The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Can lost trust in a relationship be regained?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Can lost trust in a relationship be regained?
Yes
No
View Results
friendlybear On March 10, 2010

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#1New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:38:56
I've recently been wondering if a relationship can overcome a loss of trust.
If one of the partners has cheated, can it be overcome?
If deception was the cause, will it be again?

Just some of the things that make me go hmmm....

Please answer the poll, even if you don't want to reply.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:41:46
If you truly love the person and that person loves you enough to come forward, confess and exclaim that it is you that they really, truly, wish to remain with then by all means the bond between two true hearts cannot be broken.

If the love is strong, if the love is right, the love will conquer even ego and jealousy.

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#3New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:43:19
I agree. I thought I may have been overly optimistic, in believing that, hence the poll.

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:48:52
Friendlybear, consider some of the women whom you've met or crossed paths with. Consider the ones whom you strongly admired and if it had been possible the appreciation you felt for them.

There are some out there that we come across that could do no wrong by us and some whom we would follow into the bowels of hell.

It is the discarding of a pact and the loved one removing themselves forever from your companionship that rends the heart to pieces.

If the person is truly sorry and truly wants to still be by your side and amongst your company then infidelity is a very small and trivial disturbance in the force between the two of you.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#5New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:49:09
Trust doesn't always have to be applied to cheating/remaining faithful. Albeit that it may one of the hardest situations to over come, but it can be done IMO.

But there are other areas where you need trust, and yes they can be regained.

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#6New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:51:49
So to go along with that train of thought, what are some of the things that can be done to help this along? Is this a process that just needs honesty, and time? Or are other actions required?
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#7New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:54:48
@friendlybear Said

I've recently been wondering if a relationship can overcome a loss of trust.
If one of the partners has cheated, can it be overcome?
If deception was the cause, will it be again?

Just some of the things that make me go hmmm....

Please answer the poll, even if you don't want to reply.

A relationship can overcome and survey the loss of trust one partner had for a cheater ,if the cheater comes clean and stays true the relationship will last till death do us part , but the trust can never be the whole and complete and pure trust it was before. In reality there is no 'forgive and forget' there is forgive and get past it ,
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#8New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:55:39
It depens on the relationship. If the couple allows sharing then it's OK for them. For me, a guy has to be devoted to me and only me.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#9New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:58:38
@Electric_Banana Said

If you truly love the person and that person loves you enough to come forward, confess and exclaim that it is you that they really, truly, wish to remain with then by all means the bond between two true hearts cannot be broken.

If the love is strong, if the love is right, the love will conquer even ego and jealousy.

IF the love was ....
then the trust never would have been broken . It is not a person who is deeply in love tat goes out and does something to be breaking their loves trust in them .
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#10New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 18:02:54
It depends on the circumstances, if the transgression has happened more than once...there are a lot of variables to be considered.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 18:03:32
@friendlybear Said

So to go along with that train of thought, what are some of the things that can be done to help this along? Is this a process that just needs honesty, and time? Or are other actions required?

The train of thought is that inexperience, external influence and complications of the mind lead all and everyone into making mistakes of varying degrees at one point or another.

When you commit your love to somebody it saying that I care for you enough to accept all of your ugly too as long as that ugly does not jeapordise my well being.

It's like saying

"Realising how beautiful you are to me right now, I am ready to take you on for all of your faults as well because they are a mere price to pay to maintain the specialness that you can be to me."
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#12New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 18:04:16
Now when a guy cheats is's a transgression.
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 18:04:46
How can trust be regained when you've put so much of yourself into it and it's been s*** on? May be some people can but I'm pretty sure I'm not one of them.
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#14New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 18:06:01
@PhoenixNebula Said

How can trust be regained when you've put so much of yourself into it and it's been s*** on? May be some people can but I'm pretty sure I'm not one of them.

I totally agree

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 18:08:00
Also, there are more destructive trust breakers than infidelity.

"Deception" is a humongous one.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs