The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Homosexuality

can a woman/man be "manipulated" into being gay?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:35:26
I really don't want to be offensive, but i'm very curious about this. I have to two friends. One is a smooth talker..dominant type, a realtor, successful. "M"

the other is very emotional, sensitive, kind, loving and very gullible. "D".. total marshmallow.

We were at dinner when they came over. They have been a couple for over 30 years. they met in college. "D" was a knock out back in her day. "M" was a lesbian from the day she was born. "D" was straight, and had every intention of being married to a male with kids, blah blah...

when "M" saw "D" in school, she finagled it with her dorm mates so that "D" would wind up sharing a room with her. A few months later.. "D" comes out and states she's a lesbian.

I've known "D" for about 2 years.. If you tell her the moon is blue at certain times of the year - then the moon is blue. Can this be due to just plain gullibility?
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:39:47
Is it manipulation to contrive a relationship with someone? Do you have to be gullible to fall for a person? I don't think sexuality is really important here.
Fishlips On March 02, 2011

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:46:23
@ultranewbie Said

I really don't want to be offensive, but i'm very curious about this. I have to two friends. One is a smooth talker..dominant type, a realtor, successful. "M"

the other is very emotional, sensitive, kind, loving and very gullible. "D".. total marshmallow.

We were at dinner when they came over. They have been a couple for over 30 years. they met in college. "D" was a knock out back in her day. "M" was a lesbian from the day she was born. "D" was straight, and had every intention of being married to a male with kids, blah blah...

when "M" saw "D" in school, she finagled it with her dorm mates so that "D" would wind up sharing a room with her. A few months later.. "D" comes out and states she's a lesbian.

I've known "D" for about 2 years.. If you tell her the moon is blue at certain times of the year - then the moon is blue. Can this be due to just plain gullibility?

are you inferring that your friend was duped into becoming a lesbian ? View Image
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:54:16
No it is not possible to be manipulated into turning gay. However one can be manipulated into committing homosexual acts. Also, one can be gay but never had admitted it to themselves or anyone.

It's not possible to change your base sexual orientation. It is possible to change how one acts on it.

Your friend could have either been gay all this time and never admitted it. Or she could be manipulated into acting gay. But no, a person just doesn't 'turn gay' or 'turn straight'. There has to be something there to begin with.
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#5New Post! Jan 31, 2011 @ 13:09:13
@LuckyCharms Said

No it is not possible to be manipulated into turning gay. However one can be manipulated into committing homosexual acts. Also, one can be gay but never had admitted it to themselves or anyone.

It's not possible to change your base sexual orientation. It is possible to change how one acts on it.

Your friend could have either been gay all this time and never admitted it. Or she could be manipulated into acting gay. But no, a person just doesn't 'turn gay' or 'turn straight'. There has to be something there to begin with.

thank you Lucky! i appreciate this answer. I've always felt this.. but just by being around her, i began to wonder if my question was possible. She swears she had no thought of being with another woman. But i think, it was something she just didn't know - herself. Thanks again..
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013