Toddler Missing in Portugal

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...11 12 13 · >>
fesster On December 08, 2008

found under stones, United Kin
#61New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 11:25:58
@treacle Said
Yes. I feel it does matter. By stating that they are ignorant doesnt in any way, shape or form detract from the awfulness of this case. But it needs to be said. Its a fact, and something I feel everyone should be aware of.
This may never have happened had THEY not gone out for a meal, nor had THEY left the kids, or had THEY only checked on them every half hour...or even more to the point if THEY had of used the babysitting/childminding facilities provided by the Hotel.

So that answers your question....YES I feel it is very important.

Treac's you aint got kids but you are SO right.

Parents HAVE responsibility's !!!!
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#62New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 11:27:45
@markfox01 Said
I read something about a russian syndicate that steals children and sells them to rich people.

Hey, maybe all those businessmen are offering these humongous rewards because they know she'll never be found...
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#63New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 11:28:39
@markfox01 Said
I read something about a russian syndicate that steals children and sells them to rich people.

A La the Madonnas of this world or for more sinister purposes?
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#64New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 11:29:42
@fesster Said
Treac's you aint got kids but you are SO right.

Parents HAVE responsibility's !!!!

Thanks babe. im not saying that the parents leaving the child is worse than the child being taken and whats happened. But its connected and people need to realise that had they not f***ed up, she would still be here.

Like you said, i dont have kids....but i put money on the fact that they wouldnt have left them like that at home...so what on earth made them feel it was ok on a holiday???

And whats more baffling is the hotel has a running childminding facillity that the parents didnt want to know about
bazza On September 19, 2007

manchester, United Kingdom
#65New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 11:29:59
this is so horrible it mkes me
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#66New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 11:33:16
I dont think they will find her alive. I am praying they will but i sincerely doubt it.

Its the same as Little Sarah Payne, towards the end you pray they are dead....how do you put a child right if they hve lived through torment, torture and abuse???
mrs_bear On January 03, 2008

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#67New Post! May 14, 2007 @ 14:09:03
I am disgusted by the parents!! If it happened in the U.K., social services would be involved and in my opinion SHOULD be involved.
I respect people want to find her safe (and I hope she is) but why are people offering money. No-one offered money for Jessica Chapmen and Holly Wells (Ian huntley murdered in 2002)

I just can't believe the parents can be so careless. There are pheadophiles all over the world, no matter where you go. Its a sick world we live in.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#68New Post! May 15, 2007 @ 11:08:50
Good to hear this morning that police seem to have made some headway in their investigation having questioned a suspect and carried out 14 hours forensic examination of his appartment. Let's hope their investigation proves fruitful and we get the safe return of Maddie.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#70New Post! May 15, 2007 @ 11:18:57
@treacle Said
I dont think they will find her alive. I am praying they will but i sincerely doubt it.

Its the same as Little Sarah Payne, towards the end you pray they are dead....how do you put a child right if they hve lived through torment, torture and abuse???

i agree with you treacs. it's horrible but at the end of the day, if she's been abused, tortured and tormented by someone for a while then she's got to live with that for the rest of her life, if they havent killed her. It might sound heartless but sometimes it's better that the child was killed rather than live with those memories.
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#71New Post! May 15, 2007 @ 17:01:50
I too think it was appalling that her and her two younger siblings were left alone like that. I spoke to my dad about it and he surprised me by saying that he and mum used to leave me and my brother on holiday. We used to stay in next door appartments to our friends and each alternate night one couple would leave the kids and go next door. They locked the door behind them, of course, and checked reglarly. And also, things were a lot safer in those days.

I think it's something a lot of parents do... although probably far less people will do this from now on.

I'm surprised they declined the creche option within the hotel though, my parents didn't have any option like that.

I don't condone what Maddy's parents, or what my parents, did... but I'm putting forward the fact that it isn't ignorant parenting, it's probably more likely a trust in the safety to the hotel room, especially since, as we now know; this is such a rare crime in this area that the police weren't trained in how to handle it at all....

My brother and I were 6 and 4 though, and we knew that mummy and daddy were next door if we needed them. I think this will make a lot of people open their eyes to the dangers around even in a foreign country.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#72New Post! May 16, 2007 @ 20:56:26
What is the craic with the guy the police have named as their prime suspect intheir investigation into Maddie's disappearance? They question him for 12 hours and take his home apart then release him for the press to have a field day with him.

I think this is very strange.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#73New Post! May 16, 2007 @ 21:00:10
They need a skape goat to make it seem like they are doing a proper job.
perspicacious On November 28, 2014

?, United Kingdom
#74New Post! May 16, 2007 @ 21:04:19
I don't like the way they've set up a limited company to collect money.

They are using it "to procure that Madeleine?s abduction is thoroughly investigated". That implies the police aren't doing a good enough job for them. What are they going to do with the money anyway? Bribe the cops to work faster? Hire Magnum PI to sort it out?

This is the real reason they set it up. "To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine?s family."
So, that means they are hanging out in Portugal on every one else's money, hiring overpaid lawyers to waste everyone's time. They are doctors, and staying in the resort for free. Why do they need thousands of pounds of donated money?

Children are abducted every day. Some of them don't even make the press. Most people just rely on the authorities to do their best. This lot think they are special. They have used the publicity to make money in my opinion. The dad looks like he can't be trusted as far as you can kick him.

I think they are t***s. Scumbags.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#75New Post! Jun 13, 2007 @ 16:30:40
A Dutch newspaper said on Wednesday it had received an anonymous letter describing a possible location where the "body" of missing Madeleine McCann could be found in Portugal.

Dutch police said they had received the letter from De Telegraaf, the Netherlands' biggest selling newspaper, and had sent it on to authorities in Portugal.

"We are following up this information," Portuguese police chief inspector Olegario de Sousa told Reuters, declining to give further details.

Alongside the letter were two sheets of paper with a map of an area of the Algarve in southern Portugal, 15 kilometres (nine miles) from the spot where Madeleine, who disappeared at the beginning of May, was last seen.

By a cross and two question marks on the map was written "possible place where Madeleine could be found."

According to the letter, written in Dutch, Madeleine could be found "to the north of the path, under branches or stones, about six or seven metres from the path."

The parents of the missing girl have conducted a high profile campaign to try to trace her since she disappeared from a holiday apartment.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKL1318890220070613
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs