Lawyer Denies Leaking George Zimmerman's Medical Report

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#31New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 00:16:22
@DorkySupergirl Said

I am not saying that because one is taking drugs with those side effects, they are going to get those side effects but its something the prosecution is going to look into to help their case.

A man with a concealed permit to carry a gun on medication that can cause hallucinations, aggression, violence and paranoia is relevant to the prosecution if it can raise doubt to self defense and/or help their case. Saying that, the defense is aware of the medications so they can have legal experts to argue what you said and the prosecution can have legal experts to argue the meds played a part.

Did the meds play a part, I have no idea but questions can and probably will be raised about it.

We know that PCP causes violence and aggression so if Martin was on PCP and that instead of low amounts of THC that was found in his blood, it could help to establish he was aggressive that night due to PCP so this is just a thing that can be used to say Zimmerman was aggressive and violent that night and suspicious due to paranoia due to his meds.

See that's something i've never heard about "PCP".........and i've never known anyone being involved in anything violent while under the influence of "PCP".......that's just me though, everyone is different, and I get your point!
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#32New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 00:16:32
@Spinkiegirl Said

How in the hell does that make sense? You believe zimmerman didn't profile Martin, yet you believe Martin "fit the profile"......PROFILE of what? A criminal? If so, why? Surly not because of what he was wearing or that he was a black youth? Think about it.... zimmerman should have stayed is gun carrying a** in his vehicle.....

Racial profiling is when you suspect someone of doing something because of the color and not due to their behavior.

So if Martin was black and he was suspicious because he was black in a white neighborhood, that is racial profiling.

I am a white woman. If my street had a few homes broken into and the suspect was white, its racial profiling to me, to pull me or, stop me or want to talk to me just because I am white. I would need to fit the description better of the suspect or I would need to be acting suspiciously.

If Zimmerman thought Martin was acting in a suspicious manner that is not racial profiling to me. But if someone black the week before is alleged to have broken into a home and Martin was not suspicious but just is black and that is why someone wanted to talk to him, pull him over, stop him on the street, that is racial profiling to me.

Chicago, Illinois
#33New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 00:21:41
@white_swan53 Said

Look, Zimmerman had been carrying that firearm for a long time before the night he and martin crossed paths.
and had been taking those drugs for quite sometime time before that night.
I'm convinced that both Zimmerman and Martin should have handles themselves and the situation differently. if they had then both would probably be alive and free today .
I do not believe Zimmerman profiled martin . I do believe martin fit the profile . That gated community had several break-in ins and robberies and the ones that had been caught doing some of the robberies were young black males. If at the point in time that the one seen a young black male , and the other had seen a neighborhood watch guy , if right then both had handled the situation different Martin would be ditching classes and writing graffiti on school lockers and Zimmerman would be working with insurance and patrolling the streets of his neighborhood evenings. JMO

How condescending of you.... and had zimmerman been beating up his ex girlfriends and resisting arrest, you fill in the blanks.........how can speak so ill about a dead youth? What if it were YOUR 17yr son?????

Chicago, Illinois
#34New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 00:24:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

Racial profiling is when you suspect someone of doing something because of the color and not due to their behavior.

So if Martin was black and he was suspicious because he was black in a white neighborhood, that is racial profiling.

I am a white woman. If my street had a few homes broken into and the suspect was white, its racial profiling to me, to pull me or, stop me or want to talk to me just because I am white. I would need to fit the description better of the suspect or I would need to be acting suspiciously.

If Zimmerman thought Martin was acting in a suspicious manner that is not racial profiling to me. But if someone black the week before is alleged to have broken into a home and Martin was not suspicious but just is black and that is why someone wanted to talk to him, pull him over, stop him on the street, that is racial profiling to me.

Right my friend...but at this point...i'm done with Swan and the bulls*** in her posts in this thread about a dead kid! No compassion for Martin who for all we know, could have been INNOCENT!!! Also, folks NEED to realize that every black male in this country ISN'T a f***ing criminal...
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#35New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 16:54:54
@white_swan53 Said

That is exactly what my thoughts were when i read that it is Martins parents lawyer doing the accusing and making the statements about what i or isn't included in the court records.
And why the hell did Zimmerman's lawyer even acknowledge the parents lawyer , much less actually respond to her .

You are not concerned about the leak of the medical findings?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#36New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 16:56:41
@LuckyCharms Said

To be fair to Natalie Jackson, she has done quite a few good things as well. And many cases she has taken pro bono. I have no idea about the validity of the rumor or not - I couldn't find anything after an extensive trip through google.

I don't agree with trying it in the media first - never have, never will. I think it has a deleterious effect on justice. I also agree with DSG in that it's likely to taint the jury pool and make it that much harder to settle the issue.

If she is right and Zimmerman's defense leaked information who is trying this in the court of public opinion & who is trying to undo the damage?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#37New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 16:57:24
@white_swan53 Said

About the drug warnings . I was thinking along the lines of not operating heavy equipment or driving while taking the drugs. .

Or guns?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#38New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 16:58:10
@Spinkiegirl Said

But wouldn't it make SENSE, that if you are warned not to do those things while using the meds, surly a loaded hand gun would fit in that as well?

You beat me to it sis!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#39New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 17:03:45
@white_swan53 Said

If the prescription he was taking came with a warning label on the bottle that persons taking that drug shouldn't operate equipment or drive and he was caught driving . He would have been arrested for DUI and been taken into custody . so , you have been following the case closely.
Is there such a warning on either of the bottles that he is taking meds from ? If you don't have access to that sort of info. Where do you get that if he shouldn't be driving then he shouldn't be allowed to carry a loaded firearm?

What I am saying here is this . You sem to have a probnlem with the fact that Zimmerman is taking prescription drugs , and that he is a carring a firearm and that these two facts should in some way make a str\onger case against him and make him guilty by default.

But, he is under a doctors care and the drugs are his prescrition and part of his treatment. And the firearm is registored to him and he does have a permit to carry it.
These facts make the two seperate things legal.

Do we know what drugs? The ones I've heard reported are:
Adderall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

& Temazepam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temazepam#Special_caution_needed
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#40New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 17:41:59
@shinobinoz Said

If she is right and Zimmerman's defense leaked information who is trying this in the court of public opinion & who is trying to undo the damage?

If she is correct then it's wrong also. No one should be leaking any info. On either side.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#41New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 17:55:49
@LuckyCharms Said

If she is correct then it's wrong also. No one should be leaking any info. On either side.

I know that two wrongs don't make a right, but if she is right- is it right for her NOT to make it public and help her client stop the false hemorrhaging?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#42New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 17:58:32
@shinobinoz Said

I know that two wrongs don't make a right, but if she is right- is it wrong for her NOT to make it public?

Sorry... fighting off a head cold, probably wasn't as clear as I meant it to be. I meant she is correct in that it is wrong for the Zimmerman lawyers to have leaked info - if her assertion is correct.

And if she is correct then she is right to say so. But if she isn't... and that's when it gets hairy.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#43New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 17:59:29
@LuckyCharms Said

Sorry... fighting off a head cold, probably wasn't as clear as I meant it to be. I meant she is correct in that it is wrong for the Zimmerman lawyers to have leaked info - if her assertion is correct.

And if she is correct then she is right to say so. But if she isn't... and that's when it gets hairy.

You bet!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#44New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 21:32:07
@white_swan53 Said

Martin would be ditching classes and writing graffiti on school lockers and Zimmerman would be working with insurance and patrolling the streets of his neighborhood evenings. JMO

@DorkySupergirl Said

Zimmerman did things in his part that were not proper and Martin did things in his past that were not proper. So to say if this did not happen, one would be successful adult and one would be a juvenile delinquent is not fair at all.

That is what was happening in their lives the night they crossed paths.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#45New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 06:21:05
@Spinkiegirl Said

How in the hell does that make sense? You believe zimmerman didn't profile Martin, yet you believe Martin "fit the profile

That neighborhood had been having homes broken into and robbed in the weeks before that night, it was also reported that in at least some of those break ins it had been young black males that had done them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs