The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Why Do People Believe Jesus Is Not Who The Bible Says He Is And That God Does Not

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 · >>
xzicva On December 07, 2012

Winter Park, Florida
#1New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:25:49
I Just Want To Know If There Is Anyone Who Has Any Facts That Support That Belief? I'm not talking what they heard. Who has done research and found solid evidence to support their claim? I'm talking complete knowledge of the scriptures not just speculation and guessing. Knowing everything that Jesus said and did that is written and has evidence to support it all as a lie, or misinterpretation. I just want to know because it seems that those with that way of thinking believe in a world of facts. So if you don't believe that God exists, that Jesus is His Son and was an earthly extention of Him, then what do you Believe? And where is your proof to support it. YOUR proof not someone elses. You can read a book with someone saying they did the research but then your just putting your faith in a book and a writer who was their when you weren't and your here sharing that faith with others. Sound familiar? So What research has been do by You Personally to prove the Bible false? And if you have none then why is it hard to believe its true?
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:28:42
I applaud the fact that you are looking for proof, but what proof do you have that it is true?
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#3New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:30:43
I totally belive in our Lord Jesus Christ, and the trinity...

Very good points you make here!
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#4New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:31:46
so basically you are wanting proof that states it was all made up like: hey April fools!! I made the books all up.??
there is no such thing as needing proof to not believe something. It would be like me saying or asking why or how come you don't follow Egyptian mythology as a religion?
Some of us were not brought up as "Christians" but rather in our ancestors beliefs. as far as proof// well I have my speculations and I do trust what history records say. not just this country's but overall. You cannot argue that ultimately religion as we know it today has a dark history. It was used as a means to control people.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#5New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:35:27
All I know is I believe because I was taught as a little girl that there was a God and that Jesus was his son. I've carried those beleifs with me throughout my life and I will continue to do so.

I beleive that people that don't believe in God have the same right as I do , to believe in what they believe to be the truth. Therefore I don't require them to show me proof one way or the other. I respect their right to what they believe in.
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#6New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:35:37
@juansmith Said
so basically you are wanting proof that states it was all made up like: hey April fools!! I made the books all up.??
there is no such thing as needing proof to not believe something. It would be like me saying or asking why or how come you don't follow Egyptian mythology as a religion?
Some of us were not brought up as "Christians" but rather in our ancestors beliefs. as far as proof// well I have my speculations and I do trust what history records say. not just this country's but overall. You cannot argue that ultimately religion as we know it today has a dark history. It was used as a means to control people.

So too, is reality dark.
The Dragon is in....

#7New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:37:07
@wildchild Said
All I know is I believe because I was taught as a little girl that there was a God and that Jesus was his son. I've carried those beleifs with me throughout my life and I will continue to do so.

I beleive that people that don't believe in God have the same right as I do , to believe in what they believe to be the truth. Therefore I don't require them to show me proof one way or the other. I respect their right to what they believe in.

I will be honest and say i did not realise u believed like this kudos for not pushing your belief on anyone and also for this whole statement
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#8New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:39:35
@wildchild Said

I agree; I too was taught these things, however; I also feel these truths in my heart...and my bleliefs are back up even further by things done for me 'after' praying to our Lord Jesus Christ, that could have not been done other than through him ~ for it to happen, 'literally' overnight, was a miracle for me.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:41:49
One question to the OP:

How well do you know the Quran?
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#10New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:43:11
@jonnythan Said
One question to the OP:

How well do you know the Quran?

What place does that have here jon?

Winter Park, Florida
#11New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:46:29
The fact that someone would not put themselvs in harms way for no reason, for no earthly gain, unless they knew for sure that Jesus had risen. It was that miricale that proved to the diciples once and for all who Jesus is. Nothing on earth would then shake them from their ministry, even the threat of crusifiction, being burned alive or any other means of execution the romans were known for, all but 1 of the diciples meet horrible executions for refusing to deny Jesus as the Son of God. How would that many people be willing to pay that price for a lie? They knew no fate met here on earth could compare to the fate of those who denied Him here on earth and had to face Him at their time of judgment. So it goes to human behavior. It speaks volumes. What compeled the diciples to continue after Jesus.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:49:18
@loveis Said
What place does that have here jon?

The entire crux of the OP's argument is basically "if you don't know the Bible backwards and forwards, you are in no position to deny its veracity."

Such an argument is fallacious. It's invalid. To illustrate this fact, I am trying to use the OP's ignorance of Islam to show that the OP has no basis for denying Muhamed.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#13New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:50:14
@xzicva Said
The fact that someone would not put themselvs in harms way for no reason, for no earthly gain, unless they knew for sure that Jesus had risen. It was that miricale that proved to the diciples once and for all who Jesus is. Nothing on earth would then shake them from their ministry, even the threat of crusifiction, being burned alive or any other means of execution the romans were known for, all but 1 of the diciples meet horrible executions for refusing to deny Jesus as the Son of God.

Hey it's cool that you believe in all this but. saying that it is a fact because you feel that in your heart. well that's is just an opinion.
@xzicva Said
How would that many people be willing to pay that price for a lie? They knew no fate met here on earth could compare to the fate of those who denied Him here on earth and had to face Him at their time of judgment. So it goes to human behavior. It speaks volumes. What compeled the diciples to continue after Jesus.

uhm it's called brainwashing.

Winter Park, Florida
#14New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:50:28
@juansmith Said

You should read my blog. https://xcalisis.blogspot.com

I have a question I would love to get your take on.
The Dragon is in....

#15New Post! Jul 30, 2008 @ 17:50:41
@xzicva Said
The fact that someone would not put themselvs in harms way for no reason, for no earthly gain, unless they knew for sure that Jesus had risen. It was that miricale that proved to the diciples once and for all who Jesus is. Nothing on earth would then shake them from their ministry, even the threat of crusifiction, being burned alive or any other means of execution the romans were known for, all but 1 of the diciples meet horrible executions for refusing to deny Jesus as the Son of God. How would that many people be willing to pay that price for a lie? They knew no fate met here on earth could compare to the fate of those who denied Him here on earth and had to face Him at their time of judgment. So it goes to human behavior. It speaks volumes. What compeled the diciples to continue after Jesus.

so you are baseing all of your proof on the bible? that is as bad as asking us to prove otherwise as their is no tangible proof that, the bible wasn't written as a story book, just like there is no proof it is gods word
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs