Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#16New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:03:28
"why should we deny immigrants the same right"

Are they doing so legally? It appears you are losing your country to them.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:11:33
@treetopflyer Said
"why should we deny immigrants the same right"

Are they doing so legally? It appears you are losing your country to them.

We're not losing the country to them. I think only like 5% of people in Britain are actually foreign. If we were then just about everyone I meet would be foreign, but they're not. People just over eaggerate. Yes, we do have some illegal immigrants, but so does every country in the world.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#18New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:15:31
"Record numbers of Britons are moving to the US and Australia every year"

When you said this, it just sent up a red flag that if this continues it will not take long.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:15:44
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
We're not losing the country to them. I think only like 5% of people in Britain are actually foreign. If we were then just about everyone I meet would be foreign, but they're not. People just over eaggerate. Yes, we do have some illegal immigrants, but so does every country in the world.

the thing that gets me is a lot of illegal immigrants don't technically know theyre illegal...the ones that came over like 30 years ago....its something thats being bought up in my sisters court case over her daughter, that her ex's mother might not legally be allowed in the country but people didn't bother to follow up the paper work

Plus it annoys me is that people want to know how many illegal immigrants there are etc etc and get up in arms when the government don't know, but theres a reason they don't know...because they entered the country illegally!!
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#20New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:18:50
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
You say that, but as the article mentions, it's the Britons choosing not to work cos they can get benefits. And some immigrants are good members of society who pay their taxes and who contribute in other ways. Record numbers of Britons are moving to the US and Australia every year - why should we deny immigrants the same right? My family all come from the Caribbean. My mum was a nurse here from the time she was 16. She worked for the NHS for 30 years and was a childminder about 5. She contributed to society without being villified. I can't understand why immigrants these days get such a bad rep.

Im not saying immigrants are bad far from it, please read what i said... however i am sayng that the british people are giving a bad rep yet do nothing for them selves.. also.. being on benifits is really easy these days.. easier for women..

labour government dont stop to think why people are leaving in record numbers for passtures greener.. we havent had a increase in wages for 10 years to the level of which the rest of the economy has increased. Engineers for instance from all fields are about ?10K less than there european counter parts.. the cost to run a business in the uk is too expensive people want higher paid jobs or nothing (benifits).
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:20:55
I suppose it's a tough dilemma: Should benefits be reduced to an unattractive level to encourage people to work? If so, would it be too low for those who rely on it? Then again, the number of people claiming benefits in the UK has reduced significantly over the past couple of decades. And after all, we need access to foreign labour markets. Fears of foreign immigrants coming in and taking 'our' jobs are not only rather outdated, but invalid. A job belongs to anyone who has the incentive and ability to do it. As long as wages are paid fairly and equally, immigration needn't be a problem with regards to occupation. I suppose the problem is that wages aren't always paid fairly and equally.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#22New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:24:05
" I suppose the problem is that wages aren't always paid fairly and equally."

Aren't there laws in place to address this concern?
innit!

#23New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:26:58
@buffalobill90 Said
I suppose it's a tough dilemma: Should benefits be reduced to an unattractive level to encourage people to work? If so, would it be too low for those who rely on it? Then again, the number of people claiming benefits in the UK has reduced significantly over the past couple of decades. And after all, we need access to foreign labour markets. Fears of foreign immigrants coming in and taking 'our' jobs are not only rather outdated, but invalid. A job belongs to anyone who has the incentive and ability to do it. As long as wages are paid fairly and equally, immigration needn't be a problem with regards to occupation. I suppose the problem is that wages aren't always paid fairly and equally.

I think the figures have been fiddled. seriously.. the job market has had 2.5 million jobs in the last ten years apprently... and 1million have gone to foreign people... that means that 1.5 milllion people have found work?? nope.. 1.5 millin people have moved around from job to job.. the number on benifits hasnt changed if not increased. IMO..
innit!

#24New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:28:11
@treetopflyer Said
" I suppose the problem is that wages aren't always paid fairly and equally."

Aren't there laws in place to address this concern?

Minumum wage.. thats it.. there isnt a law to dictate that a doctor must be paid this.. a engineer that.. its up to the employers on what the can afford.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#25New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:35:57
"dictate that a doctor must be paid this."

Insurance companies pretty much control this I would assume, and there is no established working wage based on experience, etc...
innit!

#26New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:38:58
@treetopflyer Said
"dictate that a doctor must be paid this."

Insurance companies pretty much control this I would assume, and there is no established working wage based on experience, etc...

Well i would say definitly not in engineering.. its more dictated by what the next company is paying in there area.. Classical example was 2 oil refiniries in the pembroke area of the UK (wales) they had fitters jumping from one to the other each time upping there wages by a pound an hour because its such a remote region.. till the companies came together and merged the fitters lost out by about 20% in the end.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#27New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:43:13
What are the annual increases like? Between 3/5%?
innit!

#28New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 14:45:44
@treetopflyer Said
What are the annual increases like? Between 3/5%?

if we are lucky and work for the gov. 2% every annual.

If not.. its at empoyer discretion.. however the increase in cost of living int he UK is apprently 5.8%
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:36:08
@markfox01 Said
Im not saying immigrants are bad far from it, please read what i said... however i am sayng that the british people are giving a bad rep yet do nothing for them selves.. also.. being on benifits is really easy these days.. easier for women..

labour government dont stop to think why people are leaving in record numbers for passtures greener.. we havent had a increase in wages for 10 years to the level of which the rest of the economy has increased. Engineers for instance from all fields are about ?10K less than there european counter parts.. the cost to run a business in the uk is too expensive people want higher paid jobs or nothing (benifits).

I never said you did, just saying that I don't understand why immigrants are looked on so unfavourably.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#30New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 15:38:52
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
I never said you did, just saying that I don't understand why immigrants are looked on so unfavourably.

Because they "can" be a burden on the system, across the board.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs