Physics

Time Travel

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
jck200 On April 22, 2009

cardiff, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 17:33:53
Of course people who think time travel is clock watching they can have clocks showing different times which somehow translates into time travel for them.

Time in reality is the instant things happen and we are not aware of those instants because it takes a moment for our brains to decode what has happened in the instant. The brain however does have the instant information slightly ahead of us being aware of it so given the brain is not too overloaded we can react to something by what we call instinct such as catching a cup as it falls...this is because the brain is ahead of us and activates motor neurons to make the instinctive catch.

john
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#17New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 17:37:41
I don't believe time travel is possible at all, years, days, hours, minutes and seconds are just references to point in ermm urrmmmm time I guess
jck200 On April 22, 2009

cardiff, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 17:45:42
If anyone thinks that every atom of every moment is kept for all aternity back in time just in case someone decides to go back in time then we are in trouble.

john
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#19New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 17:46:17
clocks are just tools to track the progress of time
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#20New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 17:50:37
The point is, if time travel was possible, do you think that if they like for example, killed someone in the past for that person's crimes in the future or present, don't you think it will just turn into a slippery slope of excuses to kill someone?
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#21New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 18:04:53
@sugarflyguy Said

The point is, if time travel was possible, do you think that if they like for example, killed someone in the past for that person's crimes in the future or present, don't you think it will just turn into a slippery slope of excuses to kill someone?

kinda like that film Minority Report?
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#22New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 18:08:36
Yeah, exactly skottie
ultra On February 13, 2010

bermondsey, United Kingdom
#23New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 22:39:05
Going into the past is a hotly debated thing in the science world, but it is far from the DR Who rubbish and stargate and star trek series. the theory stands that if you can spin light itself fast enough you can bend the space-time continuum therefore when you step into it due to its spiralling nature you will be spun back to the point in time that you wanted coming out at the point of the spiral of yoour choosing. the only problem is that you can only go back as far as the machine was switched on and there isnt really any way u can get to the future. this principle was based mostly on research on the black hole phenomena, which is of a similar nature.

i also take the stance that using a naturally ocuring worm hole in space to go back in time is futile, i believe that worm holes take you to other parts of the galaxy in a impossibly short space of time rather than taking your back and forward in time. i suspect that the only REAL object out there that can possibly take you back in time is the black holes, but of course, there is no way you will be sending a ship in one of those lol!.
glassman55 On November 01, 2010

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#24New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 22:47:43
I believe it could be possible, we just haven't proved it is or isn't yet.

When I get deja vu, it reminds me of a dvd that is scratched. It will skip and accidentally show you a further part while you are sleeping, then go back to the part that you were originally 'watching', so to speak.
jd873 On July 04, 2009

New York, New York
#25New Post! Jun 27, 2009 @ 02:42:21
@jck200 Said

At every instant every atom would need to be located in a so called past so that those atoms would be there when you got there.

Now if that seems remotely likely to anyone then you have already time travelled.

I did think that if you were on a galaxy at the edge of the universe you would see the light from the earth from 14 billion years ago but apparently light does not last forever before it becomes corrupted so then I wonder how they get the light from these furthest galaxies if that is the case.

john

the "light" you are talking about is visible light of wavelengths your eyes can interpret and "see". The light that you observe from distant galaxies is changed to microwaves (longer wavelength, lower frequency than visible light). It is still light, still part of the spectrum of emr, just not light that you can "see"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs