Free George Zimmerman

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#211New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 03:22:40
@DorkySupergirl Said

You are most welcome, if I can ever be of help with something, let me know and its my pleasure. I sent you a link that gives more indepth than my quick overview so you might find it really interesting.

Yes, I opened the PM but will wait until I can put my attention to the site you linked to. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

n/a, New Mexico
#212New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 03:28:42
@shinobinoz Said

Wow! That should make everything clear as mudd now. This whole thing screwed the pooch from the point Zimmerman did not follow the 911 dispatchers words.

After I had read this article , I thought about all the back and forth there has been here on TFS about the case and what the wittiness had said . I had to chuckle just a bit .

n/a, New Mexico
#213New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 21:19:29
@DorkySupergirl Said

I sent you a link that gives more indepth than my quick overview so you might find it really interesting.

Hey, thanks for that link .
You are correct about it being an interesting read and being more in depth .

I think it was jonnythan that posted something about stress or anxiety and the witnesses changing their stories being connected .

Here is something from that link about that.

Quote:
Clifford and Scott (1978) found that people who saw a film of a violent attack remembered fewer of the 40 items of information about the event than a control group who saw a less stressful version. As witnessing a real crime is probably more stressful than taking part in an experiment, memory accuracy may well be even more affected in real life.

However, a study by Yuille and Cutshall (1986) contradicts the importance of stress in influencing eyewitness memory.

They showed that witnesses of a real life incident (a gun shooting outside a gun shop in Canada) had remarkable accurate memories of a stressful event involving weapons. A thief stole guns and money, but was shot six times and died. The police interviewed witnesses, and thirteen of them were re-interviewed five months later. Recall was found to be accurate, even after a long time, and two misleading questions inserted by the research team had no effect on recall accuracy. One weakness of this study was that the witnesses who experienced the highest levels of stress where actually closer to the event, and this may have helped with the accuracy of their memory recall.

The Yuille and Cutshall study illustrates two important points:

1. There are cases of real-life recall where memory for an anxious / stressful event is accurate, even some months later.

2. Misleading questions need not have the same effect as has been found in laboratory studies (e.g. Loftus & Palmer).

https://www.simplypsychology.org/eyewitness-testimony.html
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#214New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 23:17:06
@hoppy Said

He was attacked and defended himself. Anything else is trivial and nit picking, IMO.

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin-shooting-witnesses-change-stories-ahead-zimmerman-133743219.html I don't know for sure there Hoppy.......we'll all do well to simply relax and let this case take it's legal process in the courts! I don't believe this is gonna be an easy battle for justice as we might hope. And you and I weren't eye witnesses to this awful tragedy. You can't know for sure that what you said above is the way this shooting played out. It's NEVER a good thing to think and say this is "trivial and nit picking" when a life is taken and we don't know the actions of those involved 100%.

n/a, New Mexico
#215New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 23:40:56
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin-shooting-witnesses-change-stories-ahead-zimmerman-133743219.html I don't know for sure there Hoppy.......we'll all do well to simply relax and let this case take it's legal process in the courts! I don't believe this is gonna be an easy battle for justice as we might hope. And you and I weren't eye witnesses to this awful tragedy. You can't know for sure that what you said above is the way this shooting played out. It's NEVER a good thing to think and say this is "trivial and nit picking" when a life is taken and we don't know the actions of those involved 100%.

It seems that some of those eye wittiness's wrote their statements in pencil and are now looking for an eraser to change things around some .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs