The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Jesus? test for faith. Have you tested your faith?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! May 31, 2010 @ 22:02:34
Jesus? test for faith. Have you tested your faith?

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Many believers that I speak with state that they have faith in God yet no one has yet stepped up as Jesus indicates above to prove their faith sound and justified.

As a Deist, I would not accept my own paradigm before testing it for soundness and I was rewarded for challenging the Godhead to show itself. It was that or I was going to scrap my view of life and begin anew.

Most believers do not tend to test their faith in their relationship with God in any real way. Many claim a personal relationship without ever having a personal encounter with God.

The ancients are said to have tested their faith and been rewarded, by God helping them do miracles. Moses is a good example of this.

If a man does not test his faith and prove it, then it is just an empty claim.

Have you tested your faith or indeed, should you test it the way Jesus asked?

In any scientific endeavor or claim, it must always be proven.

Should those of faith not have to live by this same rule since most who debate them must?

Where I come from, reciprocity is fair play yet believers do not seem to play this way.

Regards
DL
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2010 @ 20:29:37
Then by your (and Jesus' measure), his faith was not strong enough. He fully expected (had faith) that God would assume the throne in the Temple after he cleansed it, but all he got was crucified.

Faith is important, in fact, it is vital. It consists of the positive emotions which motivate us to pursue the path reason indicates. Emotions such as courage, energy, honor, nobility, patience, prudence, judgement, respect, self-reliance, sensibility, stability, grace under pressure, conviction and warmth

Faith is the engine, reason is the operator at the controls.
Without reason we are blind; without faith we are dead in the water.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2010 @ 20:32:54
You cannot empirically test faith like you can with science though, so making that comparison is a bit weak. You cannot test the metaphysical using the physical, it just doesn't work.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Jun 01, 2010 @ 20:37:17
@sister_of_mercy Said

You cannot empirically test faith like you can with science though, so making that comparison is a bit weak. You cannot test the metaphysical using the physical, it just doesn't work.

He believes it does, with blind faith anyway, which is what he's referring to.

Greatestlam2, unfortunate choice of avatar, at least for matching your message.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs