The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Bisexuality

Finding other bi guys is nearly impossible...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
AZcuriousm4U On January 24, 2015

Gilbert, Arizona
#16New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 20:09:05
@twiztidangel Said
i've met gay guys before, not really bi guys. im sorry but being bisexual semi confuses me. how can you want a boy and a girl at the same time?
it must be stressful to want both no doubt. You are an attractive guy and I'm sure there are guys out there looking for what you want aswell. I hope it all works out for you, and when it does, it will definitly be worth the wait.

It was said before, but I will also touch base on this... being bi to whatever degree does not necessarily make you wanting both at the same time, although that is extremely erotic based on my limited experiences. I can't imagine having a heart-felt romantic relationship with a man at the same time as I would be having with a woman. THAT would be confusing, for sure, and extremely difficult to maintain two separate healthy relationships - it's hard enough to just keep up with one. Being sexually/physically attracted to both sexes isn't as hard tom imagine as you think... women constantly admire other women - it's natural for them to do so... however, men feel awkward evaluating another man - it makes them feel less of a man if they notice any sort of same-sex attraction. Typically, most guys will make jokes to deflect that attraction or even make blunt anti-gay comments. Believe it or not, usually, the men who make the most anti-gay or homophobic statements are fighting those exact same feelings within themselves, thus why they feel so threatened. Liking both is not difficult to imagine... it's like liking rock and country music or classical and rap. It's like owning a Ford as well as a Chevy... occasionally you may prefer driving the Chevy. It's like being offered Hot or Mild sauce at the Taco Bell drive-thru... I answer "both" all the time - yes, believe it or not, that answer usually confuses the drive-thru person... they're like "oh, okay, I see... hmmm." - kinda the same reaction one gets when they say they are bi.
gq_for_real On February 12, 2006

Northampton, Massachusetts
#17New Post! Nov 01, 2005 @ 01:56:31
dude. i played the Bi scene for a while. and your right that the gay scene dosent accept Bi very well. so i made the switch, and came out as gay. no regrets. having way more fun now instead of stressing about labels. once in a while i will have a girl on the side as long as im not dating anyone, just for a one nighter. and the girl knows im gay... so like previously mentioned, the net is a good way to meet people, but it is sort of more of a hook up scene on the net. just be careful who you meet, and be really selective, unless all your looking for is a hook up. being Bi was just too much work really, like turning down dates from either sex at different times and making excuses. but do what works for you.

Gilbert, Arizona
#18New Post! Nov 06, 2005 @ 22:20:37
GQ - you don't have to be dating both genders concurrently to be designated as bisexual... you can be in a monogomous MOTOS relationship, yet still be bisexual as long as you still desire same-sex or are attracted to MOTSS. It could be years before you even touch another MOTSS during that realtionship (or vice versa) and yet, if you still have those feelings for both, you are bi, whether actively practicing your bisexuality or not.

For example, since you're a guy - I'll give you a sports analogy... I'm a season ticket holder for our D-Backs baseball team as well as for our Cardinals football team. Baseball starts well before football even gets any coverage, other than the college draft. As the baseball season wanes, football season begins, so there is an overlap where I have both going on - and yes, that makes it difficult to play both sides of the field or attend BOTH stadiums on the same day, if not impossible. When baseball season ends, I'm left with strictly football tickets but, once baseball is over, I can fully concentrate on footbal, but that does not mean I have lost all interest in baseball - it's just put aside for a while.

There are many different types or categories of bisexuals. Being bi is not necessarily a continuous or practicing behavior.
xphile2868 On July 01, 2015

Preston, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 16:23:53
I don't know my sexuality for sure (i think it lies somewhere between bi-curiosity and bisexuality)but I am fairly certain that i am bisexual. I do fantasise about both sexes and find members of both sexes attractive, although i've never had a girl/boy friend.
beccalanham On April 09, 2007

Columbus, United States (gener
#20New Post! Nov 08, 2005 @ 11:04:59
My boy friend is bi... He's not really into the club scene...I don't think he's had too much trouble meeting other guys that are bi tho..He's had a few friends that were but didn't want to admit it..and he has a lot of friends that are either straight or pretend to be. He's just finishing college and he travels a lot and so he's always meeting new people. He has mentioned that it's not often that a guy will admit to being bi..he's more likely to either say he's straight or he's gay. I think the internet is as good a place as any to look for someone that is both. In fact..most of the dating sites have bi/straight/etc. people on them. I'd check them out. Couldn't hurt.

Gilbert, Arizona
#21New Post! Nov 08, 2005 @ 21:14:50
@beccalanham Said
My boy friend is bi... He's not really into the club scene...I don't think he's had too much trouble meeting other guys that are bi tho..He's had a few friends that were but didn't want to admit it..and he has a lot of friends that are either straight or pretend to be. He's just finishing college and he travels a lot and so he's always meeting new people. He has mentioned that it's not often that a guy will admit to being bi..he's more likely to either say he's straight or he's gay. I think the internet is as good a place as any to look for someone that is both. In fact..most of the dating sites have bi/straight/etc. people on them. I'd check them out. Couldn't hurt.

Becca - you are pretty cool with your boyfriend being bi... are you, also? Not that I am asking from a selfish POV, but usually, very few straight women are so accepting of their SO being bisexual. Is this something you two do separately or together? I'm intrigued. Too bad there aren't more understanding women like you around - if they are, I have yet to meet them - or marry them... LOL.

This post will officially move me out of the "points whore" category - I enjoyed being a whore, though... LOL - thanks, TFS, for the opportunity.
been_3369 On January 25, 2006

Deleted

#22New Post! Nov 08, 2005 @ 21:17:15
i have a gay friend who just broke up with his bf. i know lots of bi people, me included. i can understand what youre going through though. hope you find someone
boys4pele On November 11, 2009

Meridian, Mississippi
#23New Post! Nov 12, 2005 @ 03:50:21
emo guys are hot...
avocado On July 24, 2014

Coventry, United Kingdom
#24New Post! May 22, 2006 @ 17:54:58
I disagree with much of that article. I don't fit any of the definitions. I am a monogamous bisexual all of the time. i never find myself not attracted to one sex or the other. also it says bisexuality challenges monogamy and that we can't have a normal lifestyle. of course we can! a bisexual person has just as much potential to be monogamous as someone who's straight or gay!
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#25New Post! May 22, 2006 @ 18:07:06
why does it have to be a bi guy? why not just fcuk a gay guy and get it over with
shorty_15 On June 01, 2006

gig harbor, Washington
#26New Post! May 28, 2006 @ 16:34:27
um my boyfriends bi. ya and i still love him and he said he wont leave me for either guy/girl
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs