Friendships

Drugs: Leave her or not?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
im_the_one On December 01, 2005

Amish Country, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 19:51:16
I've known one of my friends for almost 7 years now, and we've been good friends almost the whole time. Lately though, we've been drifiting apart; mainly because she is choosing whether or not to do drugs. I don't want her to, and I've told her this, but she seems set on it. Should I continue to be her friend, and try to help her see her through, or should I let her go and not get caught up in it?

By the way, it's not necessarily just the drugs that bothers me, if you do drugs, it's your option... but if she does them, she'll try and get me roped in. She's already trying. Her "boyfriend" is going to supply them to her, and I'm afraid he only wants to get her high, to get her virginity... What should i do?? Please help!
sarahf On October 08, 2013

ottawa, Canada
#2New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 19:55:15
my friend's boyfriend hooked her up and she tried them.. i yelled at her for being stupid and she ran away then came back ..clean but still with her bf.. who is now in jail i don't know what to say to you but i had known her 1 year at that point and i still talk to her so you should be able to get through it good luck
chickinblack On December 19, 2007

Roach, Missouri
#3New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 19:56:17
I say try to help her. But, if she really presures you, then you have a good reason to leave her alone.
tlynn On April 17, 2007

Mordor, Canada
#4New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 19:59:17
If she can't live her life without dragging you down with her then she is not your freind!!!!

I would never not be friends with someone because they did drugs.

I would never be friends with someone who expected me to do them to
thomo On July 04, 2007

Hull, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 20:03:23
hey, you can't run her life for her, just be a friend for her. Accept her decisions even if you don't agree with them, do give your own opinion. She's only young and to a certain extent we all experiment with various drugs, either alcohol or others, but i don't think there is any reason to give up on her.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 20:14:07
Thats a tricky one, as the others have said its her life but please dont get yourself dragged into it. All you can do, if she is hell bent on doing this, is be around when she needs you. She will need a friend with a sober head by the sounds of it
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#7New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 20:18:31
It may come to the point where you have to let her go. I have lost many friends to drugs. Just be her friend, but know when to draw the line. Good luck and if you ever have any questions or need advice, feel free to PM me, I have been through this many times before. I know how hard it is.
kinglegend On May 06, 2007

Brisbane, Australia
#8New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 21:09:41
What they said ^^^^^^
kayt On December 12, 2016
BoxBoxBox

Rockhampton, Australia
#9New Post! Nov 30, 2005 @ 21:17:26
ok i've done loads and i regret it but if she wants to screw up her life just say to her go on then. it sounds really nasty but if she values your friendship highly she would think twice i now i certainly did and it was my own brother who got me started!! i didn't realise at the time(long story) but in a way i regret it and in a way i don't. if shes wanting to do it tell her fine but not to come running to you when it goes wrong and she then needs help. it may sound harsh but its a starting point.
is that ok?
im_the_one On December 01, 2005

Amish Country, Pennsylvania
#10New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 03:11:37
Thanx everyone! I'll try and talk to her when i see her next... I apprciate everyone's advice, i'll tell you what happens
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#11New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 04:15:21
I am really sorry to hear that but sometimes in life people (even those you love) make choices that you cant control. Its one thing if you have asked her not to do them around you, but you cant really make her stop. People have to find out for themselves why they want to destroy their bodies or hurt those they love. If she tries to get you to do it (my advice) tell her to get the f#*$&# out! Its not right for someone to ask or expect you to even think of hurting your own body for them. If she knew how much you cared it might help her but if her bf is into it, it might not really matter to her. She has someone who supports her in it.

Sadly, I have also lost close friends to drinking or drugs, from ages 15 till now, it never gets easier.
webslinger14 On February 14, 2006

vancouver, Canada
#12New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 09:09:33
Try to help her, but if she's really stubborn to screw her life, well i guess its time to let her go! If she want to waste her life, then theres nothing you can do about it!
yndy On June 06, 2011

Manila, Philippines
#13New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 21:11:21
that sounds nasty... i feel sorry for your friend. but no don't leave her. it's the tim you should be there for her. try giving her some alternatives. what are your fave things before she hooked with this guy? maybe you should gauge hre interest in these once more. say join something worth your time. an organization in school would keep both of you busy. i don't wanna suggest this but, try introducing her to other guys. this may divert her attention to "good" guys, if not her feelings. see the reason why she's trying to do drugs is just because of her boyfriend. from what you've said, i don't see any strong reason why she would do drugs. be there for her. your determination to make her stop would be of great help. just don't get swayed in.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#14New Post! Dec 02, 2005 @ 13:25:34
Drugs are for the weak. Stay away from people that take them.
jocool5445 On November 18, 2006

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
#15New Post! Dec 02, 2005 @ 13:30:55
it's going to be hard to break her out of the habit of drugs... but if you value your friendship with her, you have to try to get this to work it's way out of her system, you can't exactly do much except tell her not to do it anymore, and it that doesn't work, when she hits rock bottom, you have to be the first person that she calls for help, because she'll know you want to help you out. i hope this helps...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs