Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
jinks On May 17, 2009

Deleted

no place in particular,
#31New Post! Apr 28, 2009 @ 23:10:15
@crankshaft Said

The whole world would become one big stinking, flie ridden, disease infested rock. Gnaw on that awhile veggie muncher.

It's not?
I really should get out more.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 14:00:46
@crankshaft Said

Hey rogy. If we are animals too, then it should be ok for us to eat meat. Some animals eat meat, vegetation and fruit, (check out bears).
So, what's your beef?

Ah, yes, but we don't get off the hook on that basis. We are also regarded as moral agents (many human beings anyway) rather than moral patients. This means we can understand ethics and can know the difference between right and wrong.

Call it a burden if you like.

If other animals developed the capacity to be morally aware and were able to live with violating the rights of others, then they would be equally burdened.

It is not a good argument to suggest that you want to do something merely because you benefit and it feels good. Some people seem to like to harm others and get pleasure from doing so. Some people like to have sexual relations with small children or various nonhuman animals. No doubt they claim that they get pleasure from such activities: this saying nothing about their morality.

rogY
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#33New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 14:23:27
HORRORS! I just rolled over on my sofa and squashed a cockroach.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 14:38:23
@crankshaft Said

Sounds like an accident to me (although I am seeing Men in Black I have to be honest).

rogY
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#35New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 17:33:07
@crankshaft Said

sounds like you need to clean better...
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#36New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 18:08:40
@rogy Said

Sounds like an accident to me (although I am seeing Men in Black I have to be honest).

rogY

Rogy, animals were put here for our use. Use as food, use to make clothing, and as draft animals. They were not intended to be just looked at. That idea came about when the nut groups from the outer limits started taking hold. Peta etc. Animals should not be abused or tortured but humanely killed or disposed of. That's the only right animals have. Humans have more rights because we are a higher life form. That's what I believe, in spite of all the preaching about the veggie life style. I won't change and I'm sure you won't either. Ain't you got a garden to weed?
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 18:39:56
@crankshaft Said

Rogy, animals were put here for our use. Use as food, use to make clothing, and as draft animals. They were not intended to be just looked at. That idea came about when the nut groups from the outer limits started taking hold. Peta etc. Animals should not be abused or tortured but humanely killed or disposed of. That's the only right animals have. Humans have more rights because we are a higher life form. That's what I believe, in spite of all the preaching about the veggie life style. I won't change and I'm sure you won't either. Ain't you got a garden to weed?

Hi, just back from weeding. You are lucky to have caught me!

"Put here for us" - what does that mean - by a god?

The idea that nonhuman animals are a legitimate category of moral concern dates rather further back than PeTA. What does a 'higher life form' actually mean? That we can talk English? That we can understand ethics? That we cannot seem to live without bringing the whole planet to a shutdown?

rogY
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#38New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 18:42:30
@crankshaft Said

Maybe your an animal but I'm a human. Rogy don't seem to know the difference. Guess you don't either.

humans are animals. i guess you failed 1st grade biology....

Zombie Slayer

#39New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 18:45:54
@crankshaft Said

WRONG! animals were not "put here for our use," they were here long before we evolved. What the f*** makes you think that humans are all perfect and s*** for you to be glorifying our destructive species? Humans are a terminal cancer, period.
Zombie Slayer

#40New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 19:05:42
@DestenyGrace Said

Terminal cancer?
Don't you generally try to remove a cancer from it's host...
Time to get rid of hazuki0chan!

I agree with Crankshaft. Humans are above other animals. They may have been here before we evolved... but we were the ones that continued to evolve and become what we are now.

don't go there. wanna pick a fight with me? huh?

humans in general are a terminal cancer, genious.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#41New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 19:09:51
@DestenyGrace Said

Terminal cancer?
Don't you generally try to remove a cancer from it's host...
Time to get rid of hazuki0chan!

I agree with Crankshaft. Humans are above other animals. They may have been here before we evolved... but we were the ones that continued to evolve and become what we are now.

if we are indeed 'above' all other animals, does that not place on us the responsibility to take care of everything beneath us? im not saying we shouldnt eat meat, shouldnt ever kill an animal-- thats just nature, but some people on here have such a disgusting view that the world is only there for man to plunder and exploit however we wish... if we are indeed the highest species, that doesnt mean that we can do whatever we want with the world-- it means that we are charged with making sure the world remains balanced...
DestenyGrace On January 03, 2012

Pendleton, Oregon
#42New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 19:10:41
@hazuki0chan Said

don't go there. wanna pick a fight with me? huh?

humans in general are a terminal cancer, genious.

Alrighty, if that's what you believe, why aren't you running around saying we should just kill all the humans? It would be so much better for the planet, right? And that is what's important, isn't it? Kinda like that stupid Keanu Reeves movie.
Again, if the human race is a terminal cancer, then why don't we just remove it? Generally, that's what one tries to do when there is cancer present in a host.

Pendleton, Oregon
#43New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 19:11:32
@chisa96 Said

if we are indeed 'above' all other animals, does that not place on us the responsibility to take care of everything beneath us? im not saying we shouldnt eat meat, shouldnt ever kill an animal-- thats just nature, but some people on here have such a disgusting view that the world is only there for man to plunder and exploit however we wish... if we are indeed the highest species, that doesnt mean that we can do whatever we want with the world-- it means that we are charged with making sure the world remains balanced...

I disagree.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#44New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 19:12:52
@DestenyGrace Said

I disagree.

ok. good for you.

Pendleton, Oregon
#45New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 19:13:55
@chisa96 Said