Not legalizing pot makes no sense!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...10 11 12 · >>
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#16New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 06:28:14
@Rasputin Said

Despite billions spent by the enforcement industry,people still smoke weed. The only possible reason for it to be illegal is that a lot of people have vested interests. Police are worried about their budgets being cut and private prisons would be only occupied by actual criminals. It is so hypocritical for a society awash in gambling and booze to persecute folks for indulging in a mild vice. If it were taxed and regulated like booze,society would only benefit.

The punishments legally for buying growing and selling marijuana differ from country to country & I'm not a fan of weed myself, but as crimes go, it's minor stuff to me.

I'd be far happier to see police spend their time checking that sex offenders don't have girls trapped in their back yard than have them chasing after people growing dope. Cops only have so much time & man power & given that smoking it is not illegal in many countries it seems odd that supply is illegal too.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#17New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 06:35:28
@buffalobill90 Said

It should be legalised, but not handed over to business. It's a highly addictive drug, and usage should be phased out like tobacco. The government should distribute it to addicts for free. It would save a lot of money.

Free pot? I like the way you think.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 08:24:38
@Coleosis Said

Free pot? I like the way you think.

I meant in the interest of reducing its usage.
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#19New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 08:27:02
@buffalobill90 Said

I meant in the interest of reducing its usage.

I can already tell you...If I got free pot...I would always be high. I wouldnt be the only one either...I think the only thing that limits usage now is the fact people are broke.
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 08:28:52
If combined with recovery courses, distribution would be far more effective at reducing usage than the current tactic of harsh punitive justice.
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#21New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 08:42:42
Legalizing it is a bad idea, imo.

For once, im with the gov on an issue.

They had to draw a line somewhere, and while i personally think alcohol should be behind that line also for its damaging effects and high addiction rate, i see why they stopped at pot.

The obvious factors of taxes and packaging costs, sky rocketing the price of it, as well as the fact you would still not be allowed to grow it, you would need licencing similar to tobacco restrictions and theres another price tag!

Leave it as it is.
In SA its been decriminalized, so its no longer a jailable offence to grow or possess pot, that works for us, and the gov get to impose on the spot fines when they catch us with it, so they get revenue and everyones happy (or high)
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#22New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 08:47:53
Really interesting that there hasn't so far been a contrary post. 8)
I wonder WHY NOT?

Any anti-smoko people out there? At all?

P.S.
Addiction:- Total and utter bulls***, the only cases "written up" are classed as "Psychological addiction", in other words, they LOVE IT!

People love dogs, boats, climbing mountains, jumping out of planes at 3000ft, strewth, some people even love MUSIC!
All psychological "addictions", but no cries to ban them!

There were studies done in the 80's, by reputable Australian Uni's, and they clearly demonstrated that drivers who had "smoked" were, across the board, slower, more cautious drivers, careful and focused.
The "Powers that be" were horrified, and slapped it down, expunged the records, and proceeded to make driving "under the influence" a crime!
Now, I wonder why they did that?

Rats!, there goes my no contrary posts, lol, I was too long typing, wish I was faster!
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 09:00:15
Free weed for everyone!
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#24New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 09:07:16
@buffalobill90 Said

If combined with recovery courses, distribution would be far more effective at reducing usage than the current tactic of harsh punitive justice.

Most people get caught when not at home...If you keep it in your home and dont have pounds (kilos for you non Americans ) Then you shouldnt be getting arrested for it. All legalizing would do is make it harder to enforce driving under the influence of it.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#25New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 09:09:33
I don't smoke it but if I decided to drive across town to get a joint from a friend, I guarantee you I'd get pulled over on the way home. That's one of the reasons I stay away from it. I can't afford to be arrested. Already have been twice for alcohol related offenses.
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 09:11:02
while I honestly don't care who smokes pot and who doesn't, I don't buy into this.. "were all doing it so therefore it should be legalised". If we formed laws on that basis where would it end.