Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 · >>
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#151New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 02:49:58
@shinobinoz Said

Nuh uhhh! Eve came from his rib don'cha know!
Or soil, they never were on the same page with that.

nope, I swear it was the water, cuz Fritzy told me so,
and he never lies!

restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#152New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 03:20:42
I have wonder if the book Black Like Me was written today. What would the story tell us today .
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#153New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 03:35:36
@restoreone Said

I have wonder if the book Black Like Me was written today. What would the story tell us today .

Just read an article on the photographer of the author's book. Was very interesting. Can't find my notes just now dang it.
I remember reading it. It made a lasting impression on me!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#154New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 05:33:42
@boobagins Said

Are you also going to call all white Americans Caucasian Americans then? So you did so research on google and made an choice? Are those sources credible? And how do they effect your perspective on other races. It would seem unfair to call native born Americans that have black skin African American if you're not going to call all native born Americans with white skin Caucasian Americans and all native born Americans with brown skin Asian American and/or Native American and/or Latin American etc etc etc.

That was part of the problem with the first post. I mean seriously read the opening post.

White = American

Black = Black people instead American as he referred to himself.

Now, let put that quote to how it should be.

Not to mention that the last sentence is factually incorrect.\

And just look at the title of this thread.

African American OR Black!

Not

African American OR just plain AMERICAN as it should be, but BLACK.

LOOK. They don't even have an option of being Americans. It's just African American or Black.

And you're going to take offense to the fact that black skinned Americans instead choose to be called African American instead of black for what reason again? Whether many admit it or not, you're subconsciously segregating the races by choosing to call yourself American and African Americans black. God, who the hell wants to be refers to by the color of their skin while ever other race in American is either AMERICAN or Asian or Latino or another?

But no, you're then going to use reverse psychology and instead put the blame on African Americans and claim that they are the ones that are acting all high and mighty, wanting more privileges than white Americans, right? And you being the good knowledgeable citizen will indulge them and call them African Americans after you do your research for the sole reason of being politically correct instead of understanding the hurt behind why they want insist on being called African Americans over black.

This whole thread is a classic example of the subtle segregation that IS STILL GOING ON! Hell, it happened solely in the title and in the opening post, not even in all the other responses.

So let them fight for their RIGHT to be called something respectful because guess what, there is still a fight to be had because racism and segreation is still alive today, it's just in a more subtle form.

spinkie ask ' why the hell any white person cares '
I posted two quotes one was spinkie saying she refuses to be called African American , the other quote was another member saying she prefers to be called African American ,

I am not real sure where you get that first I take offence at black Americans choosing to be called African American instead of black . then say i am putting the blame on African Americans and claim that they are the ones that are acting all high and mighty, wanting more privileges than white Americans,
if you would be so kind as to show me where the hell you came up with this , I would surly appreciate it.

n/a, New Mexico
#155New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 05:36:33
@shinobinoz Said

Boy? Little?
Trying out the Bigotry & misogyny hat all in the same post?
And Spinkiegirl made it quite obvious for years now that she is american NOT african american. Your reading comprehension is failing as of late!

"Bigotry & misogyny hat all in the same post"
Cool , thanks for validating my efforts to post in the same tone and with the same degree of rudeness that boxer post s with. I have been studying it and hoped I had been able to copy his style.

JMHO
spinkiegirl doesn't seem to know just what it is she wants. Her idea of her perfect world changes with the rising of the sun each morning

n/a, New Mexico
#156New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 05:41:41
@shinobinoz Said

I believe she simply misread your post. Anyhow, instead of pointing that out taking the high road you elect to continue the denigration route. "Little"? Common white_swan I'm expecting more out of you.

Oh , that's right , I nearly forgot that spinkie lets you speak for her. so thanks for explaining away her rudeness and crappy attitude.

@shinobinoz Said

I can tell you from experience, that minorities prefer to be identified as an individual first, then how they would like you to know them. If you insist on calling someone African american when they've asked you not to- what does that say about you? And when you throw in the belittling "boy" or "little lady" well that is more than anyone is likely to bare. Your choice.
I prefer a little more civility.

Yes minorities prefer to be identified as individuals.
some prefer to called African American , some take offence at being called African American , while others prefer to be called black and still others are offended at being called black. while still others refuse to be called anything except American .....
so I post that after spending some time researching the topic and learning that African American is acceptable by the majority , plus i came across a site dealing with all that was involved in the African American fight for civil rights in the 1960's , and followed the timeline back to when the Africans were being forcibly enslaved and removed from their homeland . added all this together and came to the conclusion that African American is considered PC , respectful and not racist by the majority . I found a few answers if you will , like this one .

"I'm part Black and I refuse to acknowledge the word African American for American born Blacks if white people aren't going to be called European American. Neither group are from this country. Both immigrated/enslaved.

A lot of Black people hate me for saying it, but I guess I just see it far different than they do."
leading me to believe my conclusion is correct, African American is acceptable to the majority.

n/a, New Mexico
#157New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 05:42:38
It shows quite plainly in our posts to each other that boxer thinks I drink and I believe he needs his meds readjusted. .
If someone else takes offence about it , I guess they will be offended . simple as.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#158New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 07:52:42
I have made a couple attempts to respond to this thread, and realize there is nothing anyone can write that is a 'right' answer. For all that it is is a sign of the times for people to be a mixture of many different cultures/races --- please also keep in mind that there are some still out here who have traced their ancestors as far as they can and learn that whatever race they were, they married within their race, again and again and again and again and again. Just as some choose (rightfully so) to marry bi/multi-racially, others have chosen and still choose to marry within their own race. It is not right or wrong - but it still exists. *****If an African (ex: Sajah) married an African etc etc etc etc etc for over 100 years - their ethnicity/race is African. Their country/nationality is: Africa. *****If the 6th or 7th generation male for instance comes to America, and becomes an American citizen, then he may choose to align himself with being African-American ethnicity (to differentiate between the African- Africans who stay in Africa and thus are still of African nationality). His (Sajah's) nationality: American. Once he becomes an American citizen, he legally relinquishes claiming Africa as his national/country of choice (unless he or others in certain circumstances retain dual-citizenship). His allegiance is to whatever country he can legally clain as his. Don't know about Africa, for instance, but in America we clain allegiance/citizenship to our country as a whole (not to a specific territory, city, county or whatever). This is my perspetice on things. I have studied sociology and cultures myself, but it was a few years ago -- a couple at least -- so feel free to post your mind about any disparities you feel exist. Bottom line for me is that for some, all they know is of being one race - with no mixing. That is what they and their ancestors have chosen to do, as far back as they can tell. Therefore, until/unless there are some legal changes - they should not be bashed or have others tell them that they are so of mixed-race - when all the stories of their ancestors and all their researches shows no such proof.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#159New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 07:54:26
@Fritzy Said

come at me bro!

n/a, New Mexico
#160New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 07:58:21
@DuLu Said

I have made a couple attempts to respond to this thread, and realize there is nothing anyone can write that is a 'right' answer. For all that it is is a sign of the times for people to be a mixture of many different cultures/races --- please also keep in mind that there are some still out here who have traced their ancestors as far as they can and learn that whatever race they were, they married within their race, again and again and again and again and again. Just as some choose (rightfully so) to marry bi/multi-racially, others have chosen and still choose to marry within their own race. It is not right or wrong - but it still exists. *****If an African (ex: Sajah) married an African etc etc etc etc etc for over 100 years - their ethnicity/race is African. Their country/nationality is: Africa. *****If the 6th or 7th generation male for instance comes to America, and becomes an American citizen, then he may choose to align himself with being African-American ethnicity (to differentiate between the African- Africans who stay in Africa and thus are still of African nationality). His (Sajah's) nationality: American. Once he becomes an American citizen, he legally relinquishes claiming Africa as his national/country of choice (unless he or others in certain circumstances retain dual-citizenship). His allegiance is to whatever country he can legally clain as his. Don't know about Africa, for instance, but in America we clain allegiance/citizenship to our country as a whole (not to a specific territory, city, county or whatever). This is my perspetice on things. I have studied sociology and cultures myself, but it was a few years ago -- a couple at least -- so feel free to post your mind about any disparities you feel exist. Bottom line for me is that for some, all they know is of being one race - with no mixing. That is what they and their ancestors have chosen to do, as far back as they can tell. Therefore, until/unless there are some legal changes - they should not be bashed or have others tell them that they are so of mixed-race - when all the stories of their ancestors and all their researches shows no such proof.

A very well writen post .

n/a, New Mexico
#161New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 08:19:39
This topic has always been a bit uncomfortable IRL because it is difficult to know who like spinkie refuses to hear African American and who like the other member prefers to hear African American , when I find my self being informed by someone who refuses to hear African American , I will just explain that from that point on I will use whatever they prefer ,but until I know I just go with whats PC.

It should be just as effective online where people get that false sense of bravado sitting behind their monitors .

@boxerdc Said

It's been my experience that when I'm actually speaking to people I generally call them by name..

I generally say "Tim" instead of "African American" or "Black"

When I'm talking to someone about someone else and they ask for a description, I'll say "the light skinned guy" or "the dark skinned guy" or the "latino guy"..

I can't ever imagine a time where I would refer to someone I was speaking to directly as "african american guy" or "black guy"..

But you live in a much different world than me, so perhaps that's normal for you.

@boxerdc Said

Sorry white girl.. I thought that you were saying what you actually said. And my saying that I get mistaken for Cuban does not mean that I'd like to be referred to as cuban..

So far you and muse are the only ones that feel like they "need" to know what to call people when race is involved. You seem obsessed with it. All I did was say that in my experience it's best to refer to people by their names, rather than the color of their skin when talking directly to them, and to refer to the color of their skin when being asked to describe them in the third person.

I'm guessing by your response to my statement that you don't have a whole lot of experience in social interactions in real life.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#162New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:14:14
If im describing someone I will say light skinned black or dark skinned black, tan white, pale white, dark or light skinned hispanic, dark or light skinned asian...Its not racist, and if you dont say it under your breath it wont come off racist...If someone takes offense to that, then they are too sensitive...If I know what country they are from, then I will say that.

example: "Did you see a light skinned, bald persian guy come through here? He is about yay tall and kinda chubby."

"Did you see a dark skinned black girl with a light brown perm come through? She was wearing a blue shirt and black pants."
Fritzy On April 15, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#163New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 12:32:51
@Coleosis Said

come at me bro!

boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#164New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 12:34:39
@white_swan53 Said

spinkie ask ' why the hell any white person cares '
I posted two quotes one was spinkie saying she refuses to be called African American , the other quote was another member saying she prefers to be called African American ,

I am not real sure where you get that first I take offence at black Americans choosing to be called African American instead of black . then say i am putting the blame on African Americans and claim that they are the ones that are acting all high and mighty, wanting more privileges than white Americans,
if you would be so kind as to show me where the hell you came up with this , I would surly appreciate it.

It's the way you write and carry your posts and how you underhandedly insult and then ask for information. The fact that you call people "little lady" and "boy" just prove that. So Boxer is the one that insulted you, but you instead choose to insult spinki when she hasn't name called you in any way. You hide behind a facade of being proper most of the time but it's clear that you talk two ways.

My comment still stand, you can dismiss them if you want, but obviously more than one person see what I see.
Fritzy On April 15, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#165New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 12:41:25
@shinobinoz Said

Fritzy's fault!
*hangs Fritzy in effigy*

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs