Abortion

Why abortion should be legal

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...18 19 20 · >>
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 03:27:52
Those things are all true. I guess the debates comes in because of the uncertainty of when "life" begins in the uterus. I mean, is it really wrong to abort a clump of cells that hasn't even differentiated into different parts yet? Is that anymore wrong than using birth control (In the catholic religion, birth control is also concidered wrong) Isn't birth control a way of stopping a life that would have happened? There's not really any way of knowing.
And there also asn't any way of knowing what he experience is for the embryo. For instance, an embryo has the very basic beginnings of a nervous system at only around 3 weeks from conception, often before a woman even knows she's pregnant. It has a heart beat and fingerprints after only 9 weeks I believe. Whether that means the embryo experiences pain, I couldn't say, but I doubt it concidering how primitive it is. Just think about how little damage needs to be done to the nervous system of an adult for them to be unconscious and completely unaware of anything. The possibility of that embyo being able to experience pain at that point is slim to none.
Late term abortions though I have a problem with. By 22 weeks old, it has been proven that the fetus can feel pain, and is coordinated anough to physically respond. Ultrasound tests have shown a 28 wek old fetus crying in response to pain. At that point, a person had time to do something about the pregnancy before then. Fortunately I believe abortions at that late in the term are illegal, but they weren't always.
There are always going to be people who hold to their belief, regardless of the circumstances or science, but abortions still happen anyway, legally or otherwise.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#3New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 03:46:34
Abortions have happened for centuries and centuries. A problem with abortions now, is that it is used as a contraceptive as people refuse to take responsibilities for their behaviour.

Not just in sex but with life in general.
horny_lil_devil On March 21, 2013

Wollongong, Australia
#5New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 04:53:28
I am undecided it depends on ur situation I think
seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#6New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 05:37:18
Abortion should be legal because it's "my" body and "i" should have the RIGHT to do as i please to it. It's that simple.
mazzyroxursox On November 24, 2008

Deleted

melbourne, Australia
#7New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 06:00:55
it still is murder, u cant put a price on a baby
charmedguy18 On March 10, 2006

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
#8New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 14:58:29
Fist off, I'm gay so it doesn't really apply to me to be responsable in the sense(in stds, yes). But the thing is we have sex ed in school. But people don't listen, it doesn't matter what we do, they still won't. So I think as long as its in the first like 4-6 weeks then its fine.
And I have a question for everyone. Do you think emergency contraceptives or the "morning after pill" is abortion? Just a wonder.
By the way, I'm new and I just didn't look at any of the other posts so soooorry that I didn't respond to someone else's post.
rosesforme17 On August 29, 2023

Santa Clara, California
#9New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 18:22:04
@charmedguy18 Said
Fist off, I'm gay so it doesn't really apply to me to be responsable in the sense(in stds, yes). But the thing is we have sex ed in school. But people don't listen, it doesn't matter what we do, they still won't. So I think as long as its in the first like 4-6 weeks then its fine.
And I have a question for everyone. Do you think emergency contraceptives or the "morning after pill" is abortion? Just a wonder.
By the way, I'm new and I just didn't look at any of the other posts so soooorry that I didn't respond to someone else's post.

If you were directing that to me, I wasn't talking about you personally in my post above. I was talking of people in general. Although I guess it does look as though I'm talking to you specifically. But I wasn't.

I do not believe the "morning after pill" is abortion. The morning after pill works pretty much the same way as a spermicide. It can't be considered an abortion when 1) There is no guarentee that a sperm would have fertilized the egg that time 2) Whether the sperm succeeded or not, the woman would not be considered pregnant yet. Actually becoming pregnant is not instantaneous. And what is the difference between the morning after pill or cumming in a condom or all over the bed. The potential of a pregnancy does not make it abortion or murder. If potential pregnancies that did not happen were all considered abortion, than we would all be guilty of millions of abortions. The potential of a child is not the same as actually being one. You can't abort potential.
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 18:24:29
@charmedguy18 Said
Fist off, I'm gay so it doesn't really apply to me to be responsable in the sense(in stds, yes)...

Gay men get pregnant too, you know. It happens all the time.

#11New Post! Mar 10, 2006 @ 01:57:12
@shug Said
Gay men get pregnant too, you know. It happens all the time.

Go eat your mom a*s hole.

#12New Post! Mar 10, 2006 @ 01:58:02
@mazzyroxursox Said
it still is murder, u cant put a price on a baby

You should probably read the post before you make dumb remarks.
plasmicblast On October 04, 2007

Suburb of Rochester, New York
#14New Post! Mar 10, 2006 @ 22:54:54
@shug Said
Gay men get pregnant too, you know. It happens all the time.HOW THe HELL CAN THAT HAPPPEN???? please PM me!not reply to this...
xohxthexironyx On December 25, 2006

Towards San Francisco, Califor
#15New Post! Mar 10, 2006 @ 22:55:09
I say that abortion shouldn't be used unless the mothers life is in danger or incest/rape...

People use it as birth control now - - which is ridiculous...
People should take responsibility for their actions.
Period.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs