The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Abortion

And if homosexuality could be discovered while still in the womb?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 16 17 · >>
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#211New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 13:09:19
@Eaglebauer Said

You seem to be against the idea of "reeducation" and it makes me wonder why you are so quick to want something very similar to it as long as it is your belief that is being programmed into others.

He has admitted to being a hypocrite, and has also admitted that his religion is hypocritical.. so it's really not such a stretch.

And before he comes back and wants to know where he admitted that, I offered him three questions regarding his hypocrisy, and gave him the chance to show that I was wrong, and he declined.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#212New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 13:18:42
@Eaglebauer Said

Not education camps. Involuntary committal or jail if you prove to be harmful to society or yourself. That's what he was saying. And it's what the law says, which I'm sure you're aware of already.

You keep insinuating that the only other option to your ideal of the marriage of Christianity and government is some kind of reeducation or program of reprogramming.

But that isn't the only other option. Nobody is saying you need to give up Christianity and be "reeducated." They are saying that they don't have to be Christians just because you are. That's another option and one that happens to be in place right now. You do not have any more right to legislate that another person live by your religion than they do to legislate that you give up that religion.

You seem to be against the idea of "reeducation" and it makes me wonder why you are so quick to want something very similar to it as long as it is your belief that is being programmed into others.

The catch-phrase I've read here and elsewhere is "un-American."

What happens when American citizens say things which aren't American? Is that even possible? Can that happen?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#213New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 13:22:59
@magicgoat Said

What happens when American citizens say things which aren't American? Is that even possible? Can that happen?

É não americano para lhe responder em Português?
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#214New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 16:41:28
@nooneinparticular Said

That is more likely to be true, or that is more likely to be what magic's talking about?

That is more likely to be what magic's talking about.

@futilevoice Said

I was not sure where Magic was from. Georgia is also a country and from posts he has previously made it seemed he came from somewhere outside of the US. My mistake.

I thought the same thing at first. I still do from time to time. I was just teasing you.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#215New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 16:48:42
@magicgoat Said

That's easy. Nothing has to happen. People are allowed to say things that someone else considers un-American. I know the label has been cast on you but it didn't come with any kind of reeducation did it? I think it's merely being pointed out that some people think your ideas are un-American in their views and that you are speaking hypocritically.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#216New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 17:06:30
@magicgoat Said

What happens when American citizens say things which aren't American?

Depends. What happens to what?

Is that even possible? Can that happen?

Is that the same question twice? Either way, yes.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#217New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 17:41:03
@someone_else_again Said

What happens when American citizens say things which aren't American?

Depends. What happens to what?

Is that even possible? Can that happen?

Is that the same question twice? Either way, yes.

McCarthyism was the technique used to out and discredit those disloyal to the American way.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#218New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 17:52:12
@magicgoat Said

McCarthyism was the technique used to out and discredit those disloyal to the American way.

And?
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#219New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 18:00:22

The capital of Nebraska is Lincoln?
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#220New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 18:04:21
@magicgoat Said

McCarthyism was also used to out and discredit some people who had done nothing wrong and just pissed off the neighbors. Think Salem.

What is the point you're trying to make here?

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#221New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 20:15:53
@Eaglebauer Said

McCarthyism was also used to out and discredit some people who had done nothing wrong and just pissed off the neighbors. Think Salem.

What is the point you're trying to make here?

There is large movement whose goal is to prove that right isn’t right and wrong isn’t wrong.
If I say that pro-traditional marriage is sound and morally upright because it's the most efficient way parents can provide security and freedom for their children, the countervailing opinion descends with the purpose of eliminating rational thought, eliminating discussion, and using that as teaching tool—an example of how no one should ever ever talk.
There's absolutely no parallel between being pro-traditional marriage and being un-American. Or being Christian and being un-American.
That reminds me of McCarthyism in that sense. But instead of Joe McCarthy rooting out Communists it’s John Lennon’s crusade against those who imagine great countries or true religion.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#222New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 20:25:24
@magicgoat Said

There is large movement whose goal is to prove that right isn’t right and wrong isn’t wrong.
If I say that pro-traditional marriage is sound and morally upright because it's the most efficient way parents can provide security and freedom for their children,

No it's not and I've said as much already. Creating parents out of people does not automatically result in a better environment for children than single parenthood.

Quote:

the countervailing opinion descends with the purpose of eliminating rational thought, eliminating discussion, and using that as teaching tool—an example of how no one should ever ever talk.

As opposed to ignoring people and tuning them out?

Quote:

There's absolutely no parallel between being pro-traditional marriage and being un-American. Or being Christian and being un-American.

Hence why everyone was confused when you brought it up...

Quote:

That reminds me of McCarthyism in that sense. But instead of Joe McCarthy rooting out Communists it’s John Lennon’s crusade against those who imagine great countries or true religion.

Great countries or true religion? Careful with the relativistic markers as they tend to blow up in people's faces.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#223New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 20:33:03
@magicgoat Said

There's absolutely no parallel between being pro-traditional marriage and being un-American.

I actually agree with you here.

One can be completely immersed in the spirit and meaning of what it is to be American and be a Christian and be pro traditional marriage at the same time.

The un-American label being affixed to you has nothing at all to do with the fact that you hold these beliefs. Absolutely nothing.

It is because you believe that since it is your belief it must incontrovertibly be the way everyone else lives that people are calling you un-American. You may live your life in the manner you believe is correct and teach your children what you feel is correct for them to know and believe so long as those beliefs do not harm or infringe upon another person's right to do the same thing. But when you try to instill that upon other people who are not your children and assume the role of moral watchdog to those who do not share your morals when it comes to questions that involve things that do no harm to other people, you cannot be surprised when you are called un-American for it.

It isn't your belief that traditional marriage is best and the Christian religion is correct that is un-American in so many eyes. It is your desire to legislate those beliefs upon people who do not share them.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#224New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 20:47:07
@nooneinparticular Said

No it's not and I've said as much already. Creating parents out of people does not automatically result in a better environment for children than single parenthood.

Without a doubt nearly every two parent home is preferable to a single parent home.

Please give me the number of studies you need for me to back up this point. I'll be on travel next week and will need some time but go ahead and ask.

How about five independent scholarly studies related to the benefit of two-parent homes verses single parent homes? Five. Will that work?
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#225New Post! Apr 18, 2013 @ 20:52:37
@magicgoat Said

Without a doubt nearly every two parent home is preferable to a single parent home.

Please give me the number of studies you need for me to back up this point. I'll be on travel next week and will need some time but go ahead and ask.

How about five independent scholarly studies related to the benefit of two-parent homes verses single parent homes? Five. Will that work?

Are both parents always better than one?

This paper suggests that its not just the structure of the family but also the dynamics of the family that contribute to the overall well being of a child.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 16 17 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs