Racism

Racial Profiling........

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 12:42:08
https://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/123108kvue_officer-shoots-man-cb.260f14c2.html Has anyone seen this story? Talk about your racial profiling..... This just sickens me!!!!
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:02:03
That's just disgusting!!

The officer should do jail time; the kid is lucky to be alive.

There should be a lawsuit!
ADUB87 On January 11, 2010

Deleted

Inside a triangle, Bermuda
#3New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:04:28
It just goes to show that the racial element in america will never go, Black men are still being treated like criminals for having different coloured skin, If that happened where i live that nazi would be behind bars for trying to kill him.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#4New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:10:54
All I can say is that the kid was stupid to stand up. I've been in situations like that several times in my life, and have always done exactly what I was told to avoid getting shot.
And yes, I know that we shouldn't have to put up with s*** like this, but we do. And trying to fight this stuff in the moment always ends with someone getting shot..

Every brown skinned person I know learned this at a very young age.

Deleted

#5New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:16:06
@boxerdc Said

All I can say is that the kid was stupid to stand up. I've been in situations like that several times in my life, and have always done exactly what I was told to avoid getting shot.
And yes, I know that we shouldn't have to put up with s*** like this, but we do. And trying to fight this stuff in the moment always ends with someone getting shot..

Why should you have to know something if you have brown skin? Only in america do they have laws like this, that is inhumane against a fellow human being, you racially segregate people which does nobody any favours aswell.

Deleted

#6New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:18:26
@ADUB87 Said

Why should you have to know something if you have brown skin? Only in america do they have laws like this, that is inhumane against a fellow human being, you racially segregate people which does nobody any favours aswell.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to know it.. But better to know it and not end up being shot in the chest. And you can take legal recourse later for mistreatment, and avoid getting shot. It just takes some self restraint.

So you're correct, we "shouldn't" have to know it. But it is prudent.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#7New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:19:39
I live 35 miles from a large metro area. I watch/read the news from that area every day. Nearly every day there is a shooting or stabbing and 9 out of 10 are blacks going at each other. Why wouldn't they get lots of police "attention"?

Deleted

#8New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:25:55
@crankshaft Said

I live 35 miles from a large metro area. I watch/read the news from that area every day. Nearly every day there is a shooting or stabbing and 9 out of 10 are blacks going at each other. Why wouldn't they get lots of police "attention"?

That is so untrue, What about latinos, italians, irish, aryan brotherhoods, 9 out of 10 killings being blacks is a narrow minded thought man.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#9New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:35:19
@ADUB87 Said

That is so untrue, What about latinos, italians, irish, aryan brotherhoods, 9 out of 10 killings being blacks is a narrow minded thought man.

The area I refered to has more blacks than any others. My town, is about half Mex. We have about one murder a year. About 50/50 so far.

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:58:15
@boxerdc Said

So it's the kids fault because he got shot by a cop who had NO reason to shoot him.......come on now......see this for what it is.....racist f***ing behavior......from a police officer who is PAID by tax payers to serve and protect.....not shoot a human being because he's black.....my God.....this is just WRONG on so many levels.....I pray that f***ing cop NEVER has a chance to do this again......he should f***ing pay that famlies hospital bills, give the parents and the kid....millons of dollars for pain and suffering, lose his badge.....and take his sorry a** to jail for at least 100 yrs.
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 13:58:19
shocking story, but im afraid it happens everywhere, we had a brazilian shot on the tube in the uk, he too was innocent of any crime.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 14:00:42
@ADUB87 Said

Kudos....you're dam right!!!

Deleted

#13New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 14:03:33
@Spinkiegirl Said

So it's the kids fault because he got shot by a cop who had NO reason to shoot him.......

You and I are both urban, mixed race people. We both know that if the cops pull over a white woman, it's gonna be sweet and nice. If they pull over a black man it's gonna be guns drawn.

It is his fault, because he should not have stood up. I've been face down on the sidewalk in NYC, I've been slammed into walls, and onto parked cars, and I do exactly what I'm told, because I prefer not to be shot.

We've grown up with it, and even though it's not right, it's better to be wrong than dead. And you can file a complaint after being roughed up by the cops, and they do take it seriously. You do not EVER put up a fight with a person who is holding a gun on you, unless you want to be shot.

Again, it's not right, but it happens.
jennyp26 On February 16, 2011

TX,
#14New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 14:06:50
I totally agree that this should not have happened but that kid should not have gotten up. I have worked with police officers and when they tell you to get down it for their safety and your own. When this kid jumped up, the officer didnt know what he was doing. He could have been going for gun. That officer had no way of knowing.

Chicago, Illinois
#15New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 14:23:58
@boxerdc Said

You and I are both urban, mixed race people. We both know that if the cops pull over a white woman, it's gonna be sweet and nice. If they pull over a black man it's gonna be guns drawn.

It is his fault, because he should not have stood up. I've been face down on the sidewalk in NYC, I've been slammed into walls, and onto parked cars, and I do exactly what I'm told, because I prefer not to be shot.

We've grown up with it, and even though it's not right, it's better to be wrong than dead. And you can file a complaint after being roughed up by the cops, and they do take it seriously. You do not EVER put up a fight with a person who is holding a gun on you, unless you want to be shot.

Again, it's not right, but it happens.

Well, you do make some vaild points here....and I will respectfully and strongly disagree.....each and every person on this earth...has the God given RIGHT...not to be harmed.....no one has any right whatsoever to do what this cop did......if that cop wasn't the type of person he is.....and blacks didn't have to put up with this kinda of s***.....then we wouldn't be here today talking about it.....I know dam well....it's not ok for a f***ing cop to shoot a kid because he is black......should the kid have stayed down? Of course he should have....but the way I see it.....the f***ing cop should not be a racist.....it shouldn't be this way of course...but to blame a kid.....and call him stupid for getting up...is insane to me!!!! We CANNOT contiue to allow this type of behavior to go on!!!! And just for the record....I have NEVER been treated this way by any cop...... and I have NEVER been mistreated by a cop because of my skin color!!! If I had....there would be hell to pay....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs