markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#32New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 11:17:57
@shug Said
In the empty pockets of space, matter actually appears and DISAPPEARS
constantly. So where is this matter going? Through wormholes of TIME
and space, perhaps?

Is that dark matter?? but ye worm hole theory aswell.. they all add up to something bigger than we can ever understand IMO.. but its so interesting...

No treebs i aint read that..
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 11:31:52
yeah if you like this sort of thing, i recommend it, its tongue in cheek for rudy rucker, and actually i was able to follow it, a 2 day book, easy read, delightful
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#34New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 11:37:59
@erlend Said
If we do discover time travel in the future, why haven't those time travelers started showing up in our time?

Wiki about a time traveller
msparrish On September 07, 2006

White Bear, Minnesota
#35New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 17:50:36
I loved it when Homer sneezed and the animals, systematically, fell down. His only response was, "This is gonna cost me."
If time travel were possible though I'd love going back and meet William Powell. I'd try to seduce the pants right off him.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#36New Post! Sep 08, 2006 @ 00:31:32
in this order

1960's

1920's

1870's

one million years bc... raquel here i come

2525 will man still be alive?
ipwninternets On August 05, 2008

Wollongong, Australia
#37New Post! Sep 13, 2006 @ 10:46:47
my GOD the philosiphy and science of time travel is so complicated, and sooooooooo convoluted that even entertaining the idea Of timetravel is borderline ludicrous. But you never know what wight happen intime. after all people said ol' whatsisface was crazy for trying to make a light filament from tungsten. but time travle is like 50billion times more complicated, no exaggeration. Anyhoo seriously with all the things that are possibly happening on this and other planes of existance, time travle is all but impossible. sorry to burst your bubbles people.
nanorman On June 05, 2013

Unfortunatly Arklow, Ireland
#38New Post! Sep 30, 2006 @ 11:59:46
Even by living we're changing the future, so why not change it if we can to something positive!? Steven hawking totally believes we can never, but in the 19th century people believed everything was invented
One theory that I have is that if Aliens do exist they may be ourselves in the future, because If you look at how we are evolving, we're turning into them! Larger heads (skinny limbs due to extended periods in zero gravity) bigger eyes and pupils due to lack of light in space etc, just mad. The may problem wiht timetravel is the human race would be completly altered no one that lived in the first time would exist in the second. Or if we did "time travel" we may just go to another dimension because you can change time, only the time that hasn't happend????? madness......sorry for the madness BYE!
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#39New Post! Sep 30, 2006 @ 13:38:50
@ipwninternets Said
my GOD the philosiphy and science of time travel is so complicated, and sooooooooo convoluted that even entertaining the idea Of timetravel is borderline ludicrous. But you never know what wight happen intime. after all people said ol' whatsisface was crazy for trying to make a light filament from tungsten. but time travle is like 50billion times more complicated, no exaggeration. Anyhoo seriously with all the things that are possibly happening on this and other planes of existance, time travle is all but impossible. sorry to burst your bubbles people.

Oh no...
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#40New Post! Sep 30, 2006 @ 13:41:13
@nanorman Said
Even by living we're changing the future, so why not change it if we can to something positive!? Steven hawking totally believes we can never, but in the 19th century people believed everything was invented
One theory that I have is that if Aliens do exist they may be ourselves in the future, because If you look at how we are evolving, we're turning into them! Larger heads (skinny limbs due to extended periods in zero gravity) bigger eyes and pupils due to lack of light in space etc, just mad. The may problem wiht timetravel is the human race would be completly altered no one that lived in the first time would exist in the second. Or if we did "time travel" we may just go to another dimension because you can change time, only the time that hasn't happend????? madness......sorry for the madness BYE!

The theory about the aliens actually sounds pretty plausible! If time travel is discovered several millennia from now, we might be so alienated from our past identity that we get serious problems when trying to communicate with our former selves. Thanks, Norman!
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#41New Post! Sep 30, 2006 @ 17:38:13
idont wona know wat will happen.. cuz if we know our future.. then there is nothing important or exciting for us to live for.. so why bother,
sometimes change few events in the past wont hurt anyone.. like telling somebody ur relative like grandparents,, or somehting that u love them be4 they die.. or being there by their side.. or watever.. or something simple.. it wont hurt at all.. or changing the descision of going to that uni instead of the other(which i regret deeply,,, i said no to the better uni ) it wont hurt,..
coldfire On January 23, 2010

Kelowna, Canada
#42New Post! Oct 18, 2006 @ 18:09:57
@erlend Said
If we do discover time travel in the future, why haven't those time travelers started showing up in our time?

Why would they? Everything that happens nowadays is recorded (anything important anyways) If anyone could time travel, it would be reasonable to assume that they would go back to a time that no one is sure about, such as the dark ages, or back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, or before writing was even invented. There would be no reason for them to time travel to our time.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#43New Post! Oct 18, 2006 @ 18:16:16
@coldfire Said
Why would they? Everything that happens nowadays is recorded (anything important anyways) If anyone could time travel, it would be reasonable to assume that they would go back to a time that no one is sure about, such as the dark ages, or back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, or before writing was even invented. There would be no reason for them to time travel to our time.

Ye there will to taste the s*** fat aresed food!!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#44New Post! Oct 21, 2006 @ 03:58:13
I've travelled through thyme.
augustsmith On January 18, 2007

Deleted

, New York
#45New Post! Oct 23, 2006 @ 20:34:40
To put my two (or three) cents in:
I don't think time travel into the past is possible. Of course, time travel into the future is easy. However, if time travel into the past is possible, then nothing will change, even if you do; for if people travel into the past, that means they already travelled into the past, and what happened already happened. Travelling into the past will not change what already happened.
There's a thought.

August Smith
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs