George Zimmerman's lawyers give him a social media boost

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 10:53:27
Quote:
George Zimmerman's defense team has set up a Twitter account, a Facebook page and a website for the neighborhood watch volunteer

O'Mara said the website, called George Zimmerman Legal Case, is aimed at discrediting fake websites and social profiles that purport to be representing Zimmerman and even raising money on his behaf.

By Red Huber, Pool

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara appears in court during a hearing in the George Zimmerman trial Friday in Sanford, Fla.

A second website will soon go live to raise money for the case, O'Mara said. Zimmerman himself had previously set up his own website and raised more than $200,000 for his defense, but that site and others have been shut down in order for his defense team to have complete control.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-30/george-zimmerman-twitter-facebook/54649154/1?csp=24&kjnd=akOeQq%2FZensXFNbvesk%2F3xxltya0p3C1aNwCMmFDw2GwqQB2Uk0xo6%2BalSSr%2B4Y5-4d69d0e7-d0ca-4638-ba32-034aacc69047_2%2BrX%2BiCDV35oBlgb2L2rQSDFFv%2BCWb4k5HC3CBAimsVCk%2FDRElC1YZXdDSPt0VqC

I found this info totally strange.
I don't have an account on either of the social networking sites named in the article.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#2New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 15:38:20
Don't see any problems about Zimmerman's fund raising.
He and his defense team reserves the right to do everything possible in proving his innocence.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 15:40:31
@PTF Said

He and his defense team reserves the right to do everything possible in proving his innocence.

Well, it becomes a problem when you raise $200,000 and then lie to the judge and say you're broke.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 17:48:22
@PTF Said

You don't see a problem with the lawyers using social networking sites to 'speak' for their client ?
And there is the issue jonnythan mentioned .
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#5New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 22:07:34
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-myspace-page-trayvon-martin-shooter-called-180717152.html I don't see why it's a problem either. "George Zimmerman's 2005 Myspace page, unearthed by the Miami Herald on Wednesday, suggests Trayvon Martin's shooter had a history of racial profiling." The Miami Herald
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#6New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 00:31:59
Its a problem because he had 204,000$ and hid it from his attorney and the judge. He told his lawyer he had no money so the lawyer argued he was destitute. This has a HUGE impact on the amount set for bail and if you ask me, it says a lot about his character, that he hid this money. And its funny that his brother knew about the money and has been on CNN at least 4 times that I saw but he was absent from the hearing and he was the only one absent and could not be reached by phone and he was the only who knew about the money other than George. So he knew it was wrong to have the money and went out of his way to keep it hidden and not have his brother show up to be sworn in under oath and swear that his brother does not have finances to post bail.

He bail ought to have been revoked and he should have been remanded after that.

Its also a big deal because sitting on 204,000$ that no one knew about, he could have fled the country and the court had a legal right to know about this.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#7New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 00:47:56
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-myspace-page-trayvon-martin-shooter-called-180717152.html I don't see why it's a problem either. "George Zimmerman's 2005 Myspace page, unearthed by the Miami Herald on Wednesday, suggests Trayvon Martin's shooter had a history of racial profiling." The Miami Herald

No regrets, no remorse; but I'm beginning to see how the will of the class action is for maintaining a war issue. How can Zimmerman win?; the whole case portrays that American's enjoy their liberty to abuse their enemies of state by a personal sense of abusing the law for no free choices. The muslims in the U.S. have the free choices now.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 05:32:18
@Reviso Said

No regrets, no remorse; but I'm beginning to see how the will of the class action is for maintaining a war issue. How can Zimmerman win?; the whole case portrays that American's enjoy their liberty to abuse their enemies of state by a personal sense of abusing the law for no free choices. The muslims in the U.S. have the free choices now.

What is it that makes citizens of other countries such experts on America and Americans ? Can You take ' becoming an expert on America/ Americans 101 classes at your local community collages ? just wondering.

, Canada
#9New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 13:06:16
@white_swan53 Said

What is it that makes citizens of other countries such experts on America and Americans ? Can You take ' becoming an expert on America/ Americans 101 classes at your local community collages ? just wondering.

I have my certificate, want to see it? I do know what you mean. Sometimes people go beyond an opinion and act like they know more of your country than its own citizens. I have people tell me things about my country that are not even true but they still fight me when I prove its not true. Hey, I only live here, what do I know.

As to Zimmerman, all I will say is, he knew he had 204,000$ and allowed his attorney and his family, except his brother, to think he had no money, to testify as to that and claim he was destitute. While he is innocent until proven guilty, it does raise the question, if he can lie about that what else has he lied about and what else can he lie about. It raises the question that he is a liar.

Begging the court to show you mercy to be out on a low bail because you are destitute and your family scrambling trying to find you money to make bail and you are sitting on 204,000$ I think we are seeing his character and while it does not mean he killed anyone in cold blood, it does give doubt as to if he is a liar or not.

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 19:26:03
@DorkySupergirl Said

Its a problem because he had 204,000$ and hid it from his attorney and the judge. He told his lawyer he had no money so the lawyer argued he was destitute. This has a HUGE impact on the amount set for bail and if you ask me, it says a lot about his character, that he hid this money. And its funny that his brother knew about the money and has been on CNN at least 4 times that I saw but he was absent from the hearing and he was the only one absent and could not be reached by phone and he was the only who knew about the money other than George. So he knew it was wrong to have the money and went out of his way to keep it hidden and not have his brother show up to be sworn in under oath and swear that his brother does not have finances to post bail.

He bail ought to have been revoked and he should have been remanded after that.

Its also a big deal because sitting on 204,000$ that no one knew about, he could have fled the country and the court had a legal right to know about this.

I totally get it..I know what you're saying and I agree, I was tring to be a smart-ass...

, Canada
#11New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 19:34:02
@Spinkiegirl Said

I totally get it..I know what you're saying and I agree, I was tring to be a smart-ass...

Oh sorry, I meant my comment for PTF when they said they did not see anything wrong with Zimmerman fundraising. I forgot to quote that poster.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 19:45:30
@DorkySupergirl Said

Oh sorry, I meant my comment for PTF when they said they did not see anything wrong with Zimmerman fundraising. I forgot to quote that poster.

No worries, you already know my dear friend, how I feel about you!

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 20:10:29
@DorkySupergirl Said

I have my certificate, want to see it? I do know what you mean. Sometimes people go beyond an opinion and act like they know more of your country than its own citizens. I have people tell me things about my country that are not even true but they still fight me when I prove its not true. Hey, I only live here, what do I know.

As to Zimmerman, all I will say is, he knew he had 204,000$ and allowed his attorney and his family, except his brother, to think he had no money, to testify as to that and claim he was destitute. While he is innocent until proven guilty, it does raise the question, if he can lie about that what else has he lied about and what else can he lie about. It raises the question that he is a liar.

Begging the court to show you mercy to be out on a low bail because you are destitute and your family scrambling trying to find you money to make bail and you are sitting on 204,000$ I think we are seeing his character and while it does not mean he killed anyone in cold blood, it does give doubt as to if he is a liar or not.

I agree that it certainly has shown in him in a way that puts his credibility and honesty in a very bad light.
Now, about that certificate ,,,

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 20:12:09
@Reviso Said

I'am NOT speaking about any abuse here.

, Canada
#15New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 22:49:11
@white_swan53 Said

I agree that it certainly has shown in him in a way that puts his credibility and honesty in a very bad light.
Now, about that certificate ,,,

Its a valid certificate and it will not be put into question.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs