AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 · >>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#106New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:30:30
@townie_guy Said

I went the first time. The second time I let it bleed out then just put ice on it. If zimmerman had broken his nose before he may have realised that there isnt a lot they can do.

All ER do with a broken nose is wait a few weeks for the sweeling to go. Then if its out of shape and you dont like it, they rebreak it and set it back in place.

Yeah, like I said, that's just the nose. I'm looking at the whole picture: You've just had an altercation with someone where you shot them. I see that he says he didn't find out until about an hour after he was booked that Trayvon died. Still, I would want to cover my butt and have those medical records on hand to prove that I had been assaulted (and to what extent) and that I had been assaulted that night .

Then again, I watch too much TV.

And yet again, Zimmerman knew the criminal justice system. He should have had the capacity to think that through as well. It just doesn't sit right with me.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#107New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:32:06
Second degree murder in the state of Florida is either when 1. a person commits murder with a depraved mind or 2. accomplish felony murder.

E: I see. I tried to Google it but without success. In general Second degree murder seems to be non-premeditated but it also seems to be different in every state.

E: All murder, to me, seems depraved and all murder, as I understand it, is a felony. The terms must mean something specific that the lawyers understand.

----

In this case, the special prosecution feels as though they have enough evidence to prove this was a murder committed with a depraved mind.

E: Maybe the prosecution charged Zimmerman with murder in the hope that he will plea bargain down to a lesser crime.

----

This means they feel evidence will show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mr. Zimmerman did plan the murder of Mr. Martin but killed him in a way that was imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life.

E: There may be some evidence that has not been made public. If there is a trial it may all depend on whether the jury believes Zimmerman’s version or the girlfriend’s version.

----

Under Stand Your Ground law, you have a right not to retreat but to stand your ground and use deadly force. However, if you are the aggressor in the situation, you can't then use deadly force and claim Stand Your Ground.

E: You know a lot more about it than I do. If I understand you correctly if I attack a person that person can defend themselves with deadly force but if they defend themselves with deadly force I cannot use deadly force to defend myself. Very complex if you ask me. Glad I will not be on the jury. When I first heard about the case a few weeks ago my reaction was that it was another case of overuse of the race card and I would, if on the jury, have to vote acquittal due to reasonable doubt. Now that I have read a little about the case there are unexplained inconsistencies. (e.g. girlfriend story vs. Zimmerman story) It keeps getting curiouser and curiouser as the saga continues.

----

This is what the prosecution is alleging. That Mr. Zimmerman was the aggressor that evening. This is not Stand Your Ground if those allegations can be proven.

E: Key word here is ‘IF’.

E: Meanwhile Trayvon is in a box somewhere peacefully decomposing.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#108New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:34:46
@someone_else Said

Yeah, like I said, that's just the nose. I'm looking at the whole picture: You've just had an altercation with someone where you shot them. I see that he says he didn't find out until about an hour after he was booked that Trayvon died. Still, I would want to cover my butt and have those medical records on hand to prove that I had been assaulted (and to what extent) and that I had been assaulted that night .

Then again, I watch too much TV.

And yet again, Zimmerman knew the criminal justice system. He should have had the capacity to think that through as well. It just doesn't sit right with me.

It might have been the fact that he just shot someone, that he was in shock over it so medical attention was the last thing on his mind. He would of probably had adrenaline pumping so his thoughts would of been messed up. WHich is also why he used the gun. If you are being beaten, adrenaline takes over and logic goes to the back of the mind.

Its only afterwards like now, we can look at stuff logically.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#109New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:39:49
@townie_guy Said

It might have been the fact that he just shot someone, that he was in shock over it so medical attention was the last thing on his mind. He would of probably had adrenaline pumping so his thoughts would of been messed up. WHich is also why he used the gun. If you are being beaten, adrenaline takes over and logic goes to the back of the mind.

Its only afterwards like now, we can look at stuff logically.

Oh yes, I edited out the part where I said I'm probably thinking about it more rationally as I am using hindsight. I've said quite a few times that Zimmerman made some pretty bad choices that night. I stand by that statement, whether all the blame should go on him or not...bad decisions.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#110New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:40:12
@Erimitus Said

Second degree murder in the state of Florida is either when 1. a person commits murder with a depraved mind or 2. accomplish felony murder.

E: I see. I tried to Google it but without success. In general Second degree murder seems to be non-premeditated but it also seems to be different in every state.

E: All murder, to me, seems depraved and all murder, as I understand it, is a felony. The terms must mean something specific that the lawyers understand.

----

In this case, the special prosecution feels as though they have enough evidence to prove this was a murder committed with a depraved mind.

E: Maybe the prosecution charged Zimmerman with murder in the hope that he will plea bargain down to a lesser crime.

----

This means they feel evidence will show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mr. Zimmerman did plan the murder of Mr. Martin but killed him in a way that was imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life.

E: There may be some evidence that has not been made public. If there is a trial it may all depend on whether the jury believes Zimmerman’s version or the girlfriend’s version.

----

Under Stand Your Ground law, you have a right not to retreat but to stand your ground and use deadly force. However, if you are the aggressor in the situation, you can't then use deadly force and claim Stand Your Ground.

E: You know a lot more about it than I do. If I understand you correctly if I attack a person that person can defend themselves with deadly force but if they defend themselves with deadly force I cannot use deadly force to defend myself. Very complex if you ask me. Glad I will not be on the jury. When I first heard about the case a few weeks ago my reaction was that it was another case of overuse of the race card and I would, if on the jury, have to vote acquittal due to reasonable doubt. Now that I have read a little about the case there are unexplained inconsistencies. (e.g. girlfriend story vs. Zimmerman story) It keeps getting curiouser and curiouser as the saga continues.

----

This is what the prosecution is alleging. That Mr. Zimmerman was the aggressor that evening. This is not Stand Your Ground if those allegations can be proven.

E: Key word here is ‘IF’.

E: Meanwhile Trayvon is in a box somewhere peacefully decomposing.

Yes, you have it correct. If you attack me, the law allows me to not have to retreat but to use deadly force if I feel its necessary. However, if you attack me and do not know I have a black belt in karate(I do not, just for example) and I defend myself and now you are getting the worse of the beating you started, you can't shoot me and use Stand Your Ground.

It could be possible this is dismissed before he needs to take a plea deal, if one is offered. He has a Stand Your Ground hearing coming up and the judge can find it meets the critieria and he can walk out a free man. I do not see him taking a plea, but it could happen. If it goes to trial, that will happen probably a year from now.

Yes, there is a lot of evidence that has not been made public. The prosecution has to turn over everything they have to the defense but there is a lot we are not privy to as for evidence.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#111New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:43:49
@someone_else Said

Zimmerman made some pretty bad choices that night. I stand by that statement, whether all the blame should go on him or not...bad decisions.

Thats the one bit no-one can argue. Thats for sure. So glad I dont work in Criminal Justice, this would be one hell of a tough job to work out.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#112New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 22:07:28
@DorkySupergirl Said

Its okay about you not having a source. I have watched this case on the news every day when it was on the news 24/7 and have done my own research so I am familiar with everything about the case. No worries on not having a link as I know what you are talking about so no source needed. But I appreciate you offered to find some.

And no, its not a crime in the state of Florida to get out of your vehicle. But if you left your vehicle to start a confrontation and you shoot someone due to a confrontation you started, that is a crime. So his story of why he got out of the car is important.

I do not find it believable that a man who is captain Neighbourhood Patrol does not know what street he is on. He would be familiar with that area and he lives in that area. Its just not something I personally think is the truth.

And yes, he was cleaned up by the attending paramedics who responded to the scene but he refused for them to take him to hospital. To me, a reasonable person would want to rule out internal bleeding. If your head is beaten that badly, you could die. I would think he would rush to hospital for tests and exam. I would if it were me and I honestly do not know anyone who if beaten that severely would refuse to go to hospital.

AMEN my dear friend!!!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#113New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 22:08:40
@Erimitus Said

Why did the chicken get out of his car??

DAH............see that's what I KEEP asking???????????? Some people seem to think that didn't matter! WTF???
Not a dude.

Deleted

#114New Post! Jul 20, 2012 @ 22:23:27
@Spinkiegirl Said

DAH............see that's what I KEEP asking???????????? Some people seem to think that didn't matter! WTF???

It matters but it doesn't change anything about the actual "fight." Obviously this wouldn't have happened if he didn't get out of the car but, as was noted before, getting out of the car is not a crime.

He says he got out of the car to see a street sign. That's a legitimate reason. Regardless, you can exit your car without approaching someone else. That is where the trouble started.

#115New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 02:31:34
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin_map.png/774px-Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin_map.png

Both Martin and Zimmerman made some bad choices. Martin was only 80 yards from the safety of the house he was staying at and could, if running, been there in seconds; instead he chose to remain outside. Zimmerman could have remained in his car and waited for the police.

A lot of the testimony available to the public is inconsistent (e.g. Zimmerman’s story and the girl friends story) …and there may be testimony and evidence that has not been made public.
Some people have already decided who was guilty, or at least guiltiest. Personally I am going try to keep an open mind until the trial.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#116New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 02:35:44
@Erimitus Said

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin_map.png/774px-Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin_map.png

Both Martin and Zimmerman made some bad choices. Martin was only 80 yards from the safety of the house he was staying at and could, if running, been there in seconds; instead he chose to remain outside. Zimmerman could have remained in his car and waited for the police.

A lot of the testimony available to the public is inconsistent (e.g. Zimmerman’s story and the girl friends story) …and there may be testimony and evidence that has not been made public.
Some people have already decided who was guilty, or at least guiltiest. Personally I am going try to keep an open mind until the trial.

https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/tOiBKQvp5lA/default.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YPpvnZodM&feature=player_detailpage

Personally I think Zimmerman is gonna walk free. Then these guys can do the nasty work and the Goverment can deny any involvement.

#117New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 02:44:59
@townie_guy Said

Personally I think Zimmerman is gonna walk free. Then these guys can do the nasty work and the Goverment can deny any involvement.

Safest place for him is in jail.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#118New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 02:52:03
@Erimitus Said

Safest place for him is in jail.

Yeah true but ask yourself this. WIth all the public outcry, do the goverment want him "safe" or punished. There is a massive public outcry, and if the Black Panters get hold of him it will restore the peace. ALthough Im sure someone will get to him in jail one way or another.

At the end of the day, like has been already stated, a black teenager was shot. SOciety demands justice, weather that be legal justice or mob law.

As can be seen it is actually hard to pin point a specific crime on him, so the justice system has a potential to fail. WHich leaves only mob justice, which does not allow a verdict of "innocent".

#119New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 05:03:35
@townie_guy Said

Yeah true but ask yourself this. WIth all the public outcry, do the goverment want him "safe" or punished. There is a massive public outcry, and if the Black Panters get hold of him it will restore the peace. ALthough Im sure someone will get to him in jail one way or another.

At the end of the day, like has been already stated, a black teenager was shot. SOciety demands justice, weather that be legal justice or mob law.

As can be seen it is actually hard to pin point a specific crime on him, so the justice system has a potential to fail. WHich leaves only mob justice, which does not allow a verdict of "innocent".

alas

#120New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 05:33:33

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs