The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Abortion

And if homosexuality could be discovered while still in the womb?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#226New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 22:39:20
@magicgoat Said

What about all of those un-American ideas? Shouldn't we do something about it?

Nice diversion. Now stop dodging.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#227New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 22:40:55
@magicgoat Said

The catch-phrase I've read here and elsewhere is "un-American."

What happens when American citizens say things which aren't American? Is that even possible? Can that happen?

more deflection & dodging we see.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#228New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 22:42:14
@Eaglebauer Said

That's easy. Nothing has to happen. People are allowed to say things that someone else considers un-American. I know the label has been cast on you but it didn't come with any kind of reeducation did it? I think it's merely being pointed out that some people think your ideas are un-American in their views and that you are speaking hypocritically.

Bingo! Right there- you got it!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#229New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 22:43:15
@magicgoat Said

McCarthyism was the technique used to out and discredit those loyal to the American way.

TFIFY
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#230New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 22:51:44
@Eaglebauer Said

I actually agree with you here.

One can be completely immersed in the spirit and meaning of what it is to be American and be a Christian and be pro traditional marriage at the same time.

The un-American label being affixed to you has nothing at all to do with the fact that you hold these beliefs. Absolutely nothing.

It is because you believe that since it is your belief it must incontrovertibly be the way everyone else lives that people are calling you un-American. You may live your life in the manner you believe is correct and teach your children what you feel is correct for them to know and believe so long as those beliefs do not harm or infringe upon another person's right to do the same thing. But when you try to instill that upon other people who are not your children and assume the role of moral watchdog to those who do not share your morals when it comes to questions that involve things that do no harm to other people, you cannot be surprised when you are called un-American for it.

It isn't your belief that traditional marriage is best and the Christian religion is correct that is un-American in so many eyes. It is your desire to legislate those beliefs upon people who do not share them.

We are on the exact same page on that.
My response of un-american was due to this:
"What I mean by this has everything to do with Americans and their leader’s failure to uphold the institution of marriage."
He qualified numerous times that this meant religion's interpretation of the institution of marriage and even went as far as going back to Reagan to try & bolster that point.
He can't really have it both ways. You either respect the separation of church & state- or you are going against the foundation of the constitution. Of course he goes off on a tangent rather than clarify or bolster his point.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#231New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 22:58:41
@magicgoat Said

Without a doubt nearly every two parent home is preferable to a single parent home.

Please give me the number of studies you need for me to back up this point. I'll be on travel next week and will need some time but go ahead and ask.

How about five independent scholarly studies related to the benefit of two-parent homes verses single parent homes? Five. Will that work?

Then you should support marriage. Marriage period!
Like here.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#232New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:15:59
@shinobinoz Said

Nice diversion. Now stop dodging.

Thanks shinobinoz. Tell me what am I dodging?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#233New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:16:06
@magicgoat Said

Without a doubt nearly every two parent home is preferable to a single parent home.

Please give me the number of studies you need for me to back up this point. I'll be on travel next week and will need some time but go ahead and ask.

How about five independent scholarly studies related to the benefit of two-parent homes verses single parent homes? Five. Will that work?

So, it stands to reason that you would want same gender couples who are raising children to be able to marry... right?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#234New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:19:29
@boxer Said

We absolutely should.. We should discuss them openly, and both sides should keep an open mind... then we should try to find a way to afford people equal rights without taking away rights from others..

But wait... we've already done that in 9 states and DC.. marriage equality affords equal rights to all couples, and forces no one to engage in any act they consider morally objectionable.

So, I guess we've already had the discussion about your ideas, and we've found a way to give me what I deserve as an American without trampling your rights in any way at all.

9 States and 13 countries!!!!!!
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — The halls of Parliament echoed with a traditional Maori love song after lawmakers made New Zealand the 13th country in the world and the first in the Asia-Pacific region to legalize same-sex marriage.
Supporters of the bill, including hundreds of gay-rights advocates, stood and cheered after the 77-44 vote was announced late Wednesday. Then someone started signing "Pokarekare Ana" in the indigenous Maori language, and soon nearly the whole room joined in.
https://news.yahoo.com/cheers-maori-song-nzealand-oks-gay-marriage-064151136.html
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#235New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:23:34
@magicgoat Said

Thanks shinobinoz. Tell me what am I dodging?

It's just something you always do when you can't come up with some supposedly moral authority you want to assign to christianity. So if religion is the end all catch all for ya. What if I told you that according to many First Nations spirituality & religion we have never had a problem with same sex marriage. You wouldn't want to go against established religious beliefs would you?

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#236New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:24:23
@nooneinparticular Said

Are both parents always better than one?

This paper suggests that its not just the structure of the family but also the dynamics of the family that contribute to the overall well being of a child.

Fair enough. It doesn't say that single parents have an easier time than married parents. When a mother and father marry and stay married, the stability of the family increases.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#237New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:26:30
@magicgoat Said

Fair enough. It doesn't say that single parents have an easier time than married parents. When a mother and father marry and stay married, the stability of the family increases.

Funny! It does exactly the same thing when a same sex couple is married with children.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#238New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:26:51
@magicgoat Said

If you want stable families, then two men or two women who are raising children should be allowed to marry, right?

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#239New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:28:32
@shinobinoz Said

It's just something you always do when you can't come up with some supposedly moral authority you want to assign to christianity. So if religion is the end all catch all for ya. What if I told you that according to many First Nations spirituality & religion we have never had a problem with same sex marriage. You wouldn't want to go against established religious beliefs would you?

I would like to congratulate you for not answering me with a sarcastic response.

Please note that I'm not at all interested in same sex marriage. It's utterly futile.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#240New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 23:30:51
@magicgoat Said

I would like to congratulate you for not answering me with a sarcastic response.

Please note that I'm not at all interested in same sex marriage. It's utterly futile.

You're not at all interested in marriage equality, yet you oppose it.
More hypocrisy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs