Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#91New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 03:07:21
6 in high bangs of shame. I used so much aqua net.
Darkman666 On about 15 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#92New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 05:15:49
aqua met was the same bug spray that my mom used. before that aqua met used off bug spray on her hair, and aqua met killed a lot of flies off her bedroom's walls.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#93New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 05:50:57
my mom used wigs for vanity reasons. why I brought up auqa met before, her wigs tried to get up from her head, while she was wearing them. my mom used auqa met to knock out the wigs stayed on. even, my mom used spray enough auqa met to keep away flies and my father tried to kissed her a couple of times, he passed on her shoulders a lot.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#94New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 08:54:46
@mrmhead Said

More accurately, there is little correlation between changes of the sun and the Earth's climate.

The changes on Earth cannot be explained by observed changes of the sun.

Or even more accurately, the sun is responsible for the heat on earth that keeps us all living, and it's effect on global climate is a virtual unknown - the sun's heat is not a constant, nor is it's production of radiation.

Take the "mini ice age" event of... the 1700s I think. Scientists who study the sun's effect on climate thought the reason for the cooling was a lack of sun spot activity (that they think operates on something like an 11 year cycle, but possibly within bigger cycles), but it turned out that the reason sun spot activity may have been low was possibly because of volcanic activity that increased atmospheric co2 significantly and led to global cooling (although there's no reason to assume there was not also a reduction in sun spot activity that may or may not have had an impact on global temps).

The reality is that there are too many variables, many of which we do not yet know, to take the alarmism seriously.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#95New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 13:57:35
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Or even more accurately, the sun is responsible for the heat on earth that keeps us all living, and it's effect on global climate is a virtual unknown - the sun's heat is not a constant, nor is it's production of radiation.

Take the "mini ice age" event of... the 1700s I think. Scientists who study the sun's effect on climate thought the reason for the cooling was a lack of sun spot activity (that they think operates on something like an 11 year cycle, but possibly within bigger cycles), but it turned out that the reason sun spot activity may have been low was possibly because of volcanic activity that increased atmospheric co2 significantly and led to global cooling (although there's no reason to assume there was not also a reduction in sun spot activity that may or may not have had an impact on global temps).

The reality is that there are too many variables, many of which we do not yet know, to take the alarmism seriously.

That's a new one on me ... Earth's volcanic activity reduced sunspots for +50 years? Got a link for that?

In broad, general terms: During "Solar Max" (high period of sunspots) the solar winds increase.
This causes the earth's atmosphere to compress a little bit, and compressing a gas causes it to heat up.
If sunspots / solar cycle were to be the cause of the current rise in global temperatures, then we should have seen a relative cooling during the solar minimums, which we are not.

In other words, during the current "Deep Trough" of sunspot activity, we should see the global temperature decrease, and we are not.

Also, during solar minimums, when the Earths atmosphere expands a little bit, it increases drag on low orbit satellites which must be accounted for.
And solar maxes protect us more from cosmic rays.

And yes - approximately 11 years +/- for a full cycle.
They determine which cycle a sunspot is in by it's polarity.

As for variance in the sun's output:
If you care to believe NASA.

So it is misleading to say the effect is "Unknown"

Saint Louis, Missouri
#96New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 18:44:24
years ago, when st. helen erupted after that when other volcanoes erupted. the volcano ashes was destroying the atmosphere, well as the ozone layer. ashes got trapped in the clouds with carbon dioxide.

I read articles about this back then. even today, volcano ashes in the top 5 leading that causes that affect the atmosphere in climate changes.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#97New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 19:50:53
@darkman666 Said

years ago, when st. helen erupted after that when other volcanoes erupted. the volcano ashes was destroying the atmosphere, well as the ozone layer. ashes got trapped in the clouds with carbon dioxide.

I read articles about this back then. even today, volcano ashes in the top 5 leading that causes that affect the atmosphere in climate changes.

I remember reading earlier in the year that some west coasters were occasionally getting some super colorful sunsets because of previous (month or so) volcano eruption on the other side of the Pacific.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#98New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 20:31:06
@mrmhead Said

I remember reading earlier in the year that some west coasters were occasionally getting some super colorful sunsets because of previous (month or so) volcano eruption on the other side of the Pacific.

I read that article, years ago, I read that air plane's fumes from planes are in same catalog as volcano eruptions. years ago, 23 % of human products causes the major causes in the atmosphere that contribute to the greenhouse effect. this number one factor that effect climate changes in the atmosphere. recently, I think the past 3 to 6 months, I read no. one is volcano eruptions these days, is no one leader causes by the greenhouse effect in the atmosphere.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#99New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 02:52:10
Has anyone spoken to Greta recently? Sometimes cranky people can recover after as good meal and a nap. Maybe some luvin? (Dont know nothing bout that!)

, Florida
#100New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 02:57:55
@DiscordTiger Said

In the 40s and 50s we also taught children to hide under their desk during a nuclear attack. Truman thought he actually saved Japanese children when he bombed the f*** out them. The kids in school that day in Hiroshima might disagree.

It always comes back to gay marriage don't it?

, Florida
#104New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 08:54:27
Heck it seems like yesterday when we all ate the chocolate because of the ten second rule no big deal. Thanks bigot.

bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#105New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 12:33:08
@mrmhead Said

That's a new one on me ... Earth's volcanic activity reduced sunspots for +50 years? Got a link for that?

I was referencing the visibility of sun spots, not the sun spots themselves - I thought the context was the clue, but in retrospect I worded that pretty badly.

@mrmhead Said
In broad, general terms: During "Solar Max" (high period of sunspots) the solar winds increase.
This causes the earth's atmosphere to compress a little bit, and compressing a gas causes it to heat up.
If sunspots / solar cycle were to be the cause of the current rise in global temperatures, then we should have seen a relative cooling during the solar minimums, which we are not.

In other words, during the current "Deep Trough" of sunspot activity, we should see the global temperature decrease, and we are not.

Also, during solar minimums, when the Earths atmosphere expands a little bit, it increases drag on low orbit satellites which must be accounted for.
And solar maxes protect us more from cosmic rays.

And yes - approximately 11 years +/- for a full cycle.
They determine which cycle a sunspot is in by it's polarity.

As for variance in the sun's output:
If you care to believe NASA.

So it is misleading to say the effect is "Unknown"

No, it really is not misleading to say we do not know things we do not know.

When science of this kind is not done by direct observation, it is done by modelling. The modelling is based on assumptions that may or may not be accurate. We have a few decades of reliable information on some elements of all things that are contributing to earth's temperature, and we have duelling theories on what some of the unknowns will mean when known (for example, the theory that volcanic activity increased co2 above the levels of today and caused a mini ice age).

You say: "In other words, during the current "Deep Trough" of sunspot activity, we should see the global temperature decrease, and we are not. "

This is false reasoning. This "if A then B" reasoning would only be true if "A" was the only determinant of climate - but it isn't. This is one of many reasons why the current alarmist BS should not be taken seriously - scientists are often poor philosophers.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs