Stop teaching your children to hate ! I am White , I am American and I am Tired

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#91New Post! May 17, 2009 @ 17:11:20
iwannano: I understood your point in the OP precisely.
Like minds think alike. Are we sisters? Lol, sisters of the mind at least!
It's not about race - it's about who is in the majority! Or who has the power! Here in America, it happens to be whites, right now. Though we are losing our financial power to other ethnic groups. That is a reality. iwannano is saying, she, we are tired of being verbally assaulted because we are white (which happens to be the majority in this country). Minority people: we accept that you didn't 'ask' to be born the color you are. When you verbally attack/insult/bash the whites (who happens to be the majority here - where you chose to live) -- you imply that it is our fault that we are white, were born white, and that our forefathers were white. Specific individuals accept, tolerate (whatever word you wanna use) other minorities and know you didn't ask to be born that color and you can't change it, but we don't feel that you accept/tolerate the fact that we didn't ask to be born the color we are, and 'we' were not the ones who had slaves so quit blaming us for that (direct and implied), and we were not the ones who took Indian land so quit blaming us for that (direct and implied). Yes our forefathers did things that were wrong, and yours did too, but we are not our
forefathers. Before anyone asks "where does anyone say this in the thread", "who said that?: it is implied. Sometimes the message comes across louder when it is left unsaid and then of course the speakers can get defensive about being accused of 'saying' that. We are not our forefathers. You are not your forefathers. I'm tired of it too. Until and unless you've walked a mile in our shoes, stop trying to directly or indirectly blame us for the faults of the world, or of racism. Live in the present, let the past go, once you've learned from it.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#92New Post! May 17, 2009 @ 17:17:04
iwannano - lol, I was writing 'what iwannano is saying' is
yada yada yada and realized I was speaking for you.
If I didn't get your message exactly right, sorry about that, but what I wrote in the above message is true, as
far as what your post was saying to me.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#93New Post! May 17, 2009 @ 17:22:43
@DuLu Said

iwannano: I understood your point in the OP precisely.
Like minds think alike. Are we sisters? Lol, sisters of the mind at least!
It's not about race - it's about who is in the majority! Or who has the power! Here in America, it happens to be whites, right now. Though we are losing our financial power to other ethnic groups. That is a reality. iwannano is saying, she, we are tired of being verbally assaulted because we are white (which happens to be the majority in this country). Minority people: we accept that you didn't 'ask' to be born the color you are. When you verbally attack/insult/bash the whites (who happens to be the majority here - where you chose to live) -- you imply that it is our fault that we are white, were born white, and that our forefathers were white. Specific individuals accept, tolerate (whatever word you wanna use) other minorities and know you didn't ask to be born that color and you can't change it, but we don't feel that you accept/tolerate the fact that we didn't ask to be born the color we are, and 'we' were not the ones who had slaves so quit blaming us for that (direct and implied), and we were not the ones who took Indian land so quit blaming us for that (direct and implied). Yes our forefathers did things that were wrong, and yours did too, but we are not our
forefathers. Before anyone asks "where does anyone say this in the thread", "who said that?: it is implied. Sometimes the message comes across louder when it is left unsaid and then of course the speakers can get defensive about being accused of 'saying' that. We are not our forefathers. You are not your forefathers. I'm tired of it too. Until and unless you've walked a mile in our shoes, stop trying to directly or indirectly blame us for the faults of the world, or of racism. Live in the present, let the past go, once you've learned from it.

Whew, I was reading your post with held breathe cuz this topic is a pretty touchy one . But what it seems like is you were able to 'get out of my Op what I was trying to say while angry . I can't say one way or the other if you expressed it any clearer or not but we do seem to be on the 'track' here.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#94New Post! May 17, 2009 @ 17:40:59
Shino: you stated 'when a child has a parent that is illiterate and poor, what are the chances to escape poverty
and learn to keep up in school and society?" Good point.
Needs to be addressed by all, all colors, all classes, all
lobbying groups, all politicians, etc. etc. It is not
just about your color, your past, your economic status.
It is about the choices we make, and our values. One
question though for everyone to consider:
If a parent knows they are illerate and poor, and know
how they were treated poorly and injusticely for instance,
then maybe poor people should not be having kids until
they can afford them -- no matter where they are. That
would be one solution, wouldn't it?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#95New Post! May 18, 2009 @ 04:11:50
@DuLu Said
If a parent knows they are illerate and poor, and know
how they were treated poorly and injusticely for instance,
then maybe poor people should not be having kids until
they can afford them -- no matter where they are. That
would be one solution, wouldn't it?

I'm afraid that would have left most minorities as an ever shrinking minority. I do not believe that to be a burden to be shouldered by the "victims" but rather one that has to be won against the "victors" who used their power to create this divide.

Maybe the meek should inherit the earth?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs