Law

Is planting informants in Mosques "Racial profiling?"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
KrazyKatz On April 09, 2009

On the road again., California
#1New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 03:17:37
I think this.

{ If I was hunting down a man killing tiger, would I be more likely to find it in the jungle, by a river, in the bushes. Or maybe wait for it to attack me, then I know where it is, for those few seconds before it's teeth fasten upon my throat. Sure it might be more politically correct to seek him somewhere neutral, maybe the opera house in Sydney? }

There's more I could say, but, ....
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#2New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 06:29:28
I'd do whatever it takes.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#3New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 06:40:04
@KrazyKatz Said

I think this.

{ If I was hunting down a man killing tiger, would I be more likely to find it in the jungle, by a river, in the bushes. Or maybe wait for it to attack me, then I know where it is, for those few seconds before it's teeth fasten upon my throat. Sure it might be more politically correct to seek him somewhere neutral, maybe the opera house in Sydney? }

There's more I could say, but, ....

Technically it's not profiling - all mosques are open to the public. You don't have to be a muslim to go in and look around or stay and listen.

The main mosque in Sydney Australia invites people to visit and check it out, or ring and book for a tour, which I think is pretty cool.

I'd like to think there's nothing to hide going on there, but if there is, it was be easy enough for someone to find out about it.

In Australia it is generally meetings planned by muslim clerics outside of the mosque environment that get 'profiled.'- some muslim clerics in Australia are really old and have made some pretty out there statements.

It's my understanding that meetings like this are held elsewhere and the mosques are generally used for prayer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs