African Americans for Obama? Really?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#106New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 07:03:57
@sTreetAngeL Said

There is always the internet though, and libraries... And parents and family. That was my point.

oh stop confusing the point with facts or reality.
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#107New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:01:57
@snafu Said

Pretty good,first thread I decide to check out and there is a hot debate going on.I love debates.Its easy to tell the Left from the Right.May I join in.Oh,Im sorry I didnt say Im snafu.I didnt see an introduction thread so I just picked one out to check out.
Is there a thread to meet you folks on?

Jump in, no formalities required.

n/a, New Mexico
#108New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:17:21
@Pcptrvanion Said

https://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/how_groups_voted/voted_08.html

Although both of these polls seem to hint that the bulk of Mr. Obama's votes came from under-educated, city-dwelling, minorities who were voting for the first time.

Oh dear , I didn't see hear or smell anything even vaguely sounding like 'minorities who were voting for the first time'. did I ? Nothing towards you Pcptrvanion.
It is just that every time I would bring that hint up the first 18 months of Obama being in office there were some here that would ponce like ugly on ape , demanding i admit I'm racist and have no hope of ever living a real life unless i change ,,,, you get the picture,,,,

USA,
#109New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:22:05
@white_swan53 Said

Oh dear , I didn't see hear or smell anything even vaguely sounding like 'minorities who were voting for the first time'. did I ? Nothing towards you Pcptrvanion.
It is just that every time I would bring that hint up the first 18 months of Obama being in office there were some here that would ponce like ugly on ape , demanding i admit I'm racist and have no hope of ever living a real life unless i change ,,,, you get the picture,,,,

hahaha! That lazy old race card!!!

n/a, New Mexico
#110New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:30:28
@Cinnamon Said

hahaha! That lazy old race card!!!

I tell you what, I had never been accused of being a racist more than once or twice in my life before 2008. Where I live and have lived all my life, white people have always been the minority.
But after November 2008, all it takes to have people who don't know a damn thing about me screaming racist %$#@*& at me is for me to say i didn't vote for Obama. And if you think those screamers would give half a second for someone to give a reason your fooling yourself.

USA,
#111New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 16:33:12
@white_swan53 Said

I tell you what, I had never been accused of being a racist more than once or twice in my life before 2008. Where I live and have lived all my life, white people have always been the minority.
But after November 2008, all it takes to have people who don't know a damn thing about me screaming racist %$#@*& at me is for me to say i didn't vote for Obama. And if you think those screamers would give half a second for someone to give a reason your fooling yourself.

Well, that's the difference between us. I don't think they deserve any reasons or answers - unless I'm feeling overly generous that day. Otherwise, they're unworthy. You saw yesterday where some clown was trying to tell me about my heritage and bloodline - and knew nothing about me. LOL Remember, I said I send St. Patrick's day cards and he told me I'm not Irish, I'm from the USA? hahah, you can't make this stuff up.

Sometimes there's nothing to do but chalk it up to sick humor.

n/a, New Mexico
#112New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:06:28
@Cinnamon Said

Well, that's the difference between us. I don't think they deserve any reasons or answers - unless I'm feeling overly generous that day. Otherwise, they're unworthy. You saw yesterday where some clown was trying to tell me about my heritage and bloodline - and knew nothing about me. LOL Remember, I said I send St. Patrick's day cards and he told me I'm not Irish, I'm from the USA? hahah, you can't make this stuff up.

Sometimes there's nothing to do but chalk it up to sick humor.

Sick , I will agree with. But humor ? No ,I can find no humor in racism.
I don't believe the poster had racisum in mind when he commented about St. Paddy day cards. I can't begin to say what he was thinking but i do have an idea.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#113New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 23:04:37
@boxerdc Said

Could that be because he was a black man?

Crispus Attucks

Or...as I said...I've never heard the name of the First Casualty of ANY war listed.
Black, Yellow, Purple, or Green.

I have occassionally heard the names of the LAST casualties given but I don't recall ever hearing their ethnicities given.

Most of us really don't care that much people's race.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#114New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 23:05:52
@boxerdc Said

Of course, being white, you've never experienced that, so you wouldn't know.

Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#115New Post! Feb 28, 2012 @ 01:11:29
@snafu Said

Pretty good,first thread I decide to check out and there is a hot debate going on.I love debates.Its easy to tell the Left from the Right.May I join in.Oh,Im sorry I didnt say Im snafu.I didnt see an introduction thread so I just picked one out to check out.
Is there a thread to meet you folks on?

Well welcome to TFS! Have a great time...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs