Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Damage that Religion does to people

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>
woodss On February 26, 2024

#1New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 03:43:18
Its rather damaging to society, in many ways possible.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 03:43:44
How do you figure?
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 07:27:32
@woodss Said

Its rather damaging to society, in many ways possible.

As I see it it is human beings who cause the damage to society. Religion is just one way in which it happens.

Then we have those who think "I'm of this religion so I'm not to blame" and those who think "I'm not religious at all, so I'm not to blame"......and so the world keeps turning.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 07:32:03
Six of one and half a dozen of the other, Woods.

Yes, it does encourage fascism and judge-mentality but, at the same time, if those churches were not there (serving as distraction) I wonder how many of those Christians would otherwise be attempting to scramble in through my windows right now trying to eat my brains.

#7New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 08:23:13
@Electric_Banana Said

Six of one and half a dozen of the other, Woods.

Yes, it does encourage fascism and judge-mentality but, at the same time, if those churches were not there (serving as distraction) I wonder how many of those Christians would otherwise be attempting to scramble in through my windows right now trying to eat my brains.

Yep.

#8New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 08:23:59
@Electric_Banana Said

Yes...all of PETA is a deterrent for self-pleasing. You will notice that the Animal Rights Activists began pushing harder than ever before shortly after Michael Hutchence's strange and accidental suicide back in 1997.

Not to mention of pastors in churches who cant stand of not being perfect and they take their own lifes instead.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 09:02:38
@woodss Said

Not to mention of pastors in churches who cant stand of not being perfect and they take their own lifes instead.

Hmm....now I'm beginning to wonder how many Pastors are 'official' and how many are independent rookies.

I wouldn't suspect any Christian church, no matter what the denomination, ran by an independent Pastor.

If independents are allowed to head churches then what you might have are men who've taken notice of life's stranger sciences and tossed into reality disassociation / cognitive dissonance soon after.

As the Christian faith is the one most heavily advertised, and easiest to run too, those unsettled rookies may somehow find their-selves at the head of one continuing on with other mens' perceived 'specifics' instead of investigating (for themselves) only the rudimentary factors of life's idiosyncrasies and never attempting to place too fine of a point on their suspicions, musings or theories.

Many of these Pastors may simply be giving up after having settled for such an abysmal cognitive perception of life for so long.

It just surprises me as I've assumed that Christian preachers (of any sort) are professionals (to the point of perhaps secretly being scientists or involved in medicine) and would have more insight and mental fortitude.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 09:10:38
@Electric_Banana Said

Hmm....now I'm beginning to wonder how many Pastors are 'official' and how many are independent rookies.

The default judgement should be "independent rookie"......and the same goes for all "masters", "teachers", "guru's" and what not. If they think that's what they are they have rooked themselves.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 09:38:02
@dookie Said

The default judgement should be "independent rookie"......and the same goes for all "masters", "teachers", "guru's" and what not. If they think that's what they are they have rooked themselves.

Yeah but I mean I thought all preachers held council with an ordained hierarchy whom would not only be able to keep monitor of that preacher's competence and psychological integrity but offer support.

Also, I assumed many preachers to be the next thing closest to 'God' so suicide, in their instance, is almost absurd.

I mean the ongoing Child Molestation Issues are absurd as well but I had suspected those claims to be bogus and fabricated by the anti-religious in general.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:02:19
@Electric_Banana Said

Yeah but I mean I thought all preachers held council with an ordained hierarchy whom would not only be able to keep monitor of that preacher's competence and psychological integrity but offer support.

Also, I assumed many preachers to be the next thing closest to 'God' so suicide, in their instance, is almost absurd.

I mean the ongoing Child Molestation Issues are absurd as well but I had suspected those claims to be bogus and fabricated by the anti-religious in general.

Maybe the ordained hierarchy are rooksters themselves? Preachers ckose to God? Watch how they tie their shoelaces.........if they finish with a strong tug, and seem to be thinking of something else while tieing, then be suspicious.....Child molestation is something else and many claims are not bogus, at least I do not think so.

#13New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:20:52
Not to mention the mind control as well as said in this link, and pry into your private life.

Always Watching You,

There was a condemned card games, chess, checkers, football, tennis, cricket, baseball and bike racing. Also banned were picnics, social parties, the reading of fiction and attending the theatre, secular concerts, billiard halls, bowling alleys, dance halls (and dancing itself) and the circus. She instructed women to wear pants under their skirts . What a laugh.

Many girls were made by their parents to wear pants under their dresses to avoid exposing their legs) and condemned the wearing of jewelry (to this day, it is still common for men to give an engagement watch rather than an engagement ring.

Told these ppl never to buy life insurance, join unions, pray standing up, live in the city, and not to send their children to school before the age of eight.

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:24:49
@woodss Said

Not to mention the mind control as well as said in this link, and pry into your private life.

Always Watching You,

Brief investigation of this link looks like a public service warning concerning 'Anonymous' and cell cams.

#15New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:28:06
@Electric_Banana Said

Brief investigation of this link looks like a public service warning concerning 'Anonymous' and cell cams.

Yep but its within a controlling environment, cant have a opinion have to go by what your told, pretty much worse than treated like a child, throughout my life tried to obey and don't follow my own common sense, I knew I was controlled by a long dead woman, like a ghost, treating people like robots.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs