Heaven and Hell

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#31New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 00:05:57
@galasTAray Said

Interesting that you see it that way. Your theory sounds a little bit like E's. He was talking about morality being an intended result for the protection of the herd. If I understood you clearly, you're talking about the ability and willingness of specific individuals to be more open-minded and inquisitive than the rest. And on that basis, morality builds around itself.

Hmm...it's more like you're house gets raided and wife/family murdered.

You can either say "Well that's just life - now I'll have to conquer someone else's household for shelter causing them the same pain and misery."

Or

You can ask (with serious desire to find answers to help) what led to people being so desperate.

Most people ass-f***ing others is out of anger and resentment for getting f***ed themselves.

I think where it most dawns (on at least males) are remembering those girls they really wanted to get to know who wouldn't have anything to do with them and the ones they do hook up with usually run out on them at some stage or use them.

After what I've experienced on Earth and considering if I were a chic? I wouldn't have anything to do with anyone.

, New Zealand
#32New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 00:18:36
@Electric_Banana Said

I asked that to myself many years ago.

What I realized is that there was no way to avoid this course. No way whatsoever.

Even going to shrinks to try and drag me back to Ground Zero reality didn't work...or else didn't work for very long. I was only chased harder.

Some are just predestined to be thinkers.

What I believe sets them on that path is they show slight signs of caring enough about why others around them seem to be hurt and broken that they dare to ask.

A child's discarded corpse on the side of the road may be 'That's just life' too many.

To some of us, it's not a life we care to settle for and we go on pursuit to find the catalyst.

And..yeah...it's all brain science and Jesus from that point on.

I see it like this:

You hurt someone to acquire excess resources than what is necessary. That is not natural = Mental Illness.

You hurt someone in order to provide for yourself because you are homeless starving and granted no other options THAT's natural survival.

But in order for you to find yourself facing natural survival is because those operating society are greedy and selfish as result of (once again) mental illness.

Mental illness brought on by those broken themselves to the point of corruption.

Sadly, most people are so afraid of death they would rather continue on in a miserable life that very few could ever give a s*** enough about to try and fix.

, New Zealand
#33New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 00:45:00
@galasTAray Said

Or perhaps man is intelligent enough to question and doubt but not intelligent or brave enough to live in ignorance.

Here's another thing to consider:

The "It's all ok, they're all pretending!" route brings up the problem of Deception.

Even if 'innocent' Deception for funnies - It still raises a red flag.

And in the worst instance: The "It's all ok, they're all pretending!" could be more ploy to encourage continuing to ignore those who may really need our help.

Does God provide? Seems that way. But how does it do so if it has no hands?

Even considering the idea of Christs/Surrogates - While down in it, themselves, wouldn't the same hurdles apply for them?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#34New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 00:45:01
............. .............

EB: You hurt someone to acquire excess resources than what is necessary. That is not natural = Mental Illness.

E: Seems to be the norm. Maybe all of the sane have been institutionalized.

EB: You hurt someone in order to provide for yourself because you are homeless starving and granted no other options THAT's natural survival.

E: self preservation seems to be innate.

EB: But in order for you to find yourself facing natural survival is because those operating society are greedy and selfish as result of (once again) mental illness.

E: that seems to be the case

EB: Mental illness brought on by those broken themselves to the point of corruption.

E: As I understand it power corrupts.

EB: Sadly, most people are so afraid of death they would rather continue on in a miserable life that very few could ever give a s*** enough about to try and fix.

E: Indeed
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#35New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 00:49:57
@Electric_Banana Said

Here's another thing to consider:

The "It's all ok, they're all pretending!" route brings up the problem of Deception.

Even if 'innocent' Deception for funnies - It still raises a red flag.

And in the worst instance: The "It's all ok, they're all pretending!" could be more ploy to encourage continuing to ignore those who may really need our help.

Does God provide? Seems that way. But how does it do so if it has no hands?

Even considering the idea of Christs/Surrogates - While down in it, themselves, wouldn't the same hurdles apply for them?

We are all pretending

, New Zealand
#36New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 01:00:54
@Erimitus Said

Some people in a society only adhere to social standards when it is to their own advantage.

Those driven to criminal insanity

@Erimitus Said

A vengeful, omnipotent, omniscient deity was invented to impose morality.

Early psychiatry

, New Zealand
#37New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 01:12:22
@Erimitus Said

We are all pretending

At the end of the day - If I hear a woman screaming "Rape" somewhere nearby I'm not going to question whether or not she's acting or ignore her on the account of not having the Confidence to overcome Bad Mondays to learn how to 'manifest a better reality' for herself.

And I know most will argue my above statement to be very toxic and utterly lacking faith.

, New Zealand
#38New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 01:56:24
@Erimitus Said

We are all pretending

@Electric_Banana Said

At the end of the day - If I hear a woman screaming "Rape" somewhere nearby I'm not going to question whether or not she's acting or ignore her on the account of not having the Confidence to overcome Bad Mondays to learn how to 'manifest a better reality' for herself.

And I know most will argue my above statement to be very toxic and utterly lacking faith.

By the way, not a snarky on you personally - it just seems that extremes often blind.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 07:49:43
@Erimitus Said

A vengeful, omnipotent, omniscient deity was invented to impose morality.

Seriously, I think perhaps that some of the Biblical stories originated because some nomadic tribes wanted to feel powerful and special when they were not.

Then it all follows......

galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#40New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 08:40:07

How's that for heaven and hell?
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#41New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 10:07:44
@Erimitus Said

Thesis: At one time heaven and hell were pragmatic...

At the end of the last Ice age prehistoric hunter gatherers who had lived in small tribal units formed agrarian communities. In order for the group of tribal units to function efficiently it was necessary to having standards of conduct (i.e. a moral code).

For a moral code to work it has to be enforced. The leaders of the communities told the people that the gods expected them to adhere to the societies moral standards and if the people did not obey the commands of the gods they would be condemned to eternal suffering; but if they obeyed the rules (i.e. do as they were told) the would spend eternity in bliss.

Even the utter pragmatism of Benjamin Franklin supported the works of Johnathan Edwards and George Whitefield. But it was also Franklin's pragmatism which kept him from entering into the very thing he approved.

So, no pragmatism isn't the currency.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 10:22:26
@GreenAppleKing Said

Even the utter pragmatism of Benjamin Franklin supported the works of Johnathan Edwards and George Whitefield. But it was also Franklin's pragmatism which kept him from entering into the very thing he approved.

So, no pragmatism isn't the currency.

Still on the stepping out of the dialectic nonsense I see.

, New Zealand
#43New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 10:28:58
@galasTAray Said

Yeah, someone's gonna trip over that.

Go look in my journals - I've recorded a experience I've had while sleeping.

It did appear that I had taken brief possession of someone in a coma.
The kiss I was got was strongly passionate. Coulda woken up to a really loving woman, in a stolen body, or woke up as a woman with big tits.

Even if I were a body snatcher the latter was still too terrifying a risk.

I think that meme is most likely influenced by the possible theory of accidentally remote viewing from others in the same contiguous states that we currently are while sleeping, meditating, stoned....

, New Zealand
#44New Post! Aug 27, 2014 @ 10:40:23
@galasTAray Said

Just thought I would share - relating that to myself it could synchronize with my past.

But the coma theory isn't the one I find unsettling.

More so the "It's a Small World After All." idea it suggests.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#45New Post! Sep 19, 2014 @ 04:22:07
Here's some truth about Heaven:

Many of those who lie dead in the ground will rise from death.
Some of them will be given eternal life, and others will
receive nothing but eternal shame and disgrace. Everyone
who has been wise will shine as bright as the sky above,
and everyone who has led others to please God will shine
forever like the stars.
(Daniel 12:2-3)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs