The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Faith without works and proof is false faith.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#61New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 17:35:29
@woodss Said

You ppl have it all wrong, Faith is freely given by request from the father himself.

We all need to give ourselves to Christ and surrender it all and ask for forgiveness and have a relationship though prayer and reading his word with him your faith will strenghen.

Forgiveness for what? Being exactly what his plan says we are to be?
Get off your knees and be a man.

Jesus says to follow in his battle. Not kneel and surender.

As to the father requesting faith and being the instigator, who are we to question those whom God has chosen to ignore out of hate.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

As with Eusau, God hates those he does not correct.

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 20:37:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

Then what of the good man with deeds who does not know your God?

Regards
DL

Wellm if they die before Armageedon they wil get a resurredtion along with everyone else, and will find it easier to take to the New System than most. If they live to Armageddon they are likely to survive.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 20:46:46
@GreatestIam2 Said

You mean authors.
There where many, and scholarship is showing that most of the N T is made up of forgeries and that any that read the Bible literally are foolish. Not really news because the fact that the Bible begins with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed monster has told us that forever.

Regards
DL

No, if I had meant authors I would have said authors. There is only one Author, but many "secretaries" who wrote down as they were directed by Holy Spirit.

The bible, from Genesis to Revelation, if you study it properly and use sufficienmt different translatuions to work out what has been added or left out, is far too consistent to be the work of more than one, mind, and a very inmpressive one at that.

One of the ways of knowing that you are getting something wrong is that the bible cannot contradict itself so if something appears to you are reading it wrong.

In fact the exact opposite is true. Yes many have tried to prove that they are forgeries, but but the trouble with trying to prove that, is that since the vast majority of the NT is made up of quotations from, or references to the OT that would be very hard to prove.

It's a bit like those who tried to porve that becauise it was so accurate much of Daniel must have been written after the event, the problem there being that since so much of it is still being fulfilled at the moment that would be qa very neat trick to pull. Apart from which Jesus and the Apostles quoted from Daniel a lot so it was obviously written then anyway.

As for being foolish, well Jesus did say that these things would be revealed to the foolish of this world so maybe you are right, I can't really say I care how any man considers me. I don't want to be clever, nor do I try to prove myself clever, that really would be foolish. No, I simply speak as I find.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs