Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Best to keep your mouth shut?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#1New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:01:10
What do you think? do you think some situations call for you just to bite your tongue and shut up? I have a problem with opening my mouth when I should probably keep my thoughts to myself sometimes.. but it's so hard to hold back certain times when you want to express on how you feel and see things in perspective without trying to cause any controversy of course. So is it better to go with the flow or actually set those thoughts of yours free? or does it depend on the situation & people?
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#2New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:06:13
I think it does all depend. Is there a particular situation you're talking about?
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#3New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:06:40
I have the same problem, and then when i do keep quiet, I end up beating myself up about it until I hate myself for it.

#4New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:09:42
exactly squirt I just like to say my peace otherwise it will bug me for a long while.

no particular situation el_diablo, I was just thinking about this earlier because I have noticed sometimes I do keep quiet on certain things I think I should let my feelings be known about.
the_unreconstructed_m On August 18, 2007

#5New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:09:57
It most certainly depends on the situation. Sometimes you have to speak up, other times a little social faux pas can end up with you getting the s*** beaten out of you.

Although there are times when offending everyone around you can be quite amusing. As long as you are positive you won't get drawn and quartered afterward.

#6New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:19:22
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#7New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:32:20
i have a huge problem with this, i have lost a ton of friends because of it, but i guess if they cant handle the truth then oh well. I am not going to be fake just so someone can live in a fairy tale.
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#8New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 05:36:11
@unspokenwords Said
What do you think? do you think some situations call for you just to bite your tongue and shut up? I have a problem with opening my mouth when I should probably keep my thoughts to myself sometimes.. but it's so hard to hold back certain times when you want to express on how you feel and see things in perspective without trying to cause any controversy of course. So is it better to go with the flow or actually set those thoughts of yours free? or does it depend on the situation & people?

always play it close to your chest - you know that retrospective agony of remembering what you said and wishing you'd said nothing, or something else? best way to avoid this horrible sensation is to keep things to yourself

once you start you'll realise there was an awful lot that you were saying that didn't really warrant saying

it's also good to avoid offending people and/or giving two-faced people ammunition against you
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 07:10:00
If i bite my tongue, it comes out sooner or later Maybe its innapropriate at the time, but eventually i have to say my 2c
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#11New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 08:41:55
There are definately times when some people should just keep their mouth shut. It's just not appropriate to the situation, but that still doens't stop some people.
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#12New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 09:13:15
i sometimes can NOT just not say wats on my mind.. i just hae to. its like: say it say it come on!
but ofcaurse it depends on the situation and the ppl.!!
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#13New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 12:02:58
I have this huge problem with keeping my mouth shut . If I think it , I normally say it. I do try to bite my tongue when it's a situation to where if I said anything I'd be butting into someone's business but for the most part I just say what I feel and face the consequences later.

I'd really rather if someone had something to say to me they'd just say it instead of holding it in or running around telling everyone else behind my back. I don't like that game playing s*** .
pokerplayer On October 08, 2006

None, Wake Island
#14New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 12:08:57
I suffer from foot in mouth disease.

If something needs to be said I'm first in the line to say it and it amazes me that other people think exactly what I think but haven't the balls speak their minds.
megslc On May 22, 2007

Brisbane, Australia
#15New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 12:20:02
No one really wants to hear what u have to say, if they are not going to like it. "Does this top make me look fat?" No the fact that ur fat makes u look fat, the top is just ugly. If we were really honest and said the first things that came to our minds in alot of situations (especially if we are tired or pmsing or have just been fired etc) then we would basically loose alot of friends. However in rare and extremely precious friendship there are those moments where you can be honest and not have to pull the PC biting of the tongue bulls***.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs