Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#16New Post! Dec 16, 2019 @ 01:42:05
@chaski Said

I bet they don't spend 100's of hours a week on twitter whining and complaining about anything and everything, blaming and/or insulting anyone and everyone else for their own failings, etc... etc...

For me, the fact that he is an adult male that acts worse than a four year old suped up on sugar and Mountain Dew wavering between acting like a school yard bully and having pathetic tantrums makes him worse. After all, children can be put in timeout or put to bed... after which they (at least usually) gain control of themselves... and, of course, little children haven't had the opportunity to display cowardice by dodging a draft...

...etc...

But of course I get you point, and it is valid.

I know that was towards the president, but ironically, that's also like 90% of twitter .
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Dec 16, 2019 @ 02:07:47
@Cpat92 Said

I know that was towards the president, but ironically, that's also like 90% of twitter .

Totally agree with you.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Dec 16, 2019 @ 04:00:16
@Cpat92 Said

Thanks for the information. I don't see any way that she isn't a powerful influence on the current living generations, as well as future generations. She lost me with the stop eating meat part. As for the attacks and harsh criticisms on her, it is a shame that political leaders will stoop low to bash her, but it comes with the territory I guess. That is something that she has to face as a leader. In a sense, I can see why she is worried. She can possibly make a positive change. One challenge is getting others (within the older generations and not just political leaders) on board.

I honestly don’t know Time’s criteria, what the person has to accomplish to meet it, if anything, etc, but it’s clear she has become the face of the generation that will be most affected by the impending climate caused changes to our planet. And she has played and handled the role well in my opinion.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#19New Post! Dec 16, 2019 @ 06:43:28
@Leon Said

I honestly don’t know Time’s criteria, what the person has to accomplish to meet it, if anything, etc, but it’s clear she has become the face of the generation that will be most affected by the impending climate caused changes to our planet. And she has played and handled the role well in my opinion.

She definitely has received a lot of attention for her efforts alone.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Dec 21, 2019 @ 20:20:04
@Leon Said

For now ...

This too shall pass.

... Not that the topic should be swept under the rug, but I don't expect her to be the last "Leader"

And it will be so interesting that in the details of future history, there will be a crossing point of a teenage environmental spokesperson and a president who has been impeached.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#21New Post! Dec 21, 2019 @ 21:40:26
@mrmhead Said

...a teenage environmental spokesperson and a president who has been impeached.

I would be ashamed of myself if I was jealous of a 16 year old girl.

I literally can't think of any scenario where a 16 year old girl (or boy for that matter) did anything that I would be jealous of... impressed > yes... in awe > yes... thrilled > yes...

But jealous... nope.

Of course I am not a narcissistic draft dodging bully who somehow got elected to be the president of the United States.

If I was a narcissistic draft dodging bully who somehow got elected to be the president of the United States, maybe the fact that I was the most powerful man on planet earth would make be jealous of a 16 girl who could sail across that Atlantic ocean AND who had the mental and emotional fortitude to stand up to and to publicly speak out against world leaders.
Darkman666 On about 22 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Dec 21, 2019 @ 22:21:12
@chaski Said

I literally can't think of any scenario where a 16 year old girl (or boy for that matter) did anything that I would be jealous of... impressed > yes... in awe > yes... thrilled > yes...

But jealous... nope.

Of course I am not a narcissistic draft dodging bully who somehow got elected to be the president of the United States.

If I was a narcissistic draft dodging bully who somehow got elected to be the president of the United States, maybe the fact that I was the most powerful man on planet earth would make be jealous of a 16 girl who could sail across that Atlantic ocean AND who had the mental and emotional fortitude to stand up to and to publicly speak out against world leaders.

chaski - I thought you were probably jealous that she would better in your blue dress than you are in it.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#23New Post! Dec 21, 2019 @ 22:34:45
@Leon Said

Nope. Which is why she addressed it.

In case you missed it:

‘“That's what happens when you improvise speeches in a second language. But of course I apologise if anyone misunderstood this,’ Thunberg wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

“The expression “putting someone against the wall” in Swedish describes a situation when someone is forced to address difficult questions or a difficult situation.

“But some right-wing voices on social media interpreted her comment as a call for violence against politicians.”

- source

Now, you can do one of two things here Bob. You can either accept this perfectly understandable explanation, or you can join the ranks of the twitchy, hypersensitive, bellyaching, politically correct, faultfinders that treat outrage like candy over every little thing anyone says, even when faced with as obvious misinterpretation as this one. (You know.... the very types of people you yourself despise. )

Or I can do the obvious, and say Greta is a manipulated child who, as usual, had no real idea what she was talking about or saying.

This is not meant to be rude, but anyone who thinks the climate changing is a bad thing should be disqualified from voting. Are we in an ice age now? Have we been in more than one ice age before? Does being in an ice age, then not being in an ice age, then being in an ice age, then not being in an ice age, tell us something about the climate? If yes, what?

A four year old could answer those simple questions, yet, poor manipulated, ignorant Greta and her blinded devotees can't because 1+1 is a bridge too far for them.

She should be removed from her manipulative parents and given to a family that will care for her - not paraded around like some talking monkey and given tokenistic, meaningless trophies because it suits the purposes of a corrupt, vile elite that hid Epstein, rides around on private jets, manipulates children and runs media and social media to manipulate the gullible into not thinking for themselves.

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Dec 21, 2019 @ 22:40:05
@chaski Said

But jealous... nope.

"And your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick as a brick."

-Ian Anderson
(of course, you knew that)
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#25New Post! Dec 22, 2019 @ 01:20:22
@mrmhead Said

"And your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick as a brick."

-Ian Anderson
(of course, you knew that)

One of the best albums of all time imho.

NE, Ohio
#26New Post! Dec 22, 2019 @ 01:28:04
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Have you heard the interview of them telling of when they recorded the album?
Pretty funny.

It on one of those Re-release packages, along with a live version.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#27New Post! Dec 22, 2019 @ 02:06:56
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Ant the live performances (from my perspective) never failed to please.

Nothing against "modern" music, but they just don't make performances like Jethro Tull live anymore.

Side note... question... have you ever had a humble opinion? As you know, I don't bother with being humble... I'm just not that great.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#28New Post! Dec 22, 2019 @ 04:14:47
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Does being in an ice age, then not being in an ice age, then being in an ice age, then not being in an ice age, tell us something about the climate? If yes, what?

It tells us we were supposed to be headed to another ice age, and, in fact were. But the Industrial Age reversed that cyclic course.

At least that’s what the data has told us, and I’m more inclined to believe the scientists on this than some right wing pundit pretending to be one.

I guess that means I’ve been manipulated as well.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#29New Post! Dec 22, 2019 @ 05:03:16
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Have we been in more than one ice age before? Does being in an ice age, then not being in an ice age, then being in an ice age, then not being in an ice age, tell us something about the climate? If yes, what?

Honestly, is "it" about Ice Ages? About Global Warming? Climate Change?

Or is it about pollution... air pollution... water pollution... garbage... trash... waste... human made filth?

Is pollution acceptable?

Yes?

Ok... then how much pollution is acceptable?

Does your god appreciate "your" destruction of the paradise that "he" has given you?
Darkman666 On about 22 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Dec 22, 2019 @ 05:03:48
actually, in 80's, scientists said in 10,000 or more years, there supposed to be another ice age coming. in the last 30 years, the reversal magnetic poles should have reversal itself to a different direction like counter clockwise and normal the magnetic reversal which suppose to happen every 10,000 years. it has not happen that one of the scientific reasons, there hasn't been another ice age.

mostly, climate changes will probably kill human race, way before another ice age happen.

in the last 10 years, or for I know that scientists had really have no clear idea( they have theories on it ) why there has been no natural magnetic reversal over the last 10,000 years. no idea!it been years, since I read anything new about it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs