Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#181New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 02:04:11
@restoreone Said

I have over a hundred generations of American in me

Does it ever get crowded? So do I my dear friend, so do I!

Chicago, Illinois
#182New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 02:05:27
@boobagins Said

Are you also going to call all white Americans Caucasian Americans then? So you did so research on google and made an choice? Are those sources credible? And how do they effect your perspective on other races. It would seem unfair to call native born Americans that have black skin African American if you're not going to call all native born Americans with white skin Caucasian Americans and all native born Americans with brown skin Asian American and/or Native American and/or Latin American etc etc etc.

That was part of the problem with the first post. I mean seriously read the opening post.

White = American

Black = Black people instead American as he referred to himself.

Now, let put that quote to how it should be.

Not to mention that the last sentence is factually incorrect.\

And just look at the title of this thread.

African American OR Black!

Not

African American OR just plain AMERICAN as it should be, but BLACK.

LOOK. They don't even have an option of being Americans. It's just African American or Black.

And you're going to take offense to the fact that black skinned Americans instead choose to be called African American instead of black for what reason again? Whether many admit it or not, you're subconsciously segregating the races by choosing to call yourself American and African Americans black. God, who the hell wants to be refers to by the color of their skin while ever other race in American is either AMERICAN or Asian or Latino or another?

But no, you're then going to use reverse psychology and instead put the blame on African Americans and claim that they are the ones that are acting all high and mighty, wanting more privileges than white Americans, right? And you being the good knowledgeable citizen will indulge them and call them African Americans after you do your research for the sole reason of being politically correct instead of understanding the hurt behind why they want insist on being called African Americans over black.

This whole thread is a classic example of the subtle segregation that IS STILL GOING ON! Hell, it happened solely in the title and in the opening post, not even in all the other responses.

So let them fight for their RIGHT to be called something respectful because guess what, there is still a fight to be had because racism and segreation is still alive today, it's just in a more subtle form.

I couldn't agree more!
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#183New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 02:12:19
@Spinkiegirl Said

Does it ever get crowded? So do I my dear friend, so do I!

When they all talk at once it does get kind a hard to hear.

Chicago, Illinois
#184New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 02:13:44
@restoreone Said

When they all talk at once it does get kind a hard to hear.

There's meds for that.....
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#185New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 02:14:57
@Spinkiegirl Said

There's meds for that.....

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh then they would not let me fly.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#186New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 02:46:44
@shinobinoz Said

and the "little lady" and "boy" part is??????

The word 'boy' fit well with the whole sarcastic undertone of the post .

She has taken to calling me 'lady' so I in return call her the same. And the word 'little' is because chameleon's are little creatures only about 3 inch's long.

n/a, New Mexico
#187New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 03:04:15
@Spinkiegirl Said

Spinkiegirl KNOWS exactly "what it is she wants".....you DON'T have a clue as to what a "perfect world" is to me!

@Spinkiegirl Said

Look, you or anyone else on this planet, can call me whatever the hell you want to! But DON'T think for one second....what you call me, is gonna somehow OFFEND me! Because it won't......I don't allow myself to get offended by anything someone calls me. You say you "believe" your "conclusion is correct?" well maybe for "the majority" as you put it.......but this bi-racial AMERICAN prefers to be called just an "AMERICAN!" I was born in this country, therefore what do you call a person born in America? I call them AMERICAN.....just like I am!

I have the right to freedom of expression and as long as it isn't hurting anyone I can say whatever I want. So you go on and say or do whatever it is you want to and leave me to do the same.
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#188New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 03:27:26
I can't imagine what the big deal over African American can be. I call myself African American.

What did yall say was the problem again?

Chicago, Illinois
#189New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 03:28:37
@white_swan53 Said

I have the right to freedom of expression and as long as it isn't hurting anyone I can say whatever I want. So you go on and say or do whatever it is you want to and leave me to do the same.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!!! See, I told you once before, you and I can agree on something.

Chicago, Illinois
#190New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 03:41:44
@cisslybee2012 Said

I can't imagine what the big deal over African American can be. I call myself African American.

What did yall say was the problem again?

I only expressed my opposition to being called or referred to as an "African American"......simply because i'am NOT!!! I am an AMERICAN....end of story for me! And I also don't have an issue with ANYONE wanting to call themselves whatever they want! Personally, I will NOT answer if someone referred to me as an "African American"....I might simply look at them and maybe ask "are you talking to me?" if they say "why yes I was."......Then depending on my mood, I would simply CORRECT them, and tell them that I am NOT "African American"....I was born here in America.....and wouldn't that then make me an "AMERICAN?" You seem like a very interesting and highly intelligent beautiful woman to me.....and I will respectfully honor what you prefer to be called!

Chicago, Illinois
#191New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 03:58:35
@white_swan53 Said

The word 'boy' fit well with the whole sarcastic undertone of the post .

She has taken to calling me 'lady' so I in return call her the same. And the word 'little' is because chameleon's are little creatures only about 3 inch's long.

Yeah right....I don't by that for one second! I called you "lady"...because isn't that what you are? I mean you're a woman correct? And when the few times i've said it, it wasn't meant to put you down. But you adding and attempting to belittle me by saying "little is because chameleon's are little creatures" again, speaks volumes to the content of your character, because CLEARLY...i'am NOT a CREATURE.....I am a human being. If you know anything about America's on going RACISM from our past all the way up until today 8/19/2011 then you would realize that a white person calling a black man "boy" is something you just wouldn't DARE call that black man to his face! But if you feel so inclined to do so...please, come back and let us all know how that worked out in your favor, that is if you can even speak after wards....
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#192New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 09:07:05
O()^&%*(&&Y&^%&*^%$&*#$#$%^&#@

What about two different situations, where it is accepted and known that the person's nationality is American, but:

#1) aside from the fact that their nationality is American,
what do you think the majority (say 90 out of 100) would check as their race, if they were filling out an application for anything --- and let's further suppose
that these 100 applicants are what is stereotypically known as African-Americans.
#2) same situation, 90 out of 100 people (those the world would perceive stereotypically as African American - if they were to answer truthfully, and if they were to answer the question asked, rather then divert the question. -- how would 90 of 100 respond, if they were asked (just out of friendly intrigue/curiosity or as part of socially chatting): "Love your accent, or you have such beautiful eyes/face (whatever) -- what (race/enthnicity/culture) are you from"? ..... because it is soo different, sooo interesting then others I am familiar with, and I'd love to learn more---that type of thing.

n/a, New Mexico
#193New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 10:52:08
@Spinkiegirl Said

Yeah right....I don't by that for one second! I called you "lady"...because isn't that what you are? I mean you're a woman correct? And when the few times i've said it, it wasn't meant to put you down. But you adding and attempting to belittle me by saying "little is because chameleon's are little creatures" again, speaks volumes to the content of your character, because CLEARLY...i'am NOT a CREATURE.....I am a human being. If you know anything about America's on going RACISM from our past all the way up until today 8/19/2011 then you would realize that a white person calling a black man "boy" is something you just wouldn't DARE call that black man to his face! But if you feel so inclined to do so...please, come back and let us all know how that worked out in your favor, that is if you can even speak after wards....

My goodness, i find it pretty strange that you don't know that your buddy isn't an African American man.
@boxerdc Said

I get mistaken for Cuban as well. My mother is French and English, my father is Caribe and Brazilian.. So my birth certificate says I'm black, (I was born before civil rights legislation), but I'm pretty fair skinned.

When I fill out forms now, I choose "other".

I have posted to you that your posting style brings to mind a chameleon ,like those found all over Florida which BTW are little creatures about 3 inches long. Not in that post nor in this post here did I call you a chameleon.
You sure do make a lot of posts using this statement "volumes to the content of your character" as if you were entitled to sit in judgement of some one'ss chacter.
Now this makes at least 3 times that I can remember you telling me to go find an African American man and say something to him that is very racist and totally unacceptable. I think you must enjoy the idea of some white person being beat up by an African American man . What ever floats your boat .
So what problem do you have that I call you the same thing you call me ?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#194New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 19:59:36
@Spinkiegirl Said

You answered it for me! Thanks!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#195New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 20:04:14
@white_swan53 Said

My goodness, i find it pretty strange that you don't know that your buddy isn't an African American man.

I have posted to you that your posting style brings to mind a chameleon ,like those found all over Florida which BTW are little creatures about 3 inches long. Not in that post nor in this post here did I call you a chameleon.
You sure do make a lot of posts using this statement "volumes to the content of your character" as if you were entitled to sit in judgement of some one'ss chacter.
Now this makes at least 3 times that I can remember you telling me to go find an African American man and say something to him that is very racist and totally unacceptable. I think you must enjoy the idea of some white person being beat up by an African American man . What ever floats your boat .
So what problem do you have that I call you the same thing you call me ?

I think you are confusing the Chameleon (non-native species) with the Anole.
Which is about twice the size of 3 inches.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs