Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 · >>
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#121New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:19:35
@treebee Said

If you have underlying depression and/ or paranoia it "can" exacerbate these conditions.

"The regular use of cannabis is known to be associated with an increase in the risk of later developing psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia. If the recent increase in availability of stronger forms of cannabis does lead to an increase in total use by some people, this might also lead to an increase in their future risk of developing mental health problems. Nobody knows the answer to this question yet..."

https://www.talktofrank.com/drugs.aspx?id=172

There are studies which say this is wrong but overall the research carried out is negative towards mental illness. However some people say that the research done by the Government would say this because it is an illegal substance.

Personally i have known people be perfectly fine on it apart from them developing a psychological addiction, damage to the lungs and i have known people get quite paranoid on it.

I cant smoke the stuff any more because i get the fear and what is the point in smoking something that makes me terrified.

Yeah but it doesn't make somebody go "cookoo" and whatever psychological effects it has are temporary. The paranoia and lethargy it causes are what turned me off to smoking it regularly.
CORN1SH On January 05, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#122New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:22:35
@tardcore Said

Yeah but it doesn't make somebody go "cookoo" and whatever psychological effects it has are temporary. The paranoia and lethargy it causes are what turned me off to smoking it regularly.

it does it some people. they make that quite clear.
captain_planet On May 02, 2010

in someones ring, Puerto Rico
#123New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:23:46
@treebee Said

If you have underlying depression and/ or paranoia it "can" exacerbate these conditions.

"The regular use of cannabis is known to be associated with an increase in the risk of later developing psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia. If the recent increase in availability of stronger forms of cannabis does lead to an increase in total use by some people, this might also lead to an increase in their future risk of developing mental health problems. Nobody knows the answer to this question yet..."

https://www.talktofrank.com/drugs.aspx?id=172

There are studies which say this is wrong but overall the research carried out is negative towards mental illness. However some people say that the research done by the Government would say this because it is an illegal substance.

Personally i have known people be perfectly fine on it apart from them developing a psychological addiction, damage to the lungs and i have known people get quite paranoid on it.

I cant smoke the stuff any more because i get the fear and what is the point in smoking something that makes me terrified.

That is interesting and I think certainly grounds for a person deciding not to use it personally.
In much the same way as a person might choose not to smoke cigaretes for fear of developing cancer. We all know the dangers of smoking and yet most would view an actual law that bans smoking to be a huge infringement of their rights.

I see it as the same for other drugs.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#124New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:24:16
@tardcore Said

Its very vague. Studies are very vague. Its impossible to say for sure which was the point of my post.

How can anyone know if they have underlying schizophrenia or depression in the first place if they have not suffered the symptoms or been diagnosed?

Troops was merely stating what we are told by our government.
As i said some people will say that this is what our government will say because its illegal.

I do know a few people f***ed up from drugs, but they havent only done cannabis so again... there is no evidence there.

It cannot be entirely written off that cannabis can cause mental problems nor that it doesnt.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#125New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:26:59
@treebee Said

Its very vague. Studies are very vague. Its impossible to say for sure which was the point of my post.

How can anyone know if they have underlying schizophrenia or depression in the first place if they have not suffered the symptoms or been diagnosed?

Troops was merely stating what we are told by our government.
As i said some people will say that this is what our government will say because its illegal.

I do know a few people f***ed up from drugs, but they havent only done cannabis so again... there is no evidence there.

It cannot be entirely written off that cannabis can cause mental problems nor that it doesnt.

It DOES have dangerous effects. One of my best mates is now in a box six feet under thanks solely to smoking weed.

The government cant give the green light to a potentially lethal drug.

#126New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:28:51
@Corn1sh Said

It DOES have dangerous effects. One of my best mates is now in a box six feet under thanks solely to smoking weed.

What exactly happened to your mate that he died from smoking weed?
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#127New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:29:52
@Corn1sh Said

Every drug is potentially lethal.
magnifiSHIT On September 14, 2009

Deleted

Slaughter Avenue,
#128New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:30:12
@Corn1sh Said

Hundreds die from car crashes, i guess we should also ban a potentially lethal piece of machinery...

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#129New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:30:25
@captain_planet Said

What exactly happened to your mate that he died from smoking weed?

He committed suicide.

now your gonna tell me he would have even if he didn't smoke it, right?

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#130New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:30:50
@tardcore Said

Every drug is potentially lethal.

and?
magnifiSHIT On September 14, 2009

Deleted

Slaughter Avenue,
#131New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:31:39
@Corn1sh Said

He committed suicide.

You do realize marijuana is an intimate object and cant harm anyone unless they use it to do something.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#132New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:31:42
@Corn1sh Said

He committed suicide.

Probably.

#133New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:32:03
@Corn1sh Said

He committed suicide.

Perhaps not,
I would say however that alcohol is a critical element in MOST suicides.
A horrible fact.

By your logic we should ban alcohol right now.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#134New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:33:08
@Corn1sh Said

and?

So the next time you have surgery you should probably refuse anesthesia.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#135New Post! Aug 31, 2009 @ 09:33:19
I haven't read this thread but I'll give my opinion anyway. Previously I have vehemently argued in favour of legalisation of cannabis, but my opinion on the matter has actually changed, I don't think it should be legalised.

I think the status at the moment is quite good, the idea of having a small amount on your person being enough to have it confiscated, but not arrested etc, but dealing still being illegal. Perhaps there is an argument for legalising it for personal consumption.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs