BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#256New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 11:10:54
Kimmler On February 03, 2011

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#257New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 11:14:24

No fair! Where do you get these cool smileys.
Xander00 On July 26, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#258New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 11:40:59
This post is exactly the kind of subject that makes me laugh until the cows come home.
Typical "enlightend" person pushing his belives of God and Jesus onto others even if they don't want to hear it, I came into the thread as the topic was interesting, however I was decieved. Aquine is no different from the people that wander the street boasting about God and how people should be saved and converted, just in a different format.
I don't mean the above to be rude or offensive so i apologise if its taken that way.

Basically my opinion on relgion, im supposed to be a christian, i was cristened and my family are christian, however when i was young my grandmother used to make me go to church, it didn't interest me whatsoever as i felt i was made to go and not go because it was what i believed in and wanted to know about. Hence i do not like religion forced upon me, infact it can piss me off at times.

Everyone is entitled to their own believes but its when people say to me "your not a good person you dont believe in jesus christ, he died for our sins etc etc" then i feel that is wrong, i am no lesser man then anyone else because i dont believe in God, Allah, Buda and so on.

Has anyone seen the amount of war caused by religion, in my opinion there cannot be a god as he would not allow such terrible things to happen.

Basically when i die and if there is a heaven (or hell) then i will put my hand up and say i was wrong, however until it can be proved then my views are what il stick by and not force them onto others as it just isnt fair.

Plus just a quick thought to leave you with which may be interesting to discuss.. if there are all these different Gods with different opinions on the same thing, how can all of them be right?

Sorry for the rant, cheers guys
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#259New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 13:13:29
@Xander00 Said

This post is exactly the kind of subject that makes me laugh until the cows come home.
Typical "enlightend" person pushing his belives of God and Jesus onto others even if they don't want to hear it, I came into the thread as the topic was interesting, however I was decieved. Aquine is no different from the people that wander the street boasting about God and how people should be saved and converted, just in a different format.
I don't mean the above to be rude or offensive so i apologise if its taken that way.

Basically my opinion on relgion, im supposed to be a christian, i was cristened and my family are christian, however when i was young my grandmother used to make me go to church, it didn't interest me whatsoever as i felt i was made to go and not go because it was what i believed in and wanted to know about. Hence i do not like religion forced upon me, infact it can piss me off at times.

Everyone is entitled to their own believes but its when people say to me "your not a good person you dont believe in jesus christ, he died for our sins etc etc" then i feel that is wrong, i am no lesser man then anyone else because i dont believe in God, Allah, Buda and so on.

Has anyone seen the amount of war caused by religion, in my opinion there cannot be a god as he would not allow such terrible things to happen.

Basically when i die and if there is a heaven (or hell) then i will put my hand up and say i was wrong, however until it can be proved then my views are what il stick by and not force them onto others as it just isnt fair.

Plus just a quick thought to leave you with which may be interesting to discuss.. if there are all these different Gods with different opinions on the same thing, how can all of them be right?

Sorry for the rant, cheers guys

Xander,

No need to apologise for the rant....quite a friendly and peaceful rant, as rants go. As far as your "quick thought" is concerned, the Buddhist texts suggest this....

The Lord speaks with but one voice, but all beings, each according to their kind, gain understanding, each thinking that the Lord speaks their own language. This is a special quality of the Buddha. The Lord speaks with but one voice, but all beings, each according to their own ability, act upon it, and each derives the appropriate benefit. This is a special quality of the Buddha.

(Vimalakirti Sutra)

Just as the nature of the earth is one
While beings each live separately,
And the earth has no thought of oneness or difference,
So is the truth of all Buddhas.

Just as the ocean is one
With millions of different waves,
Yet the water is no different:

Just as the element earth, while one,
Can produce various sprouts,
Yet it's not that the earth is diverse:

(Hua-Yen Sutra)

I bring fullness and satisfaction to the world,
like rain that spreads its moisture everywhere.
Eminent and lowly, superior and inferior,
observers of precepts, violators of precepts,
those fully endowed with proper demeanor,
those not fully endowed,
those of correct views, of erroneous views,
of keen capacity, of dull capacity -
I cause the Dharma rain to rain on all equally,
never lax or neglectful.
When all the various living beings
hear my Law,
they receive it according to their power,
dwelling in their different environments.....
..The Law of the Buddhas
is constantly of a single flavour,
causing the many worlds
to attain full satisfaction everywhere;
by practicing gradually and stage by stage,
all beings can gain the fruits of the way.

(The Lotus Sutra, Parable of the Dharma Rain)

Really, you can laugh until the cows come home at all this if you like, Buda won't mind.

All the best
tariki

P.S. And yes, I have noted the amount of war caused by religion...
Xander00 On July 26, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#260New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:59:38
@tariki Said

Xander,

No need to apologise for the rant....quite a friendly and peaceful rant, as rants go. As far as your "quick thought" is concerned, the Buddhist texts suggest this....

The Lord speaks with but one voice, but all beings, each according to their kind, gain understanding, each thinking that the Lord speaks their own language. This is a special quality of the Buddha. The Lord speaks with but one voice, but all beings, each according to their own ability, act upon it, and each derives the appropriate benefit. This is a special quality of the Buddha.

(Vimalakirti Sutra)

Just as the ocean is one

(Hua-Yen Sutra)

those not fully endowed,
never lax or neglectful.
hear my Law,
..The Law of the Buddhas
causing the many worlds

Really, you can laugh until the cows come home at all this if you like, Buda won't mind.

All the best
tariki

Hi Tariki

That is very interesting as it goes, I dont know a lot about Budha to be honest so technically I cant judge.
thank you for the insight though
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#261New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 16:19:03
@tariki Said

Xander,

(Vimalakirti Sutra)

Just as the ocean is one

(Hua-Yen Sutra)

those not fully endowed,
never lax or neglectful.
hear my Law,
..The Law of the Buddhas
causing the many worlds

All the best
tariki

Thank you, Tariki....I believe this thread's just been smudged!!!!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#262New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 22:09:43
@aquine Said

The Hindu is the lover of false gods. Hinduism is the ultimate idolatry. The Hindu is effeminate. The Hindu is rising. Many have failed to know their enemy.

Know your enemy.

LOL!!! Wow, I have been away far too long. I had forgotten how much fun it is to read your silly ideas!!

Ok, so Hindus are the enemies of Jesus!

I guess that explains all the Hindu "evangelists" populating the street corners of the world, waving the Bagvadhgita and telling people that the world is coming to an end, Krisna is coming back and man is he pissed off!

LOL... Aquine, you really are too much fun!
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#263New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 22:12:42
No No No Chaski, you've got it all wrong!!! The "GODDESS ENERGY RISING" is the TRUE enemy of JC, it just happened to emerge thru Hinduism for a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs