Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:39:05
@treetopflyer Said
" I suppose the problem is that wages aren't always paid fairly and equally."

Aren't there laws in place to address this concern?

Yes, there are, but they're crap. The minimum wage for 21s and over is currently ?5.35 I think, but research has said that to live in some areas, for example London, people should be on the minimum of ?7.00 an hour. Also, women in general still earn less, and what you earn will depend on what sector you work in, naturally. The problem is the Labour government is too scared to raise the minimum wage to a more electoral-friendly level. They're too concerned about the backlash from businesses, some who say they couldn't afford to pay more in wages. With most of them, this is bulls***, obviously.

London, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:39:55
@treetopflyer Said
Because they "can" be a burden on the system, across the board.

Only the illegal ones I think. If you're contributing to the economy, I don't see how you're being a burden. You're being an asset.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#33New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:41:07
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
Yes, there are, but they're crap. The minimum wage for 21s and over is currently ?5.35 I think, but research has said that to live in some areas, for example London, people should be on the minimum of ?7.00 an hour. Also, women in general still earn less, and what you earn will depend on what sector you work in, naturally. The problem is the Labour government is too scared to raise the minimum wage to a more electoral-friendly level. They're too concerned about the backlash from businesses, some who say they couldn't afford to pay more in wages. With most of them, this is bulls***, obviously.

And by doing so they keep the citizens on the dole and keep that voting block in their pockets.

London, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:43:00
@treetopflyer Said
And by doing so they keep the citizens on the dole and keep that voting block in their pockets.

Hence why so many Brits would rather stay on benefits

I personally would hate it! I was on benefits over the summer, and I hated not earning my own money, but I couldn't get a temp job. It's way nicer being able to say you earned your income, I think.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#35New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:51:05
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
I never said you did, just saying that I don't understand why immigrants are looked on so unfavourably.

People that dont understand soceity and very quick to judge..

I have add countless debates with older generations that feel polish people have distroyed the building trade.. where the fact is they cant even get on most sites as qualified buliders due to a heavy law in that sector. Most of it is bull.. however the million jobs that have been taken is a concern but on reflection of what the f*** brits are doing not immigrats are doing.

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:52:04
@markfox01 Said
People that dont understand soceity and very quick to judge..

I have add countless debates with older generations that feel polish people have distroyed the building trade.. where the fact is they cant even get on most sites as qualified buliders due to a heavy law in that sector. Most of it is bull.. however the million jobs that have been taken is a concern but on reflection of what the f*** brits are doing not immigrats are doing.

Well said
innit!

#37New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:53:45
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
Well said

thanks babe. x

London, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:54:34
@markfox01 Said
thanks babe. x

Ah, you don't have to thank me. Just giving credit where it's due and kudos
live_a_lie On May 08, 2011

, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:07:30
I hate the fact my mum lives off benefits, my mum doesn't work. She used to until she realised she got exactly the same amount for not working as working.

She always says she's going to get a job but never does. It's not even as if she's stupid, she didn't really just couldn't be bothered at school. I think she is quite clever because intelligence is genetic isn't it? And I managed to get into a grammar school meaning my parents must be clever.

People living on benefits really do not have a lot of money, you may all think you get loads but if they put it down anymore I don't think we'd have enough money to live. At the moment we are so poor and have like no money, I never have any money! Infact I have so little money, I know I shouldn't but I steal everything. If I didn't I really wouldn't have any clothes or general things people need.

I hate my mum living off benefits, it makes me feel so ashamed, like I'm living off dirty money or something. Everyone at my school, as 99% of them are pretty rich talk about how much they hate people who live of benefits, I hate it. It makes me feel awful, I never say anything though about me though, I just keep quiet. No-one knows in like actual real life I live of benefits. If they did I think everyone would look down on me.

London, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:29:44
@live_a_lie Said
I hate the fact my mum lives off benefits, my mum doesn't work. She used to until she realised she got exactly the same amount for not working as working.

She always says she's going to get a job but never does. It's not even as if she's stupid, she didn't really just couldn't be bothered at school. I think she is quite clever because intelligence is genetic isn't it? And I managed to get into a grammar school meaning my parents must be clever.

People living on benefits really do not have a lot of money, you may all think you get loads but if they put it down anymore I don't think we'd have enough money to live. At the moment we are so poor and have like no money, I never have any money! Infact I have so little money, I know I shouldn't but I steal everything. If I didn't I really wouldn't have any clothes or general things people need.

I hate my mum living off benefits, it makes me feel so ashamed, like I'm living off dirty money or something. Everyone at my school, as 99% of them are pretty rich talk about how much they hate people who live of benefits, I hate it. It makes me feel awful, I never say anything though about me though, I just keep quiet. No-one knows in like actual real life I live of benefits. If they did I think everyone would look down on me.

I feel bad for you. It's horrible not feeling like you don't fit in and having people say things about you.

I don't think you should steal, though. There are ways you can get clothes cheaply without resorting to anything illegal. As for things you "need", as long as your parents are providing food and shelter, what else do you need? I hope you're not including material possessions like phones and mp3 players in your needs. And if they're not providing those things, there are people you can talk to

live_a_lie On May 08, 2011

, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:37:48
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
I feel bad for you. It's horrible not feeling like you don't fit in and having people say things about you.

I don't think you should steal, though. There are ways you can get clothes cheaply without resorting to anything illegal. As for things you "need", as long as your parents are providing food and shelter, what else do you need? I hope you're not including material possessions like phones and mp3 players in your needs. And if they're not providing those things, there are people you can talk to

Oh no, I'm not really including things like that. And I would never take anything as big as either of those two either. I only do occasionally, just for like school stuff and sometimes clothes when mine are too small.

And I suppose my family do have more money than some, I just get upset about it sometimes. I'm kind of selfish I know.

I think the main reason I have a problem is because I go to a grammar school everyone has so much more money than me, it makes me feel poorer than I am. As being surrounded by rich people all day makes you feel that what they have is normal when it really isn't.

London, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:39:48
@live_a_lie Said
Oh no, I'm not really including things like that. And I would never take anything as big as either of those two either. I only do occasionally, just for like school stuff and sometimes clothes when mine are too small.

And I suppose my family do have more money than some, I just get upset about it sometimes. I'm kind of selfish I know.

I think the main reason I have a problem is because I go to a grammar school everyone has so much more money than me, it makes me feel poorer than I am. As being surrounded by rich people all day makes you feel that what they have is normal when it really isn't.

When you feel down, just remember that this is all temporary Their are so many opportunities out there for everyone. One day, you could be the one making the big money, sending your kids to whatever school they want
innit!

#43New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:40:20
@live_a_lie Said

normality is defined by a group of people that think there above everyone.

London, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:43:22
@markfox01 Said
normality is defined by a group of people that think there above everyone.

I never thought about it that way before.
innit!

#45New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 16:44:47
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
I never thought about it that way before.

*high five*

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs