Peoria, Arizona
#31New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 02:07:55
@hoppy Said

Obama. Eric Holder.

'Bout says it all.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#32New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 02:19:20
Didn't Bush have problems with executive privilege abuse as well?
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#33New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 04:12:40
@DiscordTiger Said

Sigh, the plus sign means she signed up for TFS+ when it was an option. It's not a big conspiracy.

FYI: You can still add or remove the + from your profile if you go into TFS+ and sign up or downgrade.

Look at me now. I'm a billygoat+

Bow to me,motha f***as!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#34New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 08:09:42
Executive privilege has been invoked at least once in every administration since Nixon.

Reagan invoked it 3 times.

Clinton invoked it 14 times.

W Bush invoked it 6 times.

This is Obama's first.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#35New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 11:18:30
@Leon Said

Maybe so, but Bush wasn't involved in selling guns to violent criminals. Can you imagine what would happen to you or me if we even bought one gun and sold it to someone who used it to kill a cop?
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 11:40:25
@Leon Said

All leaders have similar issues when their position bring them into contact to other powerful people. Good intentions can be so easily diverted. This applies to all politicians at every level. The 'higher up' the greater these temptations become. So we need totall transparancy in all acts that have a public consequence. But in turn all who can vote should register and not hide behind "I don't do politics" else politics will continue to be undemocratic.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#37New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 13:05:22
@Leon Said

This is Obama's first.

And by far the worst, including Nixon, where it didn't work either. There are legitimate reasons for executive privilege--this is definitely one being used to hide culpability by a President who claimed he would have a transparent administration and not invoke it himself.

Eric Holder told a Senate committee (paraphrased),
"Well, yeah, Michael Mukasey, Bush's attorney general, he knew about that."

"Oh, yeah?" Issa said. "We need some proof."

"Uhhhhh, okay. I guess Mukasey didn't know about it. We retract it."

BTW, is this one being invoked to protect Bush, since the administration claimed he started it, even though Holder says he didn't know about it as late as Feb '11?

Leon, this is a deadpan, stonewall coverup.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#38New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 15:50:51
Well, if you remember anything about Watergate and Lewinsky you would remember that it was more the attempted cover up (out of fear of the media) that got Nixon and Clinton in trouble rather than the actual crime, as Nixon wasn't even guilty of the latter. It may be all that is going on here. Seems to me the idea of selling a few weapons undercover to expose the real traffic is something that has been regular practice and isn't much different than undercover cops soliciting and selling drugs and prostitution to catch the offenders. But it looked bad, especially since, indeed, the biased media would orgasm over a patrol killing, so Holder put his foot in his mouth when he really didn't need to and the rest has just been an attempt to take his foot out.

Look, all we or any of the biased media can do is speculate, and, if you know me at all from past convos in here, I'm not so big on hate driven theories and would prefer to wait and see what factually unfolds. If it is indeed as bad as you are touting it to be, then it will, a la Watergate & Lewinsky. If it is nothing, it probably will anyways, with Holder just taking the fall just so Obama can indeed taper down the Limbaugh orgasms over this.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs