Smoking Pot as a Parent

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17
tragichazel On March 27, 2008

Albany, Louisiana
#241New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 21:32:00
@chisa96 Said
paranoia is based on the person smoking neways... ive never been... i know a lot of others who havent...

I became a paranoid skitzo on pot...thats a huge reason i quit too. Not a real skitzo, but it did feel like i was losing my f'n mind.
amyxlove On March 17, 2009

, Canada
#242New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 22:27:16
Really though as a parent its whatever you feel is right.There are very good parents out there and very bad ones.I am not having children because it scares the hell out of me to be responsible for raising one.I don't think id make the perfect choices, but really who does?
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#243New Post! Mar 26, 2008 @ 14:40:57
There are major differences between people who casually smoke pot and people who smoke so much they can't remember half of their life. There's normally nothing wrong with it. And there's never been any deaths related to smoking marijuana. And before anyone posts some story of some person who died due to his friend killing him over marijuana, that's not what I mean. As someone who's done it on more than one occasion, there's nothing wrong with it.
bettyboo On November 19, 2010

, Australia
#244New Post! Mar 28, 2008 @ 16:45:15
@chisa96 Said
i think the major problem with pot is that everyone (who doesnt smoke themselves) sees a pot smoker as a burnout with no ambition who never does anything... which granted, is a lot of the pot smokers... in high i actually smoked with some kids and their parents... thats sick, no doubt there... but really, there are smokers out there who can live without abusing it... whats wrong with that...

i agree totally i have three beautiful teenage dauhters who are useful members of society i run my own sucesfull business and befor that nursed in aged care for 18 years and i have had a joint just about every evening for the last 23 years only ever have one can't see any difference to someone having a beer or glass of wine my children know don't think any less of me and none of them use it
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#245New Post! Apr 02, 2008 @ 05:33:30
The only thing you as a parent need to think about and decide about your pot smoking is this,, When (not if ) your kid comes to you and asks about drugs. Will you hide your pot smoking and give him the 'its bad and ill legal and only bad people do drugs story' and just hope he never busts you in the lie, or will you come clean and admit to him your pot smoking habit? See kids are alot smarter than some people give them credit for and you need to be truthful to your kid about your dicisions and habits because when a kid snaps his parent lies to him it really f**ks up his world, can you look him in the eye when he comes to you with questions and be 100% truthful ? If not then you already know the answer to this question you ask here.
angel_lamae07 On December 30, 2008

Cabanatuan City, Philippines
#246New Post! Apr 02, 2008 @ 05:43:52
It's fine smoking but pots? No, i don't think that's good for your health and of coarse not a good example to your son.. You know the side effects of it ryt? so can you ever stand seeing your son doing what you do? and suffering the effects later????
Being a responsible parents doesn't mean you need to be perfect but just to make sure that we are a good example to our children so we can teach them good deeds that we are not guilty of and always making sure they are always safe.
jaefoxy On April 06, 2008

Made in the, United States (ge
#247New Post! Apr 03, 2008 @ 06:59:46
Ok you guys are acting like shes smoking crack or something . I think it's fine. Just like you said, it is the same thing as drinking some beer. The only time weed really looks bad is when you see those commercials. Remember the "Hey chica! What picture? Oh my God, that must have been saturday night, I was so high" (for those of you who havent seen it it's a little high school girl on her cell phone with her friend talking about she was so high she doesnt remember taking dirty pictures). I've smoked before, and I dont know about you but there has never been a time when I dont remember what happened, much less, be so high that i lose control and strip. Anyway, thats not the point. If you look, you could probably find some marijuana related accidents, or a couple deaths (chances are they were some sort of freak accident, not from an overdose), but what happens when you search for alcohol related accidents/deaths? Theres a never-ending list. Also, why do you think there are so many debates about legalizing it, and why is it that some states are actually allowing it? You dont really hear about people trying to legalize heroine, or cocaine, and for good reason. Weed is a big debate because it's really not that bad of a drug. It's just about control and knowing your limits. Nobody can call you a bad parent for getting drunk on your night off, and there are so many worse things that could happen in that situation than if you smoked a couple bowls in the safety of your basement. And it's not like your child is going to turn into a basket case because he found out Mommy smoked a joint. I think that you even coming on here and asking for advice shows that you care. Your not abusing anyone, your not pawning tonka toys for a hit, and your not out baking in the shed while little Timmy wanders into traffic so I think your ok girl. You seem like you have your head on straight, but just be ready to explain yourself, and be very careful. As harmless as I think smoking weed is, the police dont feel the same! Lol
jaefoxy On April 06, 2008

Made in the, United States (ge
#248New Post! Apr 03, 2008 @ 07:17:59
And for the record:

Drug Facts And Statistics

From The Drug Project.

Deaths in the United States in a typical year are as follows:

* Tobacco kills about 400,000
* Alcohol kills about 80,000
* Workplace accidents kill 60,000
* Automobiles kill 40,000
* Cocaine kills about 2,500
* Heroin kills about 2,000
* Aspirin kills about 2,000
* Marijuana kills 0

There has never been a recorded death due to marijuana at any time in US history.

(courtesy of https://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/gen008.htm)

An analysis of research studies with long-term, recreational users of marijuana has failed to reveal a substantial, systematic effect on the neurocognitive functioning of users. According to researchers at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine, the only deleterious side effect found was a minimal malfunction in the domains of learning and forgetting.

(courtesy of https://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/a/blucsd030628.htm)

drugwarfacts.org
WebMD.com
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs