Abortion - Legal or Illegal?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...9 10 11 · >>
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#20New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 03:56:13
I have never met a woman who would do it again given the same chance. I also know women who volunteer in clinics and they say thats the one thing people dont talk about is how you will feel years down the road. Its great for a short time solution but long term it is very distructive.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#21New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 04:09:16
@sweetrnsugar77 Said
I have never met a woman who would do it again given the same chance. I also know women who volunteer in clinics and they say thats the one thing people dont talk about is how you will feel years down the road. Its great for a short time solution but long term it is very distructive.

Again, the scientific research disagrees with you on this point.
mouzyrat On October 02, 2007

miami, Florida
#22New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 04:45:16
el-tino quoted some scientific research,well here is another research on scientific research
Quote:
There is increasing concern that most current published research findings are false. The probability that a research claim is true may depend on study power and bias, the number of other studies on the same question, and, importantly, the ratio of true to no relationships among the relationships probed in each scientific field. In this framework, a research finding is less likely to be true when the studies conducted in a field are smaller; when effect sizes are smaller; when there is a greater number and lesser preselection of tested relationships; where there is greater flexibility in designs, definitions, outcomes, and analytical modes; when there is greater financial and other interest and prejudice; and when more teams are involved in a scientific field in chase of statistical significance. Simulations show that for most study designs and settings, it is more likely for a research claim to be false than true. Moreover, for many current scientific fields, claimed research findings may often be simply accurate measures of the prevailing bias.

On the subject i think abortion should be illegal.If U dont wanna abort dont have careless sex
mazda On June 03, 2011

Launceston, Australia
#23New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 04:48:06
i think it should be illegal, i dont see how any one can make a decisionn on
weather that childs life would be better or worse if they were to stay in the
world, and i mean a life has a purpose and so ending that life before it has a
chance to fulfill that is really possibly harming us as well
cheeky_chikita On July 09, 2007

, Holy See (Vatican City)
#24New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 06:07:33
@sweetrnsugar77 Said

I actually I'm very close with two people in my circle of friends who had aborted not once, but twice. They both told me that they felt incredibly relieved after the abortion, have no regrets whatsoever, and have absolutely no psychological scars. In fact, they are very healthy and smart individuals. Now, I don't know this other person personally, but she has had a total number of 5 abortions and she's still out there partying like an animal

I don't think it's fair to judge someone who's had an abortion. Firstly, we don't know the true circumstances of their unwanted pregnancy (how they got pregnant, their choice to abort, etc), and, frankly, it's completely none of our business. As long as the person was 200% certain of their decision and have a healthy state of mind, it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Their personal life is really none of our business.

Just a side note- Pregnancy can still occur even after using birth control. My friend's sister fell pregnant even though she was taking the Pill. That is why many doctors recommend that two different kinds of protection be used at the same time to be extra cautious.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#25New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 16:18:49
@mouzyrat Said
el-tino quoted some scientific research,well here is another research on scientific research

On the subject i think abortion should be illegal.If U dont wanna abort dont have careless sex

Quote:
The probability that a research claim is true may depend on study power and bias, the number of other studies on the same question, and, importantly, the ratio of true to no relationships among the relationships probed in each scientific field. In this framework, a research finding is less likely to be true when the studies conducted in a field are smaller; when effect sizes are smaller; when there is a greater number and lesser preselection of tested relationships; where there is greater flexibility in designs, definitions, outcomes, and analytical modes; when there is greater financial and other interest and prejudice; and when more teams are involved in a scientific field in chase of statistical significance.

The study in question had a rather large sample size (around 400). The effect size in this case is somewhat irrelevant since it's more descriptive data. The definitions used for depression and PTSD in this study were generally accepted as having an acceptable degree of validity. The financial interest in a particular result is negligible.

This reminds me of one study claiming that there was an association between suicide and having an abortion. It turns out the same study found a relationship between getting murdered and having an abortion. Clearly, a 3rd variable (likely socio-economic status) was causing both things.
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#27New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 22:18:23
I wouldnt judge anyone, not regarding life style or choices they make but I would question motives. I cant imagine someone having 5 abortions and still living the same life. While it may not affect her now it will in later years. My mom went about 5 before she really started feeling bad/guilty/like a killer. It hit her hard and continues to haunt her. Im sure not everyone has regrets especially given certain circumstances, but most will have them sooner or later.
macbelly On October 19, 2005

St Paul, Minnesota
#28New Post! Oct 09, 2005 @ 19:32:57
If it's legal for the society to sit around and watch innocent kids (who did not choose this on themselves just like the arguable fetuses)live and die of hunger, poverty, treatable diseases, then that should be the more reason why abortion should be legal in the first place.
Hypocricy and guilt shouldn't be the basis for determining legal issues.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...9 10 11 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs