Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Sontaran On January 11, 2012

Deleted

Perth, Australia
#31New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 02:45:29
@vekta Said

If he's worried about it enough that it's become a problem you feel the need to ask TFS about then he's not really ready to be in a committed relationship. Worrying is one thing...worrying that creates a problem is something else. Sounds like he doesn't trust you anyways to me.

maybe his trust issues arent with her at all but more directed at those guy friends?
Selene_Dendawga On August 13, 2009

Rocklin, California
#32New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 02:45:48
I have friendship with boys with no underlining sexual motives.

Heck, my exbf and I are best friends.
empircist On January 09, 2009

Seattle, Washington
#33New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 03:01:10
@vekta Said

If he's worried about it enough that it's become a problem you feel the need to ask TFS about then he's not really ready to be in a committed relationship. Worrying is one thing...worrying that creates a problem is something else. Sounds like he doesn't trust you anyways to me.

@Sontaran Said

maybe his trust issues arent with her at all but more directed at those guy friends?

he said he trusts me completely, and the relationship wouldn't have reached day one if we didn't have that. he just (you're right) doesn't trust other guys (anything i can do about that?). but i probably can't hope for unconditional trust (after our 8 months) when he was cheated on by his ex-girlfriend after seven years. and yeah.. the other guy was a friend. i know, this all sounds pretty textbook and obvious. but i still don't have a remedy for it. most people would just worry about it and shelve it. but i want to nip it in the bud, if that's close to being possible.

i even explained to him that my friends wouldn't do anything to harm our relationship, because they want me to be happy. it just sucks because i'm sure some people would lie and say, oh don't worry boyfriend, i don't want them, i only want you.. and then roll in the betrayals. but i'm not lying.

Deleted

Perth, Australia
#34New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 03:12:19
@empircist Said

he said he trusts me completely, and the relationship wouldn't have reached day one if we didn't have that. he just (you're right) doesn't trust other guys (anything i can do about that?). but i probably can't hope for unconditional trust (after our 8 months) when he was cheated on by his ex-girlfriend after seven years. and yeah.. the other guy was a friend. i know, this all sounds pretty textbook and obvious. but i still don't have a remedy for it. most people would just worry about it and shelve it. but i want to nip it in the bud, if that's close to being possible.

i even explained to him that my friends wouldn't do anything to harm our relationship, because they want me to be happy. it just sucks because i'm sure some people would lie and say, oh don't worry boyfriend, i don't want them, i only want you.. and then roll in the betrayals. but i'm not lying.

I been in his situation wen i was younger, its hard to trust again.

...maybe jus try bringing him along wen you hang out with those male friends. try to get him involved so he can see that nothing is suss. who knows he may even gain some new friends in yours.
empircist On January 09, 2009

Seattle, Washington
#35New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 03:17:18
@Sontaran Said

I been in his situation wen i was younger, its hard to trust again.

...maybe jus try bringing him along wen you hang out with those male friends. try to get him involved so he can see that nothing is suss. who knows he may even gain some new friends in yours.

thanks, i'm going to keep doing that and hopefully the issue will dissipate.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#36New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 03:19:22
I had a great platonic relationship with a college friend for years...we never tried anything

Helps when both of us didn't match each others preferences

Deleted

Perth, Australia
#37New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 03:24:11
@empircist Said

thanks, i'm going to keep doing that and hopefully the issue will dissipate.

If you truly love one another...
itll work out, jus be patient, and things will fall into place.
Ms_Monica On January 14, 2009

Deleted

#38New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 03:52:16
it depends but it can happen, Ive got guy friends but Im not atracted to them anyways. Theres no love there
kate_spencer On May 11, 2009

#39New Post! Jan 09, 2009 @ 21:40:41
@empircist Said

crap...

so do you also think that girls just have guy friends because they want to be surrounded by men --i.e. just for the attention? i just don't know what the he** (can we swear in here?) to say. is there any way a girl could convince you that there's nothing to be worried about?

I don't think a girl having many guy friends just want to be surrounded by men. Cause my friend in college was very friendly that she has so many guy friends, though they're also my friends but they all go out most of time. And she's just being friendly, nothing more than that. And she also has boyfriend that time and they didn't had big fights about that.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#41New Post! Aug 26, 2016 @ 11:08:32
from my own experience, the women who are my friends prefer to be friends. not because they are married or even single without attract to man.

whether have men friends like me just to talk, and hang up like a serious relationship. not looking for anything more. a relationship to shoot the breeze with someone.

both sexes like to have a buddy that is opposite side of the coin. to have a different opinion to understand the opposite sex. the same gender buddy maybe he or she has no idea what they are talking about deal with the opposite sex in relationship.

so you need to be with the opposite sex buddy to get the right information.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#42New Post! Aug 26, 2016 @ 11:28:43
yes, I think trust is important in any relationship whether is a man or a woman in any relationship.

when you date someone, you want a commit to have more than friends, it is a two way street, you think more what you need and your partner need. you should not think of your need more than other. not fair.

I think you know the person more few hours start that kind of a relationship. once, you do the act, your relationship is more than handshake.

that where trust come in to be vulnerable. you need a good solid friendship or strong commitment relationship, before jumping in bed.

I prefer women I feel closer to any men as friends. I don't know if women feel that with their men's friends. men are comfortable with women to be closer to, than men with men.

I think both sexes can get hurt in relationship not just one sex shows more than other. doesn't seem to be a fair point of view on either sex's view.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#43New Post! Aug 27, 2016 @ 06:05:01
Yes men and women can be just friends. But there can be problems in the friendship. If a man and women are friends and one or the other is in a relationship or married to another, it can be sort of a triangle. Even if the friendship is just platonic and non sexual it can risk jealousy and distrust. If you are single then ok you can safely have all the opposite sex friends you want. But my experience is that once you are in a committed relation ship most all of that(platonic opposite sex friendships) has got to fade away. Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure. But I've tried it both ways.

Corey.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#44New Post! Aug 27, 2016 @ 09:29:50
another things, that I notice whether in my life or tv or movie.

a kid and a teenager, boys are common to think that girls at beginning are icch! boys think girls too gentle touch that might break, and boys think they don't want anything do with them. they can't play rough like they want to them. not all, girls are tomboys. they have to be friends with them, because they are no fun. this more close a kid age or early teenager.

can men and women have solid relationship has mural respect for each others. I think I like as a man that if I have common interest with a woman is so much easy. than she and I just sit there staring at each others. why she and I think I am soo hotty looking.

I don't think that much harder if the woman or even man has relationship that not the person, you are friend with. when you and your friend has relationship that when it is complicate.

as a friend with a woman, I think a man more comfortable with relationship. because the man doesn't need to impressive her, or the woman doesn't impressive him. it is funny, it is true, that they are time that man think a woman's friend like being with a man's friend. the woman think like man.

a woman probably like sports and play like a man in sport. even as a friend, a man be jealous of a woman that she is better than he in sport or smarter than her. but I am sure that apply to a woman, if they are jealous that way.

I notice that there are times that you are with friends or you are with a woman will act soo much like both little girls. that as observer is funny to watch, and waiting for the man to wear the woman's clothing and share make up with each other. of course, hopefully that the man doesn't go that far, because the man might look better than the woman in her dress. and the woman might get jealous of the man. men, you know how that can be, especially if you are married.

I think is a high compliment that man can give a woman, when he said to her, " you are my best friend! "
backdoor On April 23, 2024

Richmond, Canada
#45New Post! Aug 27, 2016 @ 23:45:30
Possible, i got afew just friends that you mentioned.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs