The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

State of mind influencing events in reality or reverse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#46New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 19:13:03
@MadCornishBiker Said

Why would Jesus refer to a story that was pure myth? What would the point of that be? There is no advantage to gain from it.

I would say that the bible is reliable, no matter what anyone says to the contrary. They are misinformed.

Don't you see how ridiculous these statements are and how it makes you appear?
Jesus referring to a story in the bible when that is in the bible?
At least I used other sources of information to prove you wrong. It really doesn't matter to me what you believe. But if you are going to do a debate you should at least do some research.
You cannot cite one place outside of scripture where Jesus said anything.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#47New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 19:29:40
It seems to me that you have not accepted Jesus.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 21:02:59
@futilevoice Said

Don't you see how ridiculous these statements are and how it makes you appear?
Jesus referring to a story in the bible when that is in the bible?
At least I used other sources of information to prove you wrong. It really doesn't matter to me what you believe. But if you are going to do a debate you should at least do some research.
You cannot cite one place outside of scripture where Jesus said anything.

Except that you have proved neither me nor the bible wrong. There is nothing in what you say that contradicts the bible's version's veracity. Even if the Sumerian version was written down first, about which we have no evidence, that still doesn't make it original because the simple fact is that the bible's version comes from the God who created everything, and his son who carried it all out, including passing his father's word down to man.

The complete integrity, and consistence of the bibles stories, as well as the accuracy of it's history and prophecy speak very loudly of the truth of it's author as well as the writers who took his word down for us. Since Jesus was one of those two witnesses, his word is inviolate.

Do you realise how your refusal to accept the truth makes you look? Especially in the eyes of God and Christ.

One day you will know. I just hope it isn't too late for you.

Banned

#49New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 21:04:21
@woodss Said

Not everyone does unfortunately despite the fact that he has had more effect on this world than any one other person in history.

Deleted

, Illinois
#50New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 21:46:38
@MadCornishBiker Said

The complete integrity, and consistence of the bibles stories, as well as the accuracy of it's history and prophecy speak very loudly of the truth of it's author as well as the writers who took his word down for us. Since Jesus was one of those two witnesses, his word is inviolate.

Do you realise how your refusal to accept the truth makes you look? Especially in the eyes of God and Christ.

One day you will know. I just hope it isn't too late for you.

You can choose to believe whatever you wish, but you have yet to Prove in any of your posts that the bible is a reliable source of information or the word of God.
Don't worry about my fate. I have a feeling we are all going to the same place.

Deleted

, Illinois
#51New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 21:55:25
@woodss Said

Jesus was a man who tried to free his people from the grip of Roman rule and who defied the Jewish priests in the process.
His story is a complicated one, one in which there are many versions of what he actually did and who he was.
I suppose you can beleive that he performed miracles, healed the sick, died and was ressurected, but you really have no way of knowing if this is true or not. All you really have is your faith.
I prefer to believe he existed but was a very charismatic leader and somewhat of a rebel. Did he perform miracles? I doubt it. No more so than any other minister can nowadays. They all claim to be special messengers of God but are they really?

#52New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 21:56:41
I would like to see what answer mr. biker would give to that.

He does exist, not a fantasy santa claus for adults.

Banned

#53New Post! Nov 27, 2011 @ 22:50:08
@futilevoice Said

You can choose to believe whatever you wish, but you have yet to Prove in any of your posts that the bible is a reliable source of information or the word of God.
Don't worry about my fate. I have a feeling we are all going to the same place.

No, I haven't, it is simply that you refuse to accept the evidence I have put forward, I have pointed out two very specific prophecies, but of courser they fact that they are so specific and accurate is not, in your eyes proof of anything. Fair enough, however it was for me. I can think of no other source for such incredible accuracy.

That may be true, it a,, depends on how soon Armageddon happens. However tat doesn't stop me being concerned for anyone's fate who is still alive at the moment.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#54New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 01:27:39
If everybody does ever accept and all become Jesus...Jesus is going to be horribly bored.

Deleted

, Illinois
#55New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 02:27:01
@Electric_Banana Said

If everybody does ever accept and all become Jesus...Jesus is going to be horribly bored.

If we all become Jesus, I think we are going to be horribly bored.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#56New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 02:28:26
Sure a state of mind can influence events around us, as we are a part of it. As far as events not around us, it is probably mere perception.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#57New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 15:44:30
@MadCornishBiker Said

Except that you have proved neither me nor the bible wrong.

You do realize that you haven't proven them right either, yes?

Quote:
Fair enough, however it was for me.

Why you personally believe doesn't work as legitimate proof. It's simply why you believe.

#58New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 15:46:51
My goodness will this thread ever die.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#59New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 15:55:51
@woodss Said

My goodness will this thread ever die.

This one is only 4 pages so far; that's nothing. Though this whole section is really starting to feel like one unending thread. It doesn't really seem to matter what the individual titles are anymore.

Banned

#60New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 16:15:01
@chisa96 Said

You do realize that you haven't proven them right either, yes?

In that particular instance it is impossible to do so, though I have proved the bible's reliability in other ways in the past.

There are a number of things that cannot be proved either way in the bible, but those that can actually be proved always ceom down on the side of the bible.

@chisa96 Said

Why you personally believe doesn't work as legitimate proof. It's simply why you believe.

It wasn't intended as proof, just a testimony that I have had it proven sufficiently for me to rely on it. With the bible you either believe it all, as Jesus and the apostles did, or it simply doesn't work. Proving the bible is something we eacvh have to do for ourselves.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs