The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Should deformed people be banished from society?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#1New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 04:44:03
I feel sympathy for such people unwillingly placed in unfortunate events of misunderstanding or continuous ridicule. Deformed people are still human beings but on the opposite hand, they are different from us. Do you think that these people should be banished from society faraway elsewhere for their own good and in order to preserve our norms of the human race?

I just got through looking at the Treeman and it was a sad and unbelievable sight.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 04:46:24
Never.
It would be cruel for someone to think that "beauty" makes anyone more deserving of normalcy in life.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 04:52:34
@roxygemini Said

Never.
It would be cruel for someone to think that "beauty" makes anyone more deserving of normalcy in life.

Well said Roxy!
azureus On December 16, 2008

Deleted

Chuck Norris,
#5New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 04:59:19
Everyone is different, and being normal is overrated.

Birmingham, Alabama
#6New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:01:49
@roxygemini Said

Never.

Yes, I agree. I guess what I was trying to say is that there should be a treatment for these people to preserve normality and help so that they would not grow up suffering because they are different from us.
GUNNER1950 On December 25, 2008

Deleted
Banned

, Benin
#7New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:02:56
OMG, where do I start? These people did not chose their fate, they were givinn it at birth. I am a hardass, but I can`t hold these people responcible for their affliction.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#8New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:04:34
What is NORMAL???? There is NO definition.. So they may be the normal ones and not us...... But to segregate them is cruel beyond comprehension.....
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#9New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:05:03
@loveis Said

Well said Roxy!

Like your Avvy,, it's in my profile!!!
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#10New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:10:09
@windstorm Said

I feel sympathy for such people unwillingly placed in unfortunate events of misunderstanding or continuous ridicule. Deformed people are still human beings but on the opposite hand, they are different from us. Do you think that these people should be banished from society faraway elsewhere for their own good and in order to preserve our norms of the human race.

Lets change a couple words shall we?

I feel sympathy for such people unwillingly placed in unfortunate events of misunderstanding or continuous ridicule. Different colored people(black, white, brown - Pick two) are still human beings but on the opposite hand, they are different from us (insert color not chosen ealier). Do you think that these people should be banished from society faraway elsewhere for their own good and in order to preserve our norms of the human race.

its still discrimination one way or another....Different races just in regards to color have somehow been misunderstood, ridiculed, and mistreated....should be separate them out too?

Quote:
in order to preserve our norms of the human race.

the norms of the human race is nothing more than adaptation according to time. Nothing stays the same forever, we are all constantly changing and evolving. Change the way these people are being mistreated to being treated properly and we shall not have a problem right?
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#11New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:10:23
@lilbear Said

I had em first though.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#12New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:10:59
@windstorm Said

Yes, I agree. I guess what I was trying to say is that there should be a treatment for these people to preserve normality and help so that they would not grow up suffering because they are different from us.

Okay, I am not trying to sound deep or anything...lol But I think that the "treatment" you speak of, is that of compassion on all our parts.
azureus On December 16, 2008

Deleted

Chuck Norris,
#13New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:11:51
This is the same reasoning some people used to treat other races differently than "normal people".
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#14New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:20:01
@lilbear Said

Hey now! That's a dammed good looking avy!

Sorry OP, had to hijack your thread for a sec..but I'm good now.

Birmingham, Alabama
#15New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 05:20:45
@azureus Said

This is the same reasoning some people used to treat other races differently than "normal people".

Right. Whether you are Black, White, Chinese, Hispanic, purple or blue you are still of the human race. Being of a different race doesn't make you abnormal because there is diversity throughout the world. However, something totally out of this world so to speak is another thing and sfor some it's just hard to grasp what is different. Like me for example, I was was shocked and at a loss for words to see a man's face covered in hair like an animal or bark like a tree. I guess in short, it's not your everyday sight and because of that, you must have even more sympathy for them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs