Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#31New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 22:29:54
@crazychica Said
My gran had a plant that looked kinda like Yoda's head. She kept it in the bathroom, it was kinda creepy.

crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 22:36:58
Ok that's it I'm typing some Latin now 00trex. I can't just take what you say in bona fide so I'll just give my current opinion. Nothing I know backs up what you say and you haven't presented any evidence. In prima facie, it all looks good until then. Ergo, I must assume you have no evidence to support your theories. From now on, if you continue to put forward theories without evidence, I will take it in mala fide.
lea_doll On October 22, 2010

Bras?lia, Brazil
#33New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 13:59:03
What difference does it make why someone believes in something. You all make choices everday to believe something or not and sometimes you have no reason. It's called faith.
Christians believe in the Bible because they have faith its true. Where this faith takes them in the end is their business. In the end, its good to believe in something. It creates purpose.

Bras?lia, Brazil
#34New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 14:01:22
@lea_doll Said
What difference does it make why someone believes in something. You all make choices everday to believe something or not and sometimes you have no reason to base your decision. It's called faith.
Christians believe in the Bible because they have faith its true. Where this faith takes them is their business. In the end, its good to believe in something. It creates purpose.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#35New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 14:03:52
@lea_doll Said
What difference does it make why someone believes in something. You all make choices everday to believe something or not and sometimes you have no reason. It's called faith.
Christians believe in the Bible because they have faith its true. Where this faith takes them in the end is their business. In the end, its good to believe in something. It creates purpose.

Its when the belief starts dictatingthe way non religious people live is the issue.

Bras?lia, Brazil
#36New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 14:15:23
@markfox01 Said
Its when the belief starts dictatingthe way non religious people live is the issue.

Well, I consider myself a Christian. And I have to say that your point is one thing that does really bug me about religious people. IMO everyone has the right to choose for themselves. That was Gods first gift to humanity... free will. I have nothing against non-believers and the choices they make. It's their life. It's not for me to judge. I only judge for myself.

But its not the belief thats dictating your life. God only holds the individual accountable. Some christians misinturrepret and believe that its their responsibility to hold everyone accountable to God. But they are wrong. If you are going to judge the Christian, judge the Christian and not the Faith.
00trex On January 11, 2008

Mission,
#37New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 16:17:04
Crazychica:
I don't claim to be a scholar or archaeologist. I am not going to waste my time looking up this material. You have already made up your mind. You have judged this matter without giving the other side a fair hearing. Do you read BAR? (Biblical Archaelogy Review). You can present mountains of evidence/proofs on any given topic and some will never be convinced. If you do a search on the Internet, you can find this info.
As someone else wrote, you do have to take some things on faith. I do that. The proof is the pudding (as we "yanks" say). If you strive to live by the teachings of Christ and the Bible, your life will be more peaceful and rewarding. I can say that from experience. I was a juvenile deliquent in my younger days and headed to prison. Giving my life to God and Christ turned my life around. Yes, there are many phonies out there and non-christians/and or atheists get turned off by poor behavior.
Have you actually read the Bible? I mean COVER to COVER? I don't mean a few verses in the OT and NT. If you have not, don't judge it till you have tried it.

00trex
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#38New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 16:21:26
@00trex Said
Crazychica:
I don't claim to be a scholar or archaeologist. I am not going to waste my time looking up this material. You have already made up your mind. You have judged this matter without giving the other side a fair hearing. Do you read BAR? (Biblical Archaelogy Review). You can present mountains of evidence/proofs on any given topic and some will never be convinced. If you do a search on the Internet, you can find this info.
As someone else wrote, you do have to take some things on faith. I do that. The proof is the pudding (as we "yanks" say). If you strive to live by the teachings of Christ and the Bible, your life will be more peaceful and rewarding. I can say that from experience. I was a juvenile deliquent in my younger days and headed to prison. Giving my life to God and Christ turned my life around. Yes, there are many phonies out there and non-christians/and or atheists get turned off by poor behavior.
Have you actually read the Bible? I mean COVER to COVER? I don't mean a few verses in the OT and NT. If you have not, don't judge it till you have tried it.

00trex

Spliting hairs here but...

"The proof is in the pudding'' is actually a shortened version of a very old proverb, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating.'' It means that the real worth or success or effectiveness of something can only be determined by putting it to the test, appearances and promises aside - just as the best test of a pudding is to eat it.

There are sources that say the maxim goes back in English to the 14th century.

Sorry... carry on..
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 20:15:16
@00trex Said
Crazychica:

00trex

I don't read BAR, I tend to stick to just general archaeology, stay in contact with an archaeologist I know and buy books when I have the money. I used to be quite the devout little Christian. I used to pray every night and I absolutely insisted on having a Bible in the house so yes, I have read more than a few passages. When I got to about 14, I felt like there was no-one listening and began to doubt. Then, as I got deeper into my many scientific hobbies, I noticed cntradictions. My doubts got worse. My best friend was also having doubts, so we had a talk. By the end of it, we came to a conclusion: there is no God. We've both felt much happier since then. She's agnostic and I'm athiest.
frank_trebor On January 19, 2008

Banned

Mexico, Mexico
#41New Post! Jan 01, 2008 @ 08:37:30
@crazychica Said
When I got to about 14, I felt like there was no-one listening and began to doubt. Then, as I got deeper into my many scientific hobbies, I noticed cntradictions. My doubts got worse.

Wow, 14 and having doubts! I would say that these doubts were brought on because of your school curriculum was teaching "evolution" based subjects - am I right?
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Jan 01, 2008 @ 16:12:51
@frank_trebor Said
Wow, 14 and having doubts! I would say that these doubts were brought on because of your school curriculum was teaching "evolution" based subjects - am I right?

No , we hadn't got to evolution yet. I've been dabbling in science my whole life, especially astronomy, palaeontology and archaeology. Stuff with PROOF contradicted the Bible and God just didn't make sense to me anymore.
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 01:46:51
@frank_trebor Said
So all the texts so far have been written by CREATIONISTS? I doubt it!

All those astronomy, palaeontology and archaeology books you have been learning from are evolutionary focused books, ans yes they contradict the Bible because the money behind them all comes from evolutionists, and these authors would never get their works published if they were to write the truth

You can put any theory at all in a peer reviewed journal as long as you provide evidence and enough information to make your experiment and observation re-creatable. Your ideas of a conspiracy of scientists is incredibly silly if you know anything of science.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs