Mt 8:16, 17; 1Pe 2:24

Isaiah 53:1 Not believed in Joh 12:37, 38

Isaiah 53:12 Reckoned with lawless ones Lu 22:37

Isaiah 8:14, 15; 28:16 Rejected, stone of stumbling, but became foundation cornerstone 1Pe 2:6-8

Other Instances in Which Events Fulfilling Isaiah’s Prophecies Are Noted, but Where the Writer Makes No Reference to Isaiah

Isaiah 50:6 Was insulted, slapped, spit on Mt 26:67; Mr 14:65

Isaiah 53:7 Quiet and uncomplaining before accusers Mt 27:12-14; Ac 8:28, 32-35

Isaiah 53:9 Buried in a rich man’s grave Mt 27:57-60

Isaiah 53:8, 11 Sacrificial death, to open the way for many to a righteous standing with God Ro 4:25

Other Prophecies Fulfilled

A Few of the Many Events Prior to the First Century C.E. That Fulfilled Prophecies of Isaiah

Isaiah 1:26-30; 24:1-6; 39:6, 7 Jerusalem destroyed; exile to Babylon

Isaiah 43:14; Release from exile; Jerusalem restored;

Isaiah 44:26-28 Cyrus an instrument used by Jehovah to accomplish this

Isaiah 23:1, 8, 13, 14 Mainland city of Tyre destroyed by Chaldeans under Nebuchadnezzar

And that is just one prophetic book.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 15:19:26
I predicted that I would write this, as I was writing it. I also predicted yesterday, that the Sun would rise today (which it DID!), and will rise again tomorrow--which it will do as surely as the Sun sets tonight, which I also predict it will do.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 15:35:33
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well how about this lot?

Isaiah 40:3-5 In connection with his coming, announcement was made: “Clear up the way of Jehovah, you people!” Mt 3:1-3; Mr 1:1-4; Lu 3:3-6; Joh 1:23

Isaiah 42:1-4 Made God’s justice clear; did not crush those who were like a bruised reed Mt 12:10-21

Isaiah 53:4, 5 Carried sicknesses of others; because of his wounds others were healed Mt 8:16, 17; 1Pe 2:24

Isaiah 8:14, 15; 28:16 Rejected, stone of stumbling, but became foundation cornerstone 1Pe 2:6-8

Other Instances in Which Events Fulfilling Isaiah’s Prophecies Are Noted, but Where the Writer Makes No Reference to Isaiah

Isaiah 53:8, 11 Sacrificial death, to open the way for many to a righteous standing with God Ro 4:25

A Few of the Many Events Prior to the First Century C.E. That Fulfilled Prophecies of Isaiah

Isaiah 23:1, 8, 13, 14 Mainland city of Tyre destroyed by Chaldeans under Nebuchadnezzar

You still don't get it do you?
Anyone can make a prediction about something that has already happened, write it down, and then say we knew this was going to happen hundreds of years ago.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 15:59:37
I predict by way of this post (the words I now type) that on April 1, 2012 I will drink 2 cups of coffee and eat 1 egg. I almost never eat eggs, but I predict that on April 1, 2012 I shall have eaten 1 egg for breakfast.

Tomorrow I will check in on the post at, which time I might verify that my prediction today for April 1, 2012 is in fact true.

Now just in case you have any doubts about my ability to predict the future... I promise that I was thinking about this at some time before the writing of these sentences, and thus will have predicted the future of the past at some time in the past before the future.

someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:05:16
@chaski Said

I predict by way of this post (the words I now type) that on April 1, 2012 I will drink 2 cups of coffee and eat 1 egg. I almost never eat eggs, but I predict that on April 1, 2012 I shall have eaten 1 egg for breakfast.

Tomorrow I will check in on the post at, which time I might verify that my prediction today for April 1, 2012 is in fact true.

Now just in case you have any doubts about my ability to predict the future... I promise that I was thinking about this at some time before the writing of these sentences, and thus will have predicted the future of the past at some time in the past before the future.

Today is April 2.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:09:20
@someone_else Said

Today is April 2.

I realize that. Perhaps oddly I have a calendar on my computer. It helps me a lot.

That is irrelevant because I have written my prediction before now, looking backward... but really looking forward from the past, because I thought about it sometime in the past, before now.

I assure you that by tomorrow I will have had a 2 cups of coffee and 1 egg on April 1, 2012.

Thus proving my ability to predict the future.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#7New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:13:39
@chaski Said

I realize that. Perhaps oddly I have a calendar on my computer. It helps me a lot.

That is irrelevant because I have written my prediction before now, looking backward... but really looking forward from the past, because I thought about it sometime in the past, before now.

I assure you that by tomorrow I will have had a 2 cups of coffee and 1 egg on April 1, 2012.

Thus proving my ability to predict the future.

I must have read that wrong the first time. I thought you said "today, April 1st" when what you actually said was "today for April 1st."

The only difference with what MCB is talking about and what you're talking about is that the books were written well before anything happened. The people in the books where the prophecies are fulfilled are being read by the people in the books, therefore, they written and well established beforehand.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#8New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:18:57
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well how about this lot?

And would the prophecy be that a physical birth was worth goodness for the future of mankind? Don't answer if you don't want to.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#9New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:20:35
@someone_else Said

the books were written well before anything happened.

Actually that is not completely true.

Some of the things that MCB and others claim that the bible predicted in that OT, actually predate any written account of the bible by hundreds of years. How do we know this? The approximate date of the ancient copies of the bible (most of which are incomplete).

When we get to complete copies... the time difference is even greater.

As to the prophesies of Jesus... Taking the virgin birth as an example: a) typical pagan mythological motif, b) not proven by any stretch of the imagination, c) actually something that was incorporated into christianity at a later day... as in it was not part of the original christian teaching and came (most likely) with the council of Nicea an the Emperor Contantine's initiative to consolidate the teaching of christianity into one canon...

Banned

#10New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:22:30
@futilevoice Said

You still don't get it do you?
Anyone can make a prediction about something that has already happened, write it down, and then say we knew this was going to happen hundreds of years ago.

No, it's you that doesn't get it. The dead sea scrolls prove these prophecies were written before their fulfilment.

What's up? you scared to find out that you actually may be responsible to a higher power?

I can't think of any other reason you would deny the truth of something proven without even bothering to check it out for yourself.

If you were interested in truth you would at least check them out.

Banned

#11New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:24:17
@chaski Said

Some of the things that MCB and others claim that the bible predicted in that OT, actually predate any written account of the bible by hundreds of years. How do we know this? The approximate date of the ancient copies of the bible (most of which are incomplete).

As to the prophesies of Jesus... Taking the virgin birth as an example: a) typical pagan mythological motif, b) not proven by any stretch of the imagination, c) actually something that was incorporated into christianity at a later day... as in it was not part of the original christian teaching and came (most likely) with the council of Nicea an the Emperor Contantine's initiative to consolidate the teaching of christianity into one canon...

You really can't handle the truth can you?

Most, if not all, of these prophecies were in the Dead Sea Scrolls., written long before Christ.

Check it out for yourself if you dare.

Banned

#12New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:29:07
@chaski Said

Sorry, I posted before I had finished.

If the virgin birth was not part of Christian Teaching in the 1st century how come Matthew wrote about it and pointed out the prophecy it fulfilled.

Matthew 1:22,23 All this actually came about for that to be fulfilled which was spoken by Jehovah through his prophet, saying: 23 “Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Im·man?u·el,” which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.”

I don't doubt that Apostates tried to deny it, let's face it they even introduced that completely unscriptural trinity teaching and if they could do that they could do anything.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#13New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:34:11
@chaski Said

I'm not completely sure what you're talking about here. What I'm saying is that the Jews in the story of Jesus were already familiar with the prophecies. They taught from Old Testament scripture. I'll accept that they may not have been aware of all of them, but usually those are not the prophetic ones.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#14New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:35:10
@MadCornishBiker Said

No, it's you that doesn't get it. The dead sea scrolls prove these prophecies were written before their fulfilment.

What's up? you scared to find out that you actually may be responsible to a higher power?

I can't think of any other reason you would deny the truth of something proven without even bothering to check it out for yourself.

If you were interested in truth you would at least check them out.

I've seen the dead sea scrolls and I have read the scriptures you quoted. They are so vague they could apply to anyone.
Secondly, the bible you read was written centuries after the fact.
Thirdly, most of those so-called predictions and stories were recanted earlier babylonian myths.

So who is telling the truth? Me or You?
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#15New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:42:41
@someone_else Said

I'm not completely sure what you're talking about here. What I'm saying is that the Jews in the story of Jesus were already familiar with the prophecies. They taught from Old Testament scripture. I'll accept that they may not have been aware of all of them, but usually those are not the prophetic ones.

An introvert's observation of extrovert discussions. The extroverts knew the truth for the totality of God's just image. The best for the ambition of making up God for the unresolvable.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs